midface theory debunked by an actual study (eme angle)

toolateforme

toolateforme

Again hoping that i don't wake up tomorrow..
We found that male faces with relatively smaller EME angles (i.e., moremasculinized facial feature with respect to the studied trait) wereperceived by women as more attractive. These findings suggest that EME is valuable even in a highly homogenous population. Tothe extent that this trait is related with the level of masculinity, itmight reflect higher level of androgens during the time when thefacial features develop during male ontogeny (for more discussionon male facial development, see Enlow, 1990; Tanner, 1989).Because androgens may disturb immunocompetence (Barber,1995; Fink & Neave, 2005; Fink & Penton-Voak, 2002; Folstad &Karter, 1992; for comprehensive discussion, see also Moshkin,Gerlinskaya, & Evsikov, 2000), then the EME angle could be anew indicator of a man’s ability to display traits that are metabol-ically expensive and costly to develop, and thus a signal of hisunderlying biological fitness. Thus, the preferences for more mas-culinized faces (i.e., those with smaller EME angle) could be newevidence supporting the handicap principle by Zahavi (1975)

[...]

EME angle depends on two facialmetric traits: interpupilarydistance (IPD) and upper face height. More precisely, EME anglereflects the trigonometric proportion of these two facial measure-ments. Because these traits can be more easily measured than EMEangle, we examined the correlations between EME angle and eachof these two traits and found that these correlations are only slight.

[...]

However, in contrast to EME angle,neither of these two traits correlate significantly with facial attrac-tiveness.

[...]

This means that EME angle is a featurethat provides new information in addition to the traits on which itis constructed.In contrary to EME angle, the distances between the outer andinner eye corners and horizontal eye separation (IPD) are notcorrelated with male attractiveness (Cunningham, Barbee, & Pike,1990; Grammer & Thornhill, 1994). A further trait that mayinfluence EME angle value is the lower face length (from thepupils to the tip of the chin). This feature is considered to besexually dimorphic (Koehler et al., 2004; Penton-Voak et al.,2001; Scheib et al., 1999), but the relationship of this trait withattractiveness is inconclusive, with some studies finding a positivecorrelation (Scheib et al., 1999) and others finding no correlation(Danel & Pawlowski, 2006; Penton-Voak et al., 2001). An addi-tional argument for using EME angle instead of only IPD or faceheight is that EME angle is independent of the face size (an anglesize of a triangle does not depend on the triangle size). This meansthat EME angle can be used for easy comparisons between differ-ent faces independently of the facial size or facial-photo format.Altogether, our results indicate that EME angle is an uncompli-cated facial index that does not duplicate information provided byexisting facialmetric traits and allows for the examination of thelinks between facial masculinity and attractiveness.

mean eme angle was 47.8 for men and attractiveness was negatively correlated to eme angle.
and only 11percent of 45 guys were considered above average looking by women, so ideal eme angle would be definitely lower than 47.8, maybe significantly.

i couldnt believe my eyes when i saw the study tbh. its very incompatible with traditional puahate belief.
Leonardo DiCaprio Look Alike Konrad Annerud

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5746, thecel, oatmeal and 4 others
Can you post examples of high and low angles?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8172, thecel and mogstar

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 347
  • +1
Reactions: Lolcel, Deleted member 5746, thecel and 3 others
Eme angle is basically this
Lower eme angle is just lower midface ratio
Stipe Miocic has a midface ratio of 0.94, despite insane facial and skull width (and high FWHR)
MIOCIC_STIPE_BELT.png

So this makes sense, the most masculine men have high midface ratios in combination with high FWHR at the same time, meaning an overall huge skull in all dimensions (more punch resistant).

• +1
Reactions: Lolcel, Deleted member 5746, Chadelite and 4 others
Stipe Miocic has a midface ratio of 0.94, despite insane facial and skull width (and high FWHR)
MIOCIC_STIPE_BELT.png

So this makes sense, the most masculine men have high midface ratios in combination with high FWHR at the same time, meaning an overall huge skull in all dimensions (more punch resistant).
If you have high fwhr with low eme angle your es ratio becomes dogshit. Maybe fwhr theory was irrelevant afterall..
Idk what is the ideal eme angle cuz the study doesnt tell us. Im very curious of it

If you have high fwhr with low eme angle your es ratio becomes dogshit. Maybe fwhr theory was irrelevant afterall..
Idk what is the ideal eme angle cuz the study doesnt tell us. Im very curious of it

If you have wide set eyes bad ES Ratio doesn't matter. Because on a big skull cheekbones will grow disproportionately wider than IPD will.

Shit ES Ratio looks bad when its caused by overly close set eyes only.

Just another proof you cant break down looks with singular formulas, its about how everything comes together (HARMONY).

• +1
Reactions: LastHopeForNorman, Deleted member 2729, Deleted member 8172 and 4 others
If you have wide set eyes bad ES Ratio doesn't matter. Because on a big skull cheekbones will grow disproportionately wider than IPD will.

Shit ES Ratio looks bad when its caused by overly close set eyes only.

Just another proof you cant break down looks with singular formulas, its about how everything comes together (HARMONY).
Hmm.. asians look ugly because of wide cheekbones

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5746
  • +1
Reactions: MentalistKebab and Deleted member 4797
Flat faces and low cheakbones

actually this is about ratio so your theory is weird..
what you are basically saying is all the sudden ugly face becomes attractive after enlarging skull somehow, even tho every ratios are same.
that just doesn't make sense.
asians obviously look bad because of their wide face compared to ipd even tho their absolute ipd measurements are wide enough compared to other races. and it's definitely not only about flat face and low cheekbones.

• +1
  • Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: Uglybrazilian, Deleted member 5746, Deleted member 1553 and 1 other person
lol no, asians look ugly because their faces have literally no forward projection
from the frontal profile wide face fucks their harmony up a lot.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5746
from the frontal profile wide face fucks their harmony up a lot.
you can still tell that a face is as flat as a pancake from front view, yeah some asians are moonfaced but it's def not their main failo tbh, asians need better foreheads and better maxillas

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4797
actually this is about ratio so your theory is weird..
what you are basically saying is all the sudden ugly face becomes attractive after enlarging skull somehow, even tho every ratios are same.
that just doesn't make sense.
asians obviously look bad because of their wide face compared to ipd even tho their absolute ipd measurements are wide enough compared to other races. and it's definitely not only about flat face and low cheekbones.
Your putting words in my mouth man so Im not gonna continue this chat anymore, believe what you wanna believe.

Your putting words in my mouth man so Im not gonna continue this chat anymore, believe what you wanna believe.
you really dont wanna change your sacred psl belief do you lol.

'If you have wide set eyes bad ES Ratio doesn't matter. Because on a big skull cheekbones will grow disproportionately wider than IPD will.

Shit ES Ratio looks bad when its caused by overly close set eyes only.'

if your overall skull and cheekbone has overly grown wider than ipd, then ipd becomes overly close set.
it's literally a same thing. can you tell me how it is not a same thing?

and lol @ citing stipe miocic's face when we're talking about attractiveness jfl. no prime woman will find him attractive
nicolas cage laughing GIF

Last edited:
MIOCIC_STIPE_BELT.png

Are the most masculine looking men usaully unnappealing to women?

Are the most masculine looking men usaully unnappealing to women?
For sex appeal they're the most appealing, the ideal combo is mascthetic which just means having both.

Aesthetics meaning forward growth and good features like thick eyelashes, thick limbal ring etc, not 'feminine features to balance out the masculine'.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5746 and Phillybeard1996
lifefuel for me

• JFL
Reactions: thecel
You think mse will improve mento labial

• +1
So the lower the EME angle the better?

Can you post examples of high and low angles?

• +1
Reactions: thecel and Deleted member 4797
Flat faces and low cheekbones
Cope ,asian have aveolar prognatism medium ,ante faces higher ,high cheeksbone ,your racist and cope ,asian face no flat but medium ,not ortonatigh

A
IMG 20210921 111924
Screenshot 20210917 205921

you can still tell that a face is as flat as a pancake from front view, yeah some asians are moonfaced but it's def not their main failo tbh, asians need better foreheads and better maxillas
Cope

I'd say better cranium problem but this could be a racial thing I don't know it can't only be whites that have the chad cranium every 1 is looking for.

@thecel are you talking about the averages or are only whites capable of such a cranium.

Cope ,asian have aveolar prognatism medium ,ante faces higher ,high cheeksbone ,your racist and cope ,asian face no flat but medium ,not ortonatigh

A
View attachment 1343116View attachment 1343117

Fucking brutal the asian's have flatter faces nose is almost clapped there radix is flaming into there skulls almost. the caucasian has a better cranium.

Well tbf that's only the first Asian the 2nd Asian is comparable to the white man on the 2nd row pic right. 1ST white mogs all of the other 3 examples so far.

3RD picture the gook ass rapes the white guy in aesthetics better jaw neck visibility better mid face infra orbitals everything. He mogs the white guy on the right.

1ST white guy is the only true chad in those pics the cranium the midface the nose it's all perfectly compacted fuark.

A
View attachment 1343116View attachment 1343117

Also the ante face doesn't just apply to your alveolar processing if that was the case blacks would be the most forward grown race on average.

Ante face refers how forward grown you are relative to your cranium if you have a shit cranium than jaw surgery and maxilla surgery severely limits in potential a more prominent cranium but recessed jaw and maxilla cel will be high tier normie to chad lite post surgery.

@thecel the cranium pill killed me.

• Love it
You Cope
Ante face refers how forward grown you are relative to your cranium if you have a shit cranium than jaw surgery and maxilla surgery severely limits in potential a more prominent cranium but recessed jaw and maxilla cel will be high tier normie to chad lite post surgery.

@thecel the cranium pill killed me. I am Cope Maxxing sorry bro

Also the ante face doesn't just apply to your alveolar processing if that was the case blacks would be the most forward grown race on average.

@thecel the cranium pill killed me.
I won't take racist people seriously and overly proud of yourself, such as mental disorders,

• Hmm...
Reactions: reptiles
I won't take racist people seriously and overly proud of yourself, such as mental disorders,

Nigga you cant even understand what im writing down and then you have the gall to csll hr me racist.

Whites have more frontal craniums and there proportions are all right if there chad the aversge hell no but top tiers are not average there 1 out 748 people ffs.