Minoxidil rules

Y

YellowDinosaur

Iron
Just came here to say that minoxidil did the following for me:
  • Gave me darker eyelashes which helped my buggy eyes look way less sickly
  • Gave me nice stubble (could also just be getting older though)
  • Extended and thickened my eyebrows
  • Thickened my head hair
I've been on it for almost two years now and still look as young as I did when I started (Anecdotally, this will not true for everybody)

If you have face aesthetics that lean into the diseased sort of look, then improving hair density can be crucial to looksmaxing

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 6403, Lev Peshkov and 4 others
can I use it brows?
my brow shape is top tier but they aren't super thick like I want them to be

• +1
Reactions: Lev Peshkov
  • +1
Reactions: Lev Peshkov
My head hair is really thick but my eyebrows are thin, is this just low T?

can I use it brows?
my brow shape is top tier but they aren't super thick like I want them to be

I've read people saying that only using it on your brows does help improve them

I put it on my beard area which I assume makes it go systematic and it effects my entire body

How old should you be before you start using minoxidil?

@Lifeisgood72

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6403
pics of before & after?

I use it for hair

• Thickened my head hair
I've been on it for almost two years now and still look as young as I did when I started (Anecdotally, this will not true for everybody)

If you have face aesthetics that lean into the diseased sort of look, then improving hair density can be crucial to looksmaxing

Are you using foam? And how the hell are you applying it to your eyelashes? I understand eyebrows, but lashes?

My head hair is really thick but my eyebrows are thin, is this just low T?
No
  • Thickened my head hair

Are you using minoxidil spray or cream?

Are you using foam? And how the hell are you applying it to your eyelashes? I understand eyebrows, but lashes?

I don't apply it to my lashes, I only apply it to my beard area. I think it likely spreads around your entire head (I have longish ear hairs now)

Are you using minoxidil spray or cream?

I use liquid rn because it's the cheapest

I don't apply it to my lashes, I only apply it to my beard area. I think it likely spreads around your entire head (I have longish ear hairs now)

do you apply it on your hair aswell? did you notice an increase in under eyelid/ forehead wrinkles? upper eylid pufiness or facial bloatness since starting min thanks

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5455

Any undesirable side effects? From using minoxidil in general?

• +1
Reactions: CopeTilliRope
Any undesirable side effects? From using minoxidil in general?

been back on minox 5 for less than 1 month and honestly i'm already noticing huge under eyes wrinkles ( used to have absolutely none) and fine forehead lines so ..... i' fucked i guess

been back on minox 5 for less than 1 month and honestly i'm already noticing huge under eyes wrinkles ( used to have absolutely none) and fine forehead lines so ..... i' fucked i guess
It's unlikely it's caused by minoxidil. There has been no recorded research that I've heard,that proves minoxidil causes skin aging. It's largely a myth at this point. And people who report these side effects are likely experiencing a nocebo effect.

If you truly are experiencing rapid skin aging within the time span of 1 month. I recommend you visiting a dermatologist asap.

• +1
i think i'm an extremelly good responder to the drug , i stopped using it a few years back and decided to restart cause i was srsly norwooding. The thing is that i got a twin brother using it aswell who didn't stop and he has huge under eyes wrinkles when i got none so i think for my case at least there is a correlation .

Btw what do you think of the studies done showing it inhibits collagen synthesis ?

Last edited:
Btw what do you think of the studies done showing it inhibits collagen synthesis ?
[/QUOTE]

This info is from Kevin Mann, a hair lost youtuber.
The theory that minoxidil causes skin aging comes from studies that in which skin cells were placed within a petri dish and exposed to minoxidil. Some collegen production was suppressed as a result.

The thing is, there has been no SOLID scientific proof that minoxidil truly causes skin aging. The only "evidence" of this, is coming from flawed anecdotes of minoxidil users. Where there could multiple reasons for skin aging, ex- Normal aging, sunlight exposure, poor diet, nocebo effect.

Even if this theory of minoxidil causing skin aging, is true (unlikely). Minoxidil is applied on hair and scalp, not directly on areas of visible skin important to appearance (cheeks). Unless you're trying to grow a beard.

According to Kevin Mann- There's a belief that minoxidil is adsorbed entirely systematically (entire body), so even if you apply it to your scalp, your body also experiences the effects. This is untrue, minoxidil is not absorbed systematically or is absorbed in an amount that is insignificant. If the belief is true, then users of topical (apply able on body) minoxidil would experience extreme side effects that are related to "Oral Minoxidil". "Chest pains from heart, Anemia, Fluid build up around the heart." Which users of topical minoxidil DO NOT EXPERIENCE. If so ,topical minoxidil would never have been allowed to the public by the FDA.

^TLDR- In the off chance that minoxidil truly does cause skin aging (very unlikely ) . It will only cause some collegen suppression in areas of appliance. This is unimportant because minoxidil is applied to the eyebrows and scalp (unless your growing a beard). Areas in which slightly less collegen production, is unimportant.

• +1
Reactions: zazzle and CopeTilliRope
do you apply it on your hair aswell? did you notice an increase in under eyelid/ forehead wrinkles? upper eylid pufiness or facial bloatness since starting min thanks

I used to apply it on my hair, but don't rn and it seems to be maintaining without application there

I've noticed no new wrinkles and I did get facial bloatness when I first started but that has gone away

• +1
Could you post a before and after?

I've been using it for only a month on beard and eyebrows and the difference is big already.

From basically no facial hair (shaving once a month) to tons of new baby hair on my entire beard area.
Eyebrows and eyelashes are thicker.

Considering to start putting it on my temples for a better hairline. I'm sceptical because for the hair on your head you sadly need to be on minox forever, otherwise they all fall out after stopping.

RIP sweet collagen

attachment.php

attachment.php

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 6217 and CopeTilliRope
I've been using it for only a month on beard and eyebrows and the difference is big already.

From basically no facial hair (shaving once a month) to tons of new baby hair on my entire beard area.
Eyebrows and eyelashes are thicker.

Considering to start putting it on my temples for a better hairline. I'm sceptical because for the hair on your head you sadly need to be on minox forever, otherwise they all fall out after stopping.

how many ml are you using on your eyebrow? did you notice an increase in your eyelashes aswell due to the minox going systemic? thanks

yes pls use minox then ill be the only one left on this forum with good collagen

• +1
Reactions: Schizoidcel
This info is from Kevin Mann, a hair lost youtuber.
The theory that minoxidil causes skin aging comes from studies that in which skin cells were placed within a petri dish and exposed to minoxidil. Some collegen production was suppressed as a result.

The thing is, there has been no SOLID scientific proof that minoxidil truly causes skin aging. The only "evidence" of this, is coming from flawed anecdotes of minoxidil users. Where there could multiple reasons for skin aging, ex- Normal aging, sunlight exposure, poor diet, nocebo effect.

Even if this theory of minoxidil causing skin aging, is true (unlikely). Minoxidil is applied on hair and scalp, not directly on areas of visible skin important to appearance (cheeks). Unless you're trying to grow a beard.

According to Kevin Mann- There's a belief that minoxidil is adsorbed entirely systematically (entire body), so even if you apply it to your scalp, your body also experiences the effects. This is untrue, minoxidil is not absorbed systematically or is absorbed in an amount that is insignificant. If the belief is true, then users of topical (apply able on body) minoxidil would experience extreme side effects that are related to "Oral Minoxidil". "Chest pains from heart, Anemia, Fluid build up around the heart." Which users of topical minoxidil DO NOT EXPERIENCE. If so ,topical minoxidil would never have been allowed to the public by the FDA.

^TLDR- In the off chance that minoxidil truly does cause skin aging (very unlikely ) . It will only cause some collegen suppression in areas of appliance. This is unimportant because minoxidil is applied to the eyebrows and scalp (unless your growing a beard). Areas in which slightly less collegen production, is unimportant.

Good post, however minoxidil can be absorbed systemically if you have dermarolled the application area up to 24 hours prior, or if you have any cuts, etc, so it’s best to avoid applying minoxidil in these scenarios.

RIP sweet collagen

attachment.php

attachment.php

Indoors lower quality vs outdoors in direct sunlight with frowning of brows leading to exaggeration of forehead lines, u can see he even has them in the first pic

• +1
Reactions: zazzle
Do you use it one eyelashes qnd eyebrows?