MINOXIDIL AND BEARD GTFIH Everyone (Pics)

Deleted member 2788

Deleted member 2788

Diamond
Alright i know everyone here hates minoxidil bcuz muh collagen, but i think a beard can make a great change in how you look. You guys will probably say that a beard wont change your PSL but VISUALLY speaking, it changes a lot imo. The ordinary people doesnt stop and look at you and analyze your flaws like your jaw, chin, brow ridge etc like everyone here..

Look at these photos with and without beard:
20190911 205033

When i shave completely i look like a retard lol, idk if its because i'm used to see at least some beard on me or something. This is me only 1 month using minoxidil:
20190911 211826

I know minoxidil affects your collagen, but isn't it worth it? I mean for BEARDS you dont have to use minoxidil your whole life like it is with hair, once you grow it fully you can stop using it. When you stop using it you go full skincaremaxx and take care of it. Also, i'm 22 and can easily pass as a 19.

If you have dem great zygos hollow cheeks, big and gorg ramus, you'll look good without a beard. But for those who dont have it, a beard can help a lot imo.

• Love it
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: oldcell, Deleted member 2205 and Lorsss
I've been applying it to eyebrows and hairline. No change in skin

Minoxidil effecting collagen levels in humans is not a 100% scientific certainty. As of now we just have anecdotal evidence from people on both sides. As for me it hasn't aged my skin at all despite using it for 3 years, but I've heard other things from some members here.

Here's an excerpt summarising what we know so far pretty well:

Minoxidil has been shown in cell culture (outside of the body, also called, in vitro) studies to have range of inhibitory effects on skin fibroblasts (a type of cell that produces collagen). It has also been reported that minoxidil hinders collagen synthesis and inhibits the effects of specific growth factors, substances that are capable of stimulating cellular growth, in cultured hair dermal papilla of rats(yes, rats, not humans!) But applying these results obtained in cell culture studies or rats to the use of minoxidil in humans is uncertain.

There are no human studies demonstrating that minoxidil causes collagen depletion or wrinkles as a side effect (and there are many studies of minoxidil effects on humans). Even though there are anecdotal reports online stating this, minoxidil has been used for over 25 years and there are no real complaints or published reports in clinical practice (with patients).

• +1
Reactions: Newguyaround, Lorsss, I'mme and 4 others
Minoxidil effecting collagen levels in humans is not a 100% scientific certainty. As of now we just have anecdotal evidence from people on both sides. As for me it hasn't aged my skin at all despite using it for 3 years, but I've heard other things from some members here.

Minoxidil has been shown in cell culture (outside of the body, also called, in vitro) studies to have range of inhibitory effects on skin fibroblasts (a type of cell that produces collagen). It has also been reported that minoxidil hinders collagen synthesis and inhibits the effects of specific growth factors, substances that are capable of stimulating cellular growth, in cultured hair dermal papilla of rats(yes, rats, not humans!) But applying these results obtained in cell culture studies or rats to the use of minoxidil in humans is uncertain.

There are no human studies demonstrating that minoxidil causes collagen depletion or wrinkles as a side effect (and there are many studies of minoxidil effects on humans). Even though there are anecdotal reports online stating this, minoxidil has been used for over 25 years and there are no real complaints or published reports in clinical practice (with patients).
Yeah that's it i'm going back to minoxidil. I was having good beard gains and decided to stop bcuz all of the discussion about minox here. I'm just gonna be sure to cleanse, moisturize and use sunscreen to diminish minoxidil effects on skin. Fuck prettyboymaxx. Let's go back to look like a man.

• +1
Reactions: Newguyaround

JFL at all the retards who are going to try and argue against this. "But bro i read this article on this homeopathic website"

• +1
Reactions: Newguyaround
Evaristo ficou chadlite lol

It aged my skin but I also overdosed often and used it right after dermarolling

I know minoxidil affects your collagen, but isn't it worth it? I mean for BEARDS you dont have to use minoxidil your whole life like it is with hair, once you grow it fully you can stop using it. When you stop using it you go full skincaremaxx and take care of it. Also, i'm 22 and can easily pass as a 19.

Too many people have reported hairs falling out once they stopped using it.

Some have no problems with it, some get all sides possible including erectyle problems.

Speaking for myself, I've had almost no side effects besides dry skin and occassional itching. Jfl at people being afraid of Minox which can be discontinued at any time vs suggesting leg lengthening and other risky surgeries that might put you in a wheelchair permanently.

Lmao I can literally see the collagen depletion from your skin already

from personal experience I recommend using it only if you can afford cosmetic procedures like tca peeling, and still should consult with a dermatoligst. I got fine lines in nasobial fold + more fine lines around eyes

from personal experience I recommend using it only if you can afford cosmetic procedures like tca peeling, and still should consult with a dermatoligst. I got fine lines in nasobial fold + more fine lines around eyes
I gave up lmao

110787-046d83bade21a7bfa8bbe6ea4807adf9.jpg

zHYfo5r.gif

I never expected I'd ever see Evaristo Costa on a Lookism forum

BTW, minoxidil decreasing collagen is a myth, the cause of the problem is other thing

Does it hurt collagen production if you're using it for hair loss?

Does it hurt collagen production if you're using it for hair loss?
Do you read?

I should apply it on eyebrows. I want a unibrow

How's it going? Curious about the eyebrow part
Have your eyebrows improved noticeably?

It’s been 2 weeks I use 5% strength 1-2 times a day with a qtip. Also apply it on my hairline. I don’t have pictures but I’ve noticed some little hair follicle. Heard it takes 3 months to start seeing results. No change in skin at all. I probably have the shittiest eyebrow on this forum. Extremely scarce eyebrows.

Some people report acne and bloating from Minoxidil. Anyone experienced that?

Some people report acne and bloating from Minoxidil. Anyone experienced that?
I got acne for SURE bcuz of minox. Bloat maybe a little. However, it works if you want a beard (if you have the genetics ofc)