Mse in spain?

P

Paul18

Iron
Does someone knows any orthodontist that does mse in spain?

@Sergio-OMS

• +1
Reactions: stuckneworleans
Lucky bastard. Our forum Maxillofacial Surgeon lives in your country.

• +1
Reactions: SPFromNY914, buflek, Deleted member 6723 and 1 other person
It guess it depends on what you are aiming for and your expectations

• +1
Reactions: SPFromNY914
My maxilla is recessed and I have a narrow palate

MSE will probably fix the narrow palate but you would need to do something else to advance the maxilla.

MSE will probably fix the narrow palate but you would need to do something else to advance the maxilla.
Whats better option for mse+facemask or mse and bimax ? Glad that ur from spain

Whats better option for mse+facemask or mse and bimax ? Glad that ur from spain

it really depends on the case. But not facemask, that’s torture. Use plates for an intraoral protraction instead of a facemask.

• +1
Reactions: SPFromNY914
it really depends on the case. But not facemask, that’s torture. Use plates for an intraoral protraction instead of a facemask.
Are u from madrid? Bc i want to get installed mse to get wider palate and get also wider cheekbones

Are u from madrid? Bc i want to get installed mse to get wider palate and get also wider cheekbones
" Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon · From Madrid, "

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: JizzFarmer and Paul18
if you go on his profile you can see his website

This is separate to MSE or used whilst sulture is split?

what plates? and how would you pull your face?

• +1
Reactions: RichardwillImprove
Yes. Pulling from MSE has some dentoalveolar effect, because the arms that connect the expander and the molarbands are made of soft metal.

Anyway, you can combine them if you wish. Bollards for 24/7 intraoral protraction and facemask to the MSE while at home.

• +1
Reactions: retard, SPFromNY914 and stuckneworleans
Does it takes less time if teeth are straight when applying mse?

Less time for what?
In me case im wearing braces now (getting off 3months) but when i finsih i wnat to install mse so i i was asking if u install mse with already straight teeth it would take less time after the expansion to close the gap

In your case it is starting over again, you will need braces afterwards.

Ask you orthodontist.

In your case it is starting over again, you will need braces afterwards.

Ask you orthodontist.
are you ever coming to germany bruh

In me case im wearing braces now (getting off 3months) but when i finsih i wnat to install mse so i i was asking if u install mse with already straight teeth it would take less time after the expansion to close the gap
Drop the braces. You will need braces after MSE anyways you're wasting money. I made the same mistake I put a 25% down-payment for my Invisalign and ended up cancelling it cause I found out I need it after mse not before

What is the difference and how is it better? Why not use both? You have spoken before about how the advancement is almost entirely dentoalveolar, is there any at all advancement of the upper maxilla to improve the undereyes?

Last edited:
What is the difference and how is it better? Why not use both? You have spoken before about how the advancement is almost entirely dentoalveolar, is there any at all advancement of the upper maxilla to improve the undereyes?

Using both is a good idea.

Yes, undereyes improve a little bit, in my opinion, but maybe 1/4-1/6 of the dentoalveolar effect

• +1
Reactions: spark
What's the difference? Don't you still have to wear a facemask to pull on the plates or what?
Obviously I dont have a clue what I'm talking about, but I dont understand how it works

Last edited:

does this pull the mandible backward?

less than the facemask, as it requires less force to achieve the same effects.

and, more importantly, it produces a CCW effect instead of the CW effect caused by the facemask

but, again, in adults this is homeopathy compared to bimax