Mewing is cope

Hunter Vallance

Hunter Vallance

Temp. Banned
The amount of time I have seen people talk about mewing being the best thing since sliced bread and it makes me cringe.

Every single mewing before and after you see is either:
Puberty
Better lighting and Better Angle(Most likely)

Some people even use the picture of that guy that got Jaw surgery to prove mewing is "legit"

If you look at the old pictures of Astrosky, you can clearly see that he either
-Got a better Jaw with puberty
-Lost body fat
-better haircut to show the illusion of a sharper outer jaw

Brett Maverick
- He was already a chad and just hoped on the mewing bandwagon to make a couple of extra bucks.

Mike Mew made a video saying that you should take out your retainer and mew.
There was some guy on this forum that said he took out with retainer and thought it would stay the same, but it turns out his teeth went haywire.

Mewing spawned from people trying to mimic the orthotropic appliances that actually do work because they apply so much pressure to your maxilla 24/7 that it causes it to go forward.
Mewing is just making invisible braces with your tongue.

If you seriously want results

Orthodontics helps a lot if used post-puberty and depends on the type of malocclusion.

Orthotropic Appliances are actually proven to work so that is what i call the legit mewing route.

• +1
  • JFL
  • WTF
Reactions: Treasure223, mido the slayer, AspiringChad and 4 others
Yeah pretty much.

• +1
Reactions: AspiringChad
Oh you don't say

Mewing combined with chewing fixed my bite, tightened the muscles under my chin, which raised my thyroid bone and created the appearance of a more defined jawline. My midface shortened because I fixed my bite and my face got wider because of masseter muscle hypertrophy. My ramus on the side that was less defined became more defined.

Its copeeeeeeeeee. Its all about nose breathing. Your face would still fucked if you put your tongue the roof of your mouth and mouth breathe. Its not about tongue. Its about the way you breathe.

don´t discard mewing, i tested it myself. you can really make your face squarer

the tongue can push more force than most orthotropic appliances. The results are gained through consistency. OP is coping because he doesn't want to wait.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: 5'8manlet, incelslayer01, middayshowers and 1 other person

the tongue can push more force than most orthotropic appliances. The results are gained through consistency. OP is coping because he doesn't want to wait.

None of this shit is legit if you are above 10. Mike Mew said it himself.

• +1
Reactions: DidntRead
Mewing combined with chewing fixed my bite, tightened the muscles under my chin, which raised my thyroid bone and created the appearance of a more defined jawline. My midface shortened because I fixed my bite and my face got wider because of masseter muscle hypertrophy. My ramus on the side that was less defined became more defined.
PM before/after pics

mewing increased my fwhr

None of this shit is legit if you are above 10. Mike Mew said it himself.
Mike New said no such thing. He asserts change is possible up to age 25, and not impossible for the rest of your life.

• +1
Reactions: SayNoToRotting
the only legit thing is chewing for masseter hypertrophy and nose breathing

People go from subhuman posture(open mouth tongue laying low) to normal posture and start keeping their mouth closed.
Then they cope and think they achieved something great but in reality they just became slightly normal.

• +1
Reactions: DidntRead and mido the slayer
Mike New said no such thing. He asserts change is possible up to age 25, and not impossible for the rest of your life.
He said it to me on Facebook. Keep coping.

Mewing is the biggest cope is the history

But just do breath through your mouth and that’s all

If you have bad jaw it’s because of genetic look at your parents they likely have the same jaw

Genes is what determine your life

Orthodontics helps a lot if used post-puberty and depends on the type of malocclusion.

Orthotropic Appliances are actually proven to work so that is what i call the legit mewing route.
which orthotropic appliances are you talking about?

- biobloc, is just a palate expander with another name. It already existed in standard orthodontics

- AGGA or FAGGA: it works in growing the maxilla forward, but a Facepull Headgear (which has existed for decades in dentistry) is better because it also fixes downturned maxillas. (gonial angle)

• Woah
Reactions: Pendejo
Peer reviewer studies and actual words from Mike Mew on his YouTube channel vs heresay
Keep coping by mewing then.
Mewing is the biggest cope is the history

But just do breath through your mouth and that’s all

If you have bad jaw it’s because of genetic look at your parents they likely have the same jaw

Genes is what determine your life
That's not actually true. Mouth breathing fucks your jaw, cheekbones, teeth. Genes dont mean anything.

Facepull Headgear (which has existed for decades in dentistry) is better because it also fixes downturned maxillas. (gonial angle)
Damn i need something like that, how much its it?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5656
9 months in, 4 mms upper palate expansion.

• +1
Reactions: 5'8manlet and dodt
The amount of time I have seen people talk about mewing being the best thing since sliced bread and it makes me cringe.

Every single mewing before and after you see is either:
Puberty
Better lighting and Better Angle(Most likely)

Some people even use the picture of that guy that got Jaw surgery to prove mewing is "legit"

If you look at the old pictures of Astrosky, you can clearly see that he either
-Got a better Jaw with puberty
-Lost body fat
-better haircut to show the illusion of a sharper outer jaw

Brett Maverick
- He was already a chad and just hoped on the mewing bandwagon to make a couple of extra bucks.

Mike Mew made a video saying that you should take out your retainer and mew.
There was some guy on this forum that said he took out with retainer and thought it would stay the same, but it turns out his teeth went haywire.

Mewing spawned from people trying to mimic the orthotropic appliances that actually do work because they apply so much pressure to your maxilla 24/7 that it causes it to go forward.
Mewing is just making invisible braces with your tongue.

If you seriously want results

How dare you speak against our lord and saviour Mike Mew. May you be cursed with a collapsed maxilla and miniature airways.

• +1
Reactions: 5'8manlet
year in near 8mm expansion plus zero submental plus juicier lips plus straighter thicker neck and better maxilla

Damn i need something like that, how much its it?
some people on Lookism have built a headgear with an american football helmet.
with an headgear you can save thousand dolars you would spend with a Lefort 1 Osteotomy

• Woah
Reactions: Pendejo
But mewing is basically just proper oral posture and proper swallowing, there's nothing wrong with that part.

It's like if someone named John has perfect posture while sitting and starts calling it "Johning", sounds silly but it's a good thing.

Not sure about taking out retainers and stuff though.

Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: weebcel