Misconceptions about chewing

Deleted member 3323

Deleted member 3323

Gone from the site
Here is a common one

1. "CHEWING CAUSES BLOATING!" The bloating is the result of the initial pump of using your masseter muscles, it goes away after a couple of minutes, it's not permanent. If it stays on longer that means you had a hard chewing workout and you should probably lower your load if you don't want TMJ.

2.) "CHEWING GIVES TMJ!" Yes - if you're a retard and chew more than you can. Have a 3-day split, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday are chewing days. It's like training your muscles. Give them rest days, workout with what you're capable of. If you can only do 3 pieces of Falim gum then do that, don't go overboard.

3.) "CHEWING IS COPE ANYWAYS!" If you compare modern native Americans to their predecessors you'd see that their ancestors had amazing jaws yet they don't. The only remaining feature of their past is their large cheekbones, but they don't have crazy bones like their ancestors. Why? Its because they had soft diets their whole lives. Chewing DOES increases ramus length and pronunciation and it does move bones. When you train a muscle your body will thicken the bones to accommodate the new muscle mass. This is why arm wrestlers usually have thick wrists and mountain climbers have huge hands. This also leads to the theory of epigenetics: that your face and mostly everything else isn't determined by your genetics but by your environment and thoughts but that's for another thread.

4.) "CHEWING LENGTHENS MIDFACE!" This is somewhat true if you solely chew on your molars your midface will lengthen over a long period of time. Chewing on your other teeth and incisors works to combat it.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6400 and tylerhunter97
Have to disagree about the bloating I chewed too much on my left side and it gave me a massester imbalance as a result.
The left side of my face is much more bloated than my right, most of the bloating is water retention and it looks so much better when I deal with the bloating but the imbalance in bloating is due to the uneven chewing.
remember to chew evenly and stop when your jaw gets wide enough, my jaw is too wide on the left now so I'll let it atrophy a bit
chewing is legit especially for youngcels but I see so many people being excessive with it.

If your bite is fucked you should have that corrected before chewing, because sometimes the bite affects how the muscles contract.

• +1
Reactions: IMZLEGEND, BountyKiller96, Deleted member 3323 and 1 other person
I'm a big dumb when it comes to chewing, can you like give me a bit more comprehensive guide on how can I do it without fucking up my face? Make the guide as autistic as possible if :feelstastyman:

Have to disagree about the bloating I chewed too much on my left side and it gave me a massester imbalance as a result.
The left side of my face is much more bloated than my right, most of the bloating is water retention and it looks so much better when I deal with the bloating but the imbalance in bloating is due to the uneven chewing.
remember to chew evenly and stop when your jaw gets wide enough, my jaw is too wide on the left now so I'll let it atrophy a bit
chewing is legit especially for youngcels but I see so many people being excessive with it.

Hmm, yeah, good thing you pointed that out. Chewing does cause bloating if you really overdo it in my opinion. Personally, I never received insane bloat, it came when I chewed and then went away. Also gonna have to disagree to "stop chewing" after your jaw gets wide enough. I think you meant to say "stop increasing your load after your jaw gets wide enough." If you stop chewing your muscles will atrophy, just chew with a smaller load like 2 pieces of gum a day.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy
Here is a common one

1. "CHEWING CAUSES BLOATING!" The bloating is the result of the initial pump of using your masseter muscles, it goes away after a couple of minutes, it's not permanent. If it stays on longer that means you had a hard chewing workout and you should probably lower your load if you don't want TMJ.

2.) "CHEWING GIVES TMJ!" Yes - if you're a retard and chew more than you can. Have a 3-day split, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday are chewing days. It's like training your muscles. Give them rest days, workout with what you're capable of. If you can only do 3 pieces of Falim gum then do that, don't go overboard.

3.) "CHEWING IS COPE ANYWAYS!" If you compare modern native Americans to their predecessors you'd see that their ancestors had amazing jaws yet they don't. The only remaining feature of their past is their large cheekbones, but they don't have crazy bones like their ancestors. Why? Its because they had soft diets their whole lives. Chewing DOES increases ramus length and pronunciation and it does move bones. When you train a muscle your body will thicken the bones to accommodate the new muscle mass. This is why arm wrestlers usually have thick wrists and mountain climbers have huge hands. This also leads to the theory of epigenetics: that your face and mostly everything else isn't determined by your genetics but by your environment and thoughts but that's for another thread.

4.) "CHEWING LENGTHENS MIDFACE!" This is somewhat true if you solely chew on your molars your midface will lengthen over a long period of time. Chewing on your other teeth and incisors works to combat it.
ok but wouldn't doing it on other teeth activate the buccinator thus causing more bloat?

If your bite is fucked you should have that corrected before chewing, because sometimes the bite affects how the muscles contract.
ok but wouldn't doing it on other teeth activate the buccinator thus causing more bloat?

The buccinator is already a thin muscle, people who say "DONT USE BUCCINATORS" are coping. Buccinator muscles are used regardless of any chewing you do. If you really want hollow cheeks you need to be low body fat, low collagen and have the right bones.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3635
The buccinator is already a thin muscle, people who say "DONT USE BUCCINATORS" are coping. Buccinator muscles are used regardless of any chewing you do. If you really want hollow cheeks you need to be low body fat, low collagen and have the right bones.
low collagen?

low collagen?

Collagen is what makes the skin looks young. People with low collagen tend to lose cheek fat having low collagen which is why smokers have hollow cheeks if they are at the right body fat, you also lose it when you're older. I knew a guy at 17 with huge cheeks but they were gone when he was in his mid-20s because he lost his collagen.

• +1
Hmm, yeah, good thing you pointed that out. Chewing does cause bloating if you really overdo it in my opinion. Personally, I never received insane bloat, it came when I chewed and then went away.
My jaw was already almost as wide as my zygos so that's likely why I saw bloat quickly.
I was only chewing for ramus growth in the first place so wasn't even wanting masseter hypertrophy.
shame I can't continue for now at least but It still made an improvement on my jaw though, the slight masseter hypertrophy on the right side of my jaw is an improvement and makes me look more dom
The left side is already starting to debloat so I'm still glad I did it.
I'd just advise people to moniter progress closely so they can see how it's affecting their face

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3323
Collagen is what makes the skin looks young. People with low collagen tend to lose cheek fat having low collagen which is why smokers have hollow cheeks if they are at the right body fat, you also lose it when you're older. I knew a guy at 17 with huge cheeks but they were gone when he was in his mid-20s because he lost his collagen.
daamn didn't know that ffs here I am collagen maxxing

I'm a big dumb when it comes to chewing, can you like give me a bit more comprehensive guide on how can I do it without fucking up my face? Make the guide as autistic as possible if :feelstastyman:
You don’t really need a hard guide. Order falim gum from amazon, get 5 pieces, put them in your mouth and chew with up and down motion for an hour or two. Personally I like alternating between the sides every ten minutes.

• +1
Reactions: Patrick Baitman
daamn didn't know that ffs here I am collagen maxxing
Collagen is good though, skin youth is a good sign of health and attractiveness. Unfortunately if you really are serious about hollow cheeks you need less collagen. Some people are born lucky enough that they have high cheekbones and don't need to do anything for hollow cheeks.

• +1
You don’t really need a hard guide. Order falim gum from amazon, get 5 pieces, put them in your mouth and chew with up and down motion for an hour or two. Personally I like alternating between the sides every ten minutes.
What if I already have a slight assymetry due to years of chewing like a retard, how do I fix that?

What if I already have a slight assymetry due to years of chewing like a retard, how do I fix that?
chew evenly and switch the side that you start on each time.
The masseters will even out.
Don't try to correct asymmetry with uneven chewing like I did myself

• +1
Reactions: Patrick Baitman
chew evenly and switch the side that you start on each time.
The masseters will even out.
Don't try to correct asymmetry with uneven chewing like I did myself
Thank you bro :feelsyay:

• +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy
what about open mouth chewing is that worth