MSE + MSDO + FM

@Swolepenisman Hi, how are you ?

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Bitch and Swolepenisman
You mean midface implants?

Yeah thats why i said implantation its the ideal path for non down ward grown people.

Here is the true face of horror.

Screenshot 20201008 143753

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 5912 and Deleted member 5634
without splitting the suture is literally useless for maxillary protraction. it’s still taking me some time even with all my sutures loose. but I have 2+ years to protract because of my ortho’s technique to turn twice and back turn twice the next day
Wait what do u have a thread explaining ur ortho method.

Great job. So if MSDO doesn't really improve the mandible, then would IMDO be the one to choose to go with MSE to get maxilla+mandible gains simultaneously?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5912
How much maxillary protraction is even needed to go from a flat maxilla to ideal maxilla position? I forgot where I got this pic from but iirc it's a 4mm submalar implant result. If you're able to get this much volume increase from 4mm then most people would be able to benefit considerably from MSE + FM. I spoke to the doctor Ronald Ead went to and he said between 3-5mm of protraction is standard in adult patients, and typically these patients only wear the facemasks for 8-10 hours daily for 6-7 months (I don't know what angle he pulls at or how much force he uses, but he was open to using any facemask design and bollard plates). Keep in mind this woman's cheekbones didn't move at all, just the submalar area; MSE + FM would move both.

Attachments

• Figure-37.jpg
    Figure-37.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 46
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
How much maxillary protraction is even needed to go from a flat maxilla to ideal maxilla position? I forgot where I got this pic from but iirc it's a 4mm submalar implant result. If you're able to get this much volume increase from 4mm then most people would be able to benefit considerably from MSE + FM. I spoke to the doctor Ronald Ead went to and he said between 3-5mm of protraction is standard in adult patients, and typically these patients only wear the facemasks for 8-10 hours daily for 6-7 months (I don't know what angle he pulls at or how much force he uses, but he was open to using any facemask design and bollard plates). Keep in mind this woman's cheekbones didn't move at all, just the submalar area; MSE + FM would move both.
How do they wear it for 7 months doesn’t expansion take less also would the whole maxilla move with surgical assist. And doesnt facemask cause downward growth.

• +1
Reactions: MSEinvestigator
How do they wear it for 7 months doesn’t expansion take less also would the whole maxilla move with surgical assist. And doesnt facemask cause downward growth.

Expansion is 3 months but the MSE stays in longer to prevent relapse. He also said he was open to using MSE multiple times. I'm not sure what you mean by surgical assistance; Dr. Sergio did talk about using a lefort 1 cut to achieve more protraction with a facemask but that obviously wouldn't bring anything above the cut forward.

I'm not really sure on the rotation achievable with facepulling. I was under the impression that at least a slight ccw was achievable but people in this thread are saying it's impossible. I know at least one person on this forum claimed to have gotten a nasal tip rotation in the first 4-8 weeks with MSE + facepulling, so that would support that it's possible but he hasn't provided x-rays. MSE itself has been documented to achieve 2-4mm of protraction by itself (Dr. Won Moon study), and protraction is more effective the closer it is to the sutures being loosened, so it seems possible that he was telling the truth. The doctor did tell me that he would check to see if my midface needs to be shortened when I see him. I didn't ask him to expand on it since I had a billion questions but I guess I'll see what he says when I see him.

Facepulling has been documented to cause downward growth at a certain pull angle. I think it was -30 degrees, but in the Dr. Won Moon simulations -15 degrees somehow pulls it upwards? My understanding of this is very shaky.

Last edited:
Also with everyone talking about MSDO and IMDO, I want to provide this video:

The mandible was expanded dramatically in every direction and imo is very aesthetic. I have a few facial deformities from narrow palate (recessed and narrow jaw, recessed midface, etc) so I consulted with this doctor also. He wasn't fazed at all when I told him I want this procedure + MSE + FM + other major surgery. I asked if he could use a picture of my mom (she has extremely aesthetic jaw and it looks like mine but properly developed lol) to achieve a similar appearance and he said yes. I need 15+ mm of bigonial width and I have a recessed chin so I was pretty happy with everything he said.

A few years ago I saw an orthodontist who referred me to a jaw surgeon for my recessed chin. This was before I knew more about proper facial development so I assumed I just had a recessed chin. Both of these doctors didn't mention anything about a recessed midface, narrow palate, etc., despite me mentioning I wanted a wider smile and how I thought it was weird that my submalar region lacked volume, and instead recommended I get a sliding genioplasty and braces to correct a slight open bite (lol). Anyway, I followed their advice so now I have 2 plates on my mandible. This doctor told me that these plates are not a problem and he can remove them before the procedure.

Ima be mad as fuck if this post garners enough people bothering him for surgery that he increases the price before he operates on me, but he said he takes on these complicated cases for $5k, and tooth implants are also inexpensive but he did say something about mandibular lateral incisors not being possible to implant with this procedure. Not sure what other teeth wouldn't be possible but anything on the top arch is possible to implant simultaneously.

@Chintuck22 bro can you let pm you or can u pm me first, cuz I have some questions, for some reason it's not letting me pm u

• Woah
Reactions: Chintuck22
@Chintuck22 bro can you let pm you or can u pm me first, cuz I have some questions, for some reason it's not letting me pm u
You can ask it here bro, if it's about rating, i think i cannot do rating because it's subjective to the most people here and you might not like the feedback

• +1
Reactions: Bitch
alrighty then here goes

1. Is there a way to reduce how much the nostrils expand during MSE treatment, like I want to get the nasal airway changes but I don't want wide ass nostrils and wider nasal alars.

2. How can one fix a overjet/proclined alveolar bone?

3. How much forward growth do you think one can get if they're 14 with the fm hooked with the MSE

4. What effect does chewing+MSE with sutures loosened have?

5. Can MSE widen the orbitals?

6. How can I get a bigger browridge/more projecting supraorbitals w/o surgery

7. How can i improve infraorbitals without fillers/implants

8. How can I get my mandible to project more to allow chin projection?

9. How can I get a bigger alveolar bone- I have crowding on my lower mandibular arch?

10. How can I get more saggital projection of my zygos and whats your stance on bonesmashing?

@Chintuck22

Sorry for the long ass post and plethora of questions

• +1
alrighty then here goes

1. Is there a way to reduce how much the nostrils expand during MSE treatment, like I want to get the nasal airway changes but I don't want wide ass nostrils and wider nasal alars.

2. How can one fix a overjet/proclined alveolar bone?

3. How much forward growth do you think one can get if they're 14 with the fm hooked with the MSE

4. What effect does chewing+MSE with sutures loosened have?

5. Can MSE widen the orbitals?

6. How can I get a bigger browridge/more projecting supraorbitals w/o surgery

7. How can i improve infraorbitals without fillers/implants

8. How can I get my mandible to project more to allow chin projection?

9. How can I get a bigger alveolar bone- I have crowding on my lower mandibular arch?

10. How can I get more saggital projection of my zygos and whats your stance on bonesmashing?

@Chintuck22
1. Only if you get horizontal cut, but MSE change to nostrils would be insignificant anyways

2. Overjet if not severe can be corrected with invisalign, otherwise it's treated with braces

3. I don't know for sure as we don't have people who wear the mask for too long, it also depends on the time × force induced in the process. You can calculate that in the thread, maybe you would also need BSSO for jaw because facepulling will likely leave you with overbite, the jaw don't follow the madible unfortunately, and MSE won't make any difference

4. It could enchance the effect of chewing even significantly (lower ramus, more lateral projection..)

5. SMARPE could widen the IPD in combination with chewing, but there is no way to other way get more pfl

6. I have heard here that chewing is also involved in the affection of browridge, so you should try your best

7. Maybe fat grafting or infraorbital rim implants. Unfortunately there isn't much you can do about your undereye area, not even facepulling is gonna help as the facepulling is advancing only lower maxilla (lefort 1 area)

8. There is surgical way, bsso, saggital split osteotomy, and genioplasty for the chin, and as for the jaw aesthetics, you can do buccal fat removal to increase the prominence of your hollow cheeks and you can do wraparound implants aswell

9. Usually it's corrected with braces, but if you want, you can get MSDO for the lower jaw

10. Maybe bonesmashing would help but you have to be extremely patient to not induce facial assymetry, bonesmashing is a long process and i would rather save money and get myself some implants than doing bonesmashing on face, it's just my oppinion of course

There you go bro, all questions answered
👍

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: meryou, Bitch, Pietrosiek and 1 other person
mirin ur effort

• +1
Only if you get horizontal cut, but MSE change to nostrils would be insignificant anyways
What's a horizontal cut?
Overjet if not severe can be corrected with invisalign, otherwise it's treated with braces
What's classifies/differentiates a severe overjet from a regular overjet?

I dont know much about this but what about the huge tooth gaps? They dont look healthy at all

it's easy to praise the facepuller if you have never tried it. One who facepulls with Sandra Kahn's BOW and @nelson 's mouth appliance must deal with:
  • terrible pain in the frontal area of the palate
  • stunted movements, all daily activities like using a computer become hard
  • liters of saliva flowing out of one's mouth, causing dryness in the lips
  • annoying pressure on the forehead
It's humanely impossbile to wear this 15 hours a day for two years.
All this sufference would lead to 2 millimiters of forward growth if you are very lucky.

it's 100 times better to invest your times in a bimax surgery + genioplasty

View attachment 726724

the facepull appliance I used from March to April during the lockdown

View attachment 726726
Dude how did u make that