MSE, but with a twist!

D

Deleted member 10536

Skyrim NPC
Mse is a real thing and it does... Work. But what about another kind of mse? A mandibular skeletal expansion.
There are certainly people with narrow jaws, and procedure, intuitively thinking, could be way less invasive. While at the same time "benefits" much greater than the mse. I suppose there's the danger part to it still.
Thoughts?
Inb4 I'm retarded. T-thanks. Y-y-you t-too.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Acnno, WadlowMaxxing, lutte and 1 other person
MSDO

u can also expand with a removable expander but thats only gonna tip ur teeth

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: randomguy1235, Copium, WadlowMaxxing and 1 other person
MSDO
you need both if you have a normal bite. plus is shit procedure that only enlarges the midmandible.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Toth's thot, Deleted member 6997, WadlowMaxxing and 2 others
u want mse?

• +1
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing
MSDO

Not sure I understand what "tipping" the teeth is.
MSDO
you need both if you have a normal bite. plus is shit procedure that only enlarges the midmandible.
Yeah, I see. I just figured this could be easily done cheaply at home with little tools required. Self performed, even if results are minimal, a few mm could go a long way.
I mean people talk about thumb pulling here.
I see why you'd want to do for both upper and lower jaw though. Personally, I've never noticed before, but my mandible teeths align inside, while maxillas teeth outwards, so I could expand mandible by a few mm and it would only result in making my teeth actually symmetrical. So I think my jaw is too narrow.
Why only mid mandible though? Couldn't you achieve a suture similar to that of mse, but at the chin instead? So split it through the middle.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: sandcelmuttcel, Deleted member 4430, Deleted member 6403 and 1 other person
  • So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing and Deleted member 10536
MSDO

nice edit
Not sure I understand what "tipping" the teeth is.

Yeah, I see. I just figured this could be easily done cheaply at home with little tools required. Self performed, even if results are minimal, a few mm could go a long way.
I mean people talk about thumb pulling here.
I see why you'd want to do for both upper and lower jaw though. Personally, I've never noticed before, but my mandible teeths align inside, while maxillas teeth outwards, so I could expand mandible by a few mm and it would only result in making my teeth actually symmetrical. So I think my jaw is too narrow.
Why only mid mandible though? Couldn't you achieve a suture similar to that of mse, but at the chin instead? So split it through the middle.
because they install it near the chin as you can see here and it has practically no effect on the bigonial wid.
MSDO-surgery-A-bone-separation-B-periosteum-suture.png

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Toth's thot, Deleted member 6997, WadlowMaxxing and 1 other person
nice edit

because they install it into the chin as you can see here and it has practically no effect on the bigonial wid.
MSDO-surgery-A-bone-separation-B-periosteum-suture.png
Yeah, I saw that. But was more so thinking of some sort of device that doesn't necessarily require a surgery. Which would be inserted close to the molar teeths, or would be put on them/around them, and a screw to expand it a little bit. Like braces, which you could remove and insert quickly. Could just do it during the night only. Might give a few mm bigonial width in several months.

• +1
there is no suture to be split there

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6403, WadlowMaxxing and Deleted member 4430
MSDO

Yeah, I see why that'd be the case. Maybe it's just about making the device "correct", in a sense to specifically targeting the fact that teeths could be tipped, as to prevent it. A device that would push on soft tissues also, not the teeths only.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6403
there is no suture to be split there
Yeah, I more so meant braking it completely, but not necessarily. Constant pressure does and would alter the bone, given enough time and pressure.

Yeah, I more so meant braking it completely, but not necessarily. Constant pressure does and would alter the bone, given enough time and pressure.
chin wing nibba
ramus osteotomy? idk what you want

• +1
Yeah, I saw that. But was more so thinking of some sort of device that doesn't necessarily require a surgery. Which would be inserted close to the molar teeths, or would be put on them/around them, and a screw to expand it a little bit. Like braces, which you could remove and insert quickly. Could just do it during the night only. Might give a few mm bigonial width in several months.
impossible

it's msdo or imdo if you have overbite

• +1
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing and Deleted member 10536
impossible

it's msdo or imdo if you have overbite
Well, the point was to widen the jaw, not to fix overbite/underbite. Bigonial width only.

• +1
10536.jpg

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 10536
  • +1
imdo does both
Thing is, I was more so looking into a solution that is not... A surgery and that would not cost a shit ton of money. That was sort of the point of the thread, too. To make a device at home, that you can widen your jaw with little to no expenses/surgery involved.

Thing is, I was more so looking into a solution that is not... A surgery and that would not cost a shit ton of money. That was sort of the point of the thread, too. To make a device at home, that you can widen your jaw with little to no expenses/surgery involved.
You can tip the teeth but you won't widen the bone when there is just solid bone and no midpalatal suture

MSDO is brutal as hell it's the only way to widen the bone

• So Sad