Minoxidil vs. Hairline Lowering Surgery

Bobelbrah

Bobelbrah

Bo bo
Might just be that I am new to looksmaxing, but my impression is that people opt for surgery rather than using minox for their hairline. I don't get why, as minox will grow you hair more or less anywhere you apply it. There is the potential risk for fucking up your collagen, but this can be be combated if you're careful. Otherwise it's cheaper, plus you are more in control of customizing your perfect hairline. Not to mention you won't have to bother with surgery.

I would probably benefit from a little bit of regrowth in my temples but still fin only because who wants to apply topicals everyday

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 11748 and GigaAscender
I would probably benefit from a little bit of regrowth in my temples but still fin only because who wants to apply topicals everyday
I'm personally put of by fin because of the side effects. Sure, a pill is convenient. But the advantage of a topical is that you're in the most control of where your hair's actually growing, which just in it self is huge.

usually healthy hair masks fix your hairline lol

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and Bobelbrah
I'm personally put of by fin because of the side effects. Sure, a pill is convenient. But the advantage of a topical is that you're in the most control of where your hair's actually growing, which just in it self is huge.
fin barely even gives people side effects

also I haven't personally used minoxidil but I don't think it's all that accurate in terms of only growing hair in the exact spot you apply it lol

you're probably not gonna be able to 'sculpt' your hairline or something

it works depending on how bald you are
Srs? I not even sure if I'm balding tbh, might just be a case of a mature hairline in combination with big ass forehead(has been like this since I was a teen) The rest of my hair is very thick and all good. Any recommendations for masks?

Srs? I not even sure if I'm balding tbh, might just be a case of a mature hairline in combination with big ass forehead(has been like this since I was a teen) The rest of my hair is very thick and all good. Any recommendations for masks?
it's cope don't bother

• +1
Retin a is a good solution to minox aging

• +1
Reactions: Bobelbrah
fin barely even gives people side effects
Well, that may be the case, but I rather not take the risk if possible. I have a pretty low sex drive, and don't want it to get any lower.
also I haven't personally used minoxidil but I don't think it's all that accurate in terms of only growing hair in the exact spot you apply it lol

you're not gonna be able to 'sculpt' your hairline or something
Why wouldn't you? This is basically what beardless people do who grow beards with minox, no?

Retin a is a good solution to minox aging
I am stupid for still not using ratin a in general, it can do so much for various problems. Have you used it yourself in conjunction with minox?

I am stupid for still not using ratin a in general, it can do so much for various problems. Have you used it yourself in conjunction with minox?
I tried minox on my eyebrows in 2020 without retin A, my skin was fucked up

This year im using a higher amount of minox but on my scalp + using retin A on my face. No affect to collagen whatsoever but my face gets a bit dry

• +1
I tried minox on my eyebrows in 2020 without retin A, my skin was fucked up
Sorry to hear
This year im using a higher amount of minox but on my scalp + using retin A on my face. No affect to collagen whatsoever but my face gets a bit dry
This is really comforting to hear. What's your overall skincare routine like? Couldn't the dryness just be combated as well?

Well, that may be the case, but I rather not take the risk if possible. I have a pretty low sex drive, and don't want it to get any lower.

Why wouldn't you? This is basically what beardless people do who grow beards with minox, no?
sure but it probably spreads to surrounding areas where you apply it

sure but it probably spreads to surrounding areas where you apply it
To my understanding, it may increase general hair growth a little, which for many will be plus anyways. But in general, only the local areas get affected. What's your reason for thinking it spreads?

To my understanding, it may increase general hair growth a little
exactly so if you put it in your temples, you're gonna get some regrowth in your temples. but you're not gonna be able to shape your exact hairline or something is what I meant. you can with a hair transplant though. :feelsmage:

exactly so if you put it in your temples, you're gonna get some regrowth in your temples. but you're not gonna be able to shape your exact hairline or something is what I meant. you can with a hair transplant though. :feelsmage:
It may increase general growth, meaning in places where your hair's already growing. Otherwise, the majority of minox effects will be limited the local areas where it's applied.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and ifyouwannabemylover
usually healthy hair masks fix your hairline lol
Can hair masks fix your hairline, like lower it?

What are hairmasks? What do they do? Pls respond

Can hair masks fix your hairline, like lower it?

What are hairmasks? What do they do? Pls respond
hair masks are natural treatments for the hair. hair needs protein therefore using an egg, honey and olive oil hairmask should help you out a lot. i started using them about 2 months ago and my hair isnt dry anymore. its fucking healthy, stallion level healthy. shiny and moisturized all day without the need of products

• Love it
Reactions: AscendingHero
hair masks are natural treatments for the hair. hair needs protein therefore using an egg, honey and olive oil hairmask should help you out a lot. i started using them about 2 months ago and my hair isnt dry anymore. its fucking healthy, stallion level healthy. shiny and moisturized all day without the need of products
WOW, wtf

My big question tho is that can this hair masks shit lower my hairline, even if the effect is miniscule? Can it?

it grows hair where you apply
some ppl in this thread were saying it's cope, thoughts?

At what rate does this grow hair can one combine this with dermarolling?

Wait so are you implying that hair masks can lower ones hairline?

some ppl in this thread were saying it's cope, thoughts?

At what rate does this grow hair can one combine this with dermarolling?

Wait so are you implying that hair masks can lower ones hairline?
hair masks aid hair growth they wont get rid of it

Minoxidil truly works I just can’t be bothered with looking older. Seen so many people develop wrinkles and folds, Id rather be bald with good skin at that point.

If your donar area truly is thick, stabilize your hairloss with Fin/Dut and get a transplant. Nothing else will help your hairline.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero