Mewing does shorten your midface

Weishaupt

Weishaupt

Mewcel
First you need know to know what osteoclast and osteoblast are.

Osteoclast: a large multinucleate bone cell that absorbs bone tissue during growth and healing.
Osteoblast: a cell that secretes the matrix for bone formation.

I am going to state facts and say you can go ahead and make a long face shorter, provided you have potential to change your oral muscle posture and function. If you start posturing your tongue on the roof of your mouth and press moderately your body will respond by applying osteoclast to the lower side of the hard palate to remove a layer of bone and make more room for the tongue. Then it would apply osteoblast to the top of the hard palate to insure the thickness of the palate is maintained effectively making your face shorter. This process, however, is not overnight but rather slow and takes at least a year, unless you are not an adult yet. If you correct your tongue posture when you're in the developmental phase you will see your whole face change very fast. Also, if you are hard-mewing and doing it during the whole day, the changes will be faster regardless of age due to the increased amount of force exerted on the maxilla. It's always better to get your tongue posture and breathing right in the growth phase, when everything is supercharged, but starting at a later age will still give you the changes you desire (although over the span of years and depending on how much and long the person is mewing for) and prevent further elongation of the face and collapse of the maxilla. Take the mewpill.

• +1
Reactions: ungewist, thecel, SPFromNY914 and 4 others
:dafuckfeels:mew

• JFL
Reactions: thecel
define adult
According to the American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics: Maxillary and mandibular growth were found to be statistically significant for the age periods of 16 to 18 years and 18 to 20 years. Although growth from 16 to 18 years was greater than that from 18 to 20 years. So I would say on average 20 years old is when you will start seeing it to take longer to see changes.

• +1
Reactions: ungewist
According to the American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics: Maxillary and mandibular growth were found to be statistically significant for the age periods of 16 to 18 years and 18 to 20 years. Although growth from 16 to 18 years was greater than that from 18 to 20 years. So I would say on average 20 years old is when you will start seeing it to take longer to see changes.
tfw 17yo

I will pray to Dr Mew everyday, savior of lower thirds

• +1
(((mew)))

keep coping niggas

Attachments

• 1508826523179.jpg
    1508826523179.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 119
  • +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 5385, Never_Began and FaceandHFD
lookin ass

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 4.30.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 4.30.26 PM.png
    57 KB · Views: 121
  • +1
Reactions: Never_Began
I was mewing all along since I was a child. I wasn’t even aware of that lol
lookin ass
Round eyebrows, small chin/jaw, high hairline... what a deadly combo

• +1
OP my midface got longer from time to time. Is it possible that my midface got longer due to mouthbreathing? My side profile looks good tho and no signs of recession

• +1
I realized that I did this too when I was a child, but unconsciously at the time. Only when I discovered the teachings of Dr. Mew did I have this epiphany.

• +1
Reactions: ungewist and Deleted member 206
Round eyebrows, small chin/jaw, high hairline... what a deadly combo
Why people Who mew since a Young age have good lower third (Saw your photo)? Could It be mew? NO! IT'S GENETICS BRUH, NOW LET ME KEEP MOUTHBREATHING

• +1
Reactions: ungewist and Deleted member 206
does mewing affect mandible as well or just maxilla?

• +1
Reactions: ungewist and TakaRyo
does mewing affect mandible as well or just maxilla?
Mewing done properly pushes the maxilla up and forward, the mandible down and forward, which makes the chin go up and forward again. The part of the bone that is connected to the rest of the skull in the mandible adapts (remodels and lengthens) to it's new rotation as the maxilla moves forward and up out of the way of the mandible giving it space to rotate up.
OP my midface got longer from time to time. Is it possible that my midface got longer due to mouthbreathing? My side profile looks good tho and no signs of recession
It's not that it's "possible", it is why your midface got longer. When you're mouthbreathing when you're awake and asleep your mouth is open the whole time allowing gravity to lengthen your face with the tongue's force to counter it.

• +1
Reactions: ungewist and Nobody96