Mouth breathing fucks up your genetic potential: answer this poll

Would you be here if you could go back in time and tell your child self to breath through your nose?

• Yup, I breathed correctly but my genetics are just shit

Votes: 9 14.8%
  • Probably, it would make it a little better but it still wouldn't be enough

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • No, I wouldn't. It's so frustrating that I didn't know the consequences of what I was doing

Votes: 28 45.9%
  • Other situation (please specify)

Votes: 6 9.8%

• Total voters
BoundToAscend

BoundToAscend

Banned
It can hinder your growth and cause recessed facial features.

I would be here because I would be a member of incels.is regardless. Even if I had a time machine and could change the course of my youth. Because there are still fights to be fought for the incel.

I only mouthbreathed when I had cold or hay fever. My natural tongue posture is a sort of half arsed mew

• +1
Reactions: samm735, The Dude Abides and SikKunt
Just wait for time machines to be invented

• +1
Reactions: HighIQcel
I still mouthbreath today during sleep (all my life i've done this). I have no idea if something would change if i didn't

I was always a mouth breather when I was a kid due to severe allergies. Despite all this, I magically have a 'strong' jaw line. But I have an underbite and an over protruding/fat chin most likely caused by mouth breathing.

Forgot to add - to the rest of you mouth breathers - why do you mouth breathe? Is your nose always blocked?

As far as I can remember I always nose-breathed yet I still have a recessed chin and Jaw

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Whyamihere, Joyride and Deleted member 1476
mouth breathing is usually caused by deviated septum and even if you nose breathe while you have a tongue tie you are still fucked. Also feeding habits as a baby will fuck you over too from bad oral posture.

• +1
Reactions: Guest and SikKunt
I breathed through my mouth until I was 16, my nose has a small bump but it's probably not the maxilla tbh, it's just the radix that's low, so, probably genetic. My chin is a little recessed but not my jaw I think, it clearly has a horrible impact on my general appearance from the side, but I don't think breathing through my mouth has made me more. I think I stay good from the front, at least, not far from my genetic potential. My father also breathes quite a bit through his mouth, I don't know if he has been doing it since childhood, but he has neither a nose bump nor a recessed chin, he really doesn't seem to have any problems, he has a well-defined jaw, the same for the cheekbones. Only the fact that he also breathes through his mouth sometimes makes me think of a transmitted genetic problem?

Last edited:
I breathed through my mouth until I was 16, my nose has a small bump but it's probably not the maxilla tbh, it's just the radix that's low, so, probably genetic. My chin is a little recessed but not my jaw I think, it clearly has a horrible impact on my general appearance from the side, but I don't think breathing through my mouth has made me more. I think I stay good from the front, at least, not far from my genetic potential. My father also breathes quite a bit through his mouth, I don't know if he has been doing it since childhood, but he has neither a nose bump nor a recessed chin, he really doesn't seem to have any problems, he has a well-defined jaw, the same for the cheekbones. Only the fact that he also breathes through his mouth sometimes makes me think of a transmitted genetic problem?

• +1
Reactions: HighIQcel
No I honestly have decent facial gentics but was a bad mouth breather
I would probably still be here cause of mentalcel though

No I'd be gigachad.

i had asthma and alergies so i mouthbreathed a lot. My midface would be shorter, cheekbones higher, wider jaw, less asymetry. If i would also get blue eyes from my mother i would be a chad.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10987
I think a lot of ppl use it as a Cope these days. If your face legit changed somewhere along the line , measurably , for the worse (I.e you had a class 1 bite then your oral posture was messed up and you developed a class 2 or 3 and now need jaw surgery ) then yeah of course something is wrong , but I don’t think you can blame maladies you’ve had your entire life / before your oral posture got screwed up on it . Certainly a difference between speculating what could have been had your tongue been on your palate vs observing measurable change that coincided with tongue posture change , again most commonly going from a class 1 bite to a 2 or 3 , which you would know since such dentofacial deformities are diagnosed and insurance covers jaw surgery for them .

More plasauble for people that genuinely mouth breathe is sleep apnea ... you should get a sleep study done and if they tell you you’ve got apnea and you’ve had it during development , it means your iq is lower than it would’ve otherwise been (less o2 blood saturation so brain is being deprived of oxygen , read a Johns Hopkins study on it back in the day iirc ) by like 8-10 points on a scale using sd of 15, depending on severity . Could also have stymied vertical growth since you release most of your gh endogenously during REM sleep, which apnea constricts .

Always Nosebreathed , still invisible

If you had good genes(genetic recombination) you won't mouthbreathe in the first place

There is more to it than just mouthbreathing

Never mouth breathed