Microneedling devices (don´t overpay for them)

Deleted member 6963

Deleted member 6963

Overlord
Whether you want to incorperate them into your hair regrowth protocol or use them to optimize collagen production, derma pens can be a useful product.
The most well known brands/ products are probably Dr Pen and the Derminator 2. The latter of the two might be a good product, but I´m not very keen on supporting the person behind it.

From my understanding Dr Pen doesn´t actually produce their derma pens, but buys them from China and sells them at a hefty margin. Just compare the prices for presumably the same product.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1332, Zeta ascended, BrickTop and 3 others
hefty margins me

also mirin high iq thread

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite, Danish_Retard, wasted and 2 others
Ok

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Dog face, JawGuyFatFaceGuy, Deleted member 5912 and 2 others
derminator or cope. dermastap is good if poorcel

• +1
Reactions: Joodz and Seth Walsh
Whether you want to incorperate them into your hair regrowth protocol or use them to optimize collagen production, derma pens can be a useful product.
The most well known brands/ products are probably Dr Pen and the Derminator 2. The latter of the two might be a good product, but I´m not very keen on supporting the person behind it.

From my understanding Dr Pen doesn´t actually produce their derma pens, but buys them from China and sells them at a hefty margin. Just compare the prices for presumably the same product.

No don’t get a pen get a stamp

Attachments

• 3A023B74-C492-4553-8471-70148A218097.png
    3A023B74-C492-4553-8471-70148A218097.png
    457 KB · Views: 171
  • +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS, JawGuyFatFaceGuy and xefo
No don’t get a pen get a stamp
Do you think those irregularities will also occur if you don't "glide" over the skin with the device but use it "point after point"? @The Bleach Pill

And do you think that pens might be better for the hairline / regrowth?

Last edited:
Do you think those irregularities will also occur if you don't "glide" over the skin with the device but use it "point after point"? @The Bleach Pill

for regrowth/collagen its the depth that matters and the consistency. As for if you can fix the irregularities im not sure as im not going to take the risk of buying it. This is a case where cost doesn't mean its better. I know some pens come with programmable speeds and ive heard faster speeds can prevent this but that doesn't make sense to me. So im going with the stamp. If you already have the pen id look into how to avoid it for sure but yea. The pen pulls the skin when you glide fast, so if I could recommend anything it would be to not glide fast over the skin.

• +1
Reactions: xefo and The Bleach Pill

yes, The irregularities argument is mainly cope. they essentially both provide the same results but the derminator is just much more convenient as its a lifetime commitment

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6963
yes, The irregularities argument is mainly cope. they essentially both provide the same results but the derminator is just much more convenient as its a lifetime commitment
Why do you think that a manual stamp is superior to a pen?

• +1
Reactions: wasted and The Bleach Pill
Why do you think that a manual stamp is superior to a pen?
in terms of results no. Both are equivalent, pen is just easier to use and more convenient

• +1
in terms of results no. Both are equivalent, pen is just easier to use and more convenient
Thanks for the recommendation on the dermanator, I canceled my stamp and going to buy that. Will make it easier to do it consistently as it’s faster and seems less painful based on the videos I watched. Like you said it’s a lifetime thing.

• +1
Reactions: Joodz, xefo and Deleted member 6963
I find this shit scary. First dermarollers were the shit, then it was found it caused microtearing which could be awful in the long term, now dermastamps are the hottest shit, how long until someone finds this shit is actually bad for your skin?

i bought the derminator and i couldnt care less about the company i want chico skin

• +1
Reactions: Joodz
and derminator is superior btw

• +1
and derminator is superior btw
Never said it isn't. It's also more than 3 times more expensive and some people simply don't want to spend that much, only want to needle their hairline (hard to justify buying a derminator just for that purpose) or just want to try out microneedling to see if they like it.

The purpose of this post is to tell people that they don't have to buy the Dr pen from the official website, but can simply buy it from AliExpress because it seems to be the same product.

• +1
Reactions: JustAFewMM
i bought drpen ultima a6 from ebay for 66 euro

• +1
Never said it isn't. It's also more than 3 times more expensive and some people simply don't want to spend that much, only want to needle their hairline (hard to justify buying a derminator just for that purpose) or just want to try out microneedling to see if they like it.

The purpose of this post is to tell people that they don't have to buy the Dr pen from the official website, but can simply buy it from AliExpress because it seems to be the same product.
so what seems to set the derminator apart is that its fast enough to not cause tearing which most pens seem to do. I think id go with the derminator or a stamp. Would not go with any other pen because other pens don't seem to address the issue of tearing they only compare themselves to dermarollers which isn't hard to do better than.

• +1
for regrowth/collagen its the depth that matters and the consistency. As for if you can fix the irregularities im not sure as im not going to take the risk of buying it. This is a case where cost doesn't mean its better. I know some pens come with programmable speeds and ive heard faster speeds can prevent this but that doesn't make sense to me. So im going with the stamp. If you already have the pen id look into how to avoid it for sure but yea. The pen pulls the skin when you glide fast, so if I could recommend anything it would be to not glide fast over the skin.
By dermastamp you mean the manual ones? afaik the derminator 2 is a electric dermastamp.

What’s the verdict on using a dermaroller/dermastamp while also on tretinoin?

Don’t use tret for 3 days or anything really for 3 days after derma

By dermastamp you mean the manual ones? afaik the derminator 2 is a electric dermastamp.
Derminator is the only electric stamp that doesn’t cause tearing, either get derminator or a manual

i heard microneedlin cause micro scarring and that is bad long term
is it true?

Studies have shown that using tret in conjunction with microneedling improves atrophic scarring a lot. Stop use of tret a few days before and after microneedling though.

• +1
Studies have shown that using tret in conjunction with microneedling improves atrophic scarring a lot. Stop use of tret a few days before and after microneedling though.
whats annoying is if you are off tret 4 days in total while microneedling once a week that's almost no tret for a few months

• +1
Reactions: Morpheus
i heard microneedlin cause micro scarring and that is bad long term
is it true?
seems only dermarollers do that because the needles don't enter the skin straight

Users who are viewing this thread

Back