Mile Time

Deleted member 12218

Deleted member 12218

Platinum
Recently started running these past couple of weeks after no activity for 1 year due to covid and no sports. I’m doing it to debloat as well as get stronger legs. Freshman year of high school when I was biking to and from school(6miles) everyday and running a mile in PE all the time, my record time was 7:34.

My workout these past weeks were to just do dynamic stretches for a minute than run a full mile timed, nothing else lmao. My first couple of times I ran around the 8:30 range until it started getting better and I just got my fastest time tonight at 7:03. I was breathing through my nose and running as hard as I could everytime so I know it’s actual improvement instead of me not trying hard enough.

So I got a 90 second improvement in less than a month, crazy imo. Then again my body feels like it’s designed for this at 6’1 145lbs with a slim build. Any runners here? What are your guys experience with running?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Kristin, thecel, Deleted member 10987 and 3 others
freshman year of high school I got a 5:11 mile. but i used to train hardcore on the treadmill running 5 miles at a time

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 10987, Deleted member 10516 and Deleted member 12218
freshman year of high school I got a 5:11 mile. but i used to train hardcore on the treadmill running 5 miles at a time
What was your workout? How long did it take? And how tall/weight?

What was your workout? How long did it take? And how tall/weight?
I just hopped on the treadmill and ran 5 miles. I would run the miles at a certain speed, say 7.5 mph, then after a few weeks maybe bump it up to 7.6 mph, etc....

also i forget how tall i was back in freshman year, i'm 5'11 now so a little shorter i guess

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10987 and Deleted member 12218
I just hopped on the treadmill and ran 5 miles. I would run the miles at a certain speed, say 7.5 mph, then after a few weeks maybe bump it up to 7.6 mph, etc....

also i forget how tall i was back in freshman year, i'm 5'11 now so a little shorter i guess
Ah makes sense, I don’t have sidewalks in my neighborhood so the only form of pacemaker I get is the cars driving behind me while I’m running.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4612
Lmao that’s slow

Recently started running these past couple of weeks after no activity for 1 year due to covid and no sports. I’m doing it to debloat as well as get stronger legs. Freshman year of high school when I was biking to and from school(6miles) everyday and running a mile in PE all the time, my record time was 7:34.

My workout these past weeks were to just do dynamic stretches for a minute than run a full mile timed, nothing else lmao. My first couple of times I ran around the 8:30 range until it started getting better and I just got my fastest time tonight at 7:03. I was breathing through my nose and running as hard as I could everytime so I know it’s actual improvement instead of me not trying hard enough.

So I got a 90 second improvement in less than a month, crazy imo. Then again my body feels like it’s designed for this at 6’1 145lbs with a slim build. Any runners here? What are your guys experience with running?
Terrible. I’m 6’2 230-235 and run multiple 6 min miles through out my workout at the gym.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10987
Lmao that’s slow
For a beginner? You’ve got to be joking
ACCE65BB 88A6 45A2 9CA0 D9CAB9DF6B44

Terrible. I’m 6’2 230-235 and run multiple 6 min miles through out my workout at the gym.
Alright you win lord and savior Tyron Bolt, you’re fast I get it. Whats your age?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Kristin and Deleted member 10516
For a beginner? You’ve got to be joking
View attachment 993704

Alright you win lord and savior Tyron Bolt, you’re fast I get it. Whats your age?
22 and I’ve been running since June 1st 2020. My 1st mile was 11:45 lmao.
Fastest mile 5:02
Fastest 1.5 mile is 7:27
Pics for proof...

Attachments

• D69651EA-CB5F-40E8-85EE-2906EC3CF141.png
    D69651EA-CB5F-40E8-85EE-2906EC3CF141.png
    44.1 KB · Views: 9
  • A238CAB4-A5A9-41FE-B92B-831CE5089E03.png
    A238CAB4-A5A9-41FE-B92B-831CE5089E03.png
    361.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 24BCD354-0F6D-474C-BE4B-F45478085A2D.png
    24BCD354-0F6D-474C-BE4B-F45478085A2D.png
    357.3 KB · Views: 11
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 12218
22 and I’ve been running since June 1st 2020. My 1st mile was 11:45 lmao.
Fastest mile 5:02
Fastest 1.5 mile is 7:27
Pics for proof...
That‘s actually insane for you’re weight, I’d imagine you’d probably be better at shorter distances if you got that Jamaican dna.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 10516
Yeah I have big muscular legs so that’s prob why im able to move at fast speeds. Endurance i earned by training. Keep training. Also working leg muscles helps making running easier
That‘s actually insane for you’re weight, I’d imagine you’d probably be better at shorter distances if you got that Jamaican dna.

• +1
Its a good improvement.
many people will insult you for it since the timing is absolute shit compared to track and field standards (sub 5 is considered decent). But after some training its good for the average guy.

Your training is shit though, you need to do distance work to improve your running economy. 1mile runs everyday arent gonna do anything.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 10987, Deleted member 10516 and Deleted member 12218
Its a good improvement.
many people will insult you for it since the timing is absolute shit compared to track and field standards (sub 5 is considered decent). But after some training its good for the average guy.

Your training is shit though, you need to do distance work to improve your running economy. 1mile runs everyday arent gonna do anything.
View attachment 993712
Yeah you’re gonna need to do at least 3-5 1 miles runs.. or practice 2-5 mile runs

• +1
Its a good improvement.

View attachment 993712
I’d like to know a bit more about how that works. Got any articles or something?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Kristin and Deleted member 10516

Porsche gained 17s on the Nurburgring while still having the same Horsepower (500)
How can you cope ?
They didnt cut weight either

• JFL
Is doing 30 Laps of a football stadium good ?

• JFL
@Maesthetic You give me mixed signals with your reacts man

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 10987