muh muh muh implants

@KEy21 did you see the photos I posted of the other patient's facial implant designs? Do you think the same sort of paranasal implant design would benefit me? I just don't understand why he totally avoided augmenting that area, considering how shitty my maxilla is
Because he’s not gonna do something you don’t ask for bro

Of course, but shouldn't he be able to look at my photos and recognize that I have a recessed maxilla?

BTW, I was actually in touch with the patient those scans were made for via email (that's how I got her scans in the first place), and she said that she let Dr. Y use his own judgment entirely when designing her implants. That's why I figure that it would've occurred to him to augment that area without me having to ask. In other words, he recognized the issue of maxillary recession in her, so why wouldn't he recognize the same issue with me? DAMMIT

holy fuck at the distance distortion in that one picture. These pictures are useless. Would eliminate from consideration any doctor that would use these pictures.

Holy shit, I just looked at the skull CT scan images again. Not only is my maxilla recessed, but my mandible is so steep it's obvious I am the victim of severe downward growth and the consequences of wearing braces with rubber bands for three years. I think that it's clear that any other surgeries (even eye area surgery with Taban) would be cope and a mistake to get before double jaw surgery.

Holy shit, I just looked at the skull CT scan images again. Not only is my maxilla recessed, but my mandible is so steep it's obvious I am the victim of severe downward growth and the consequences of wearing braces with rubber bands for three years. I think that it's clear that any other surgeries (even eye area surgery with Taban) would be cope and a mistake to get before double jaw surgery.
Double jaw is not an "easy" surgery. You will have to quit work for 2-3 months, and most people also need 2 months before they can chew food again.

Double jaw is not an "easy" surgery. You will have to quit work for 2-3 months, and most people also need 2 months before they can chew food again.

They also have to wire your mouth shut, right?

I'm definitely not looking forward to it, but I realize that I'll never be truly good-looking unless I can correct my flat/recessed maxilla, so I'm willing to accept the short-term consequences for the long-term benefits of being able to spend the rest of my 30s being legitimately attractive for the first time in my life.

I look very good now with implants - Although I had an ideal base (North Atlantid, good skin, young etc)

But also got tissue work done + fillers...So it's hard to say what was superior...

I think the tissue work was more impactful...Really what u want is osteotomies if u have any indication of slightly measurable occlusion, which in itself should be a prescription for maxillary impaction.

Obviously..it's speaking to a wall - Because you haven't seen any real results if you haven't paid for consultations...But you are correct in the sense that base is everything, and you need the soft tissue work and forward growth first, before adding any mass and contouring.
What do u exactly mean by "tissue work"?

why would you need to quit work for 2-3 months? tf lol

why would you need to quit work for 2-3 months? tf lol
you literally will not be able to eat solid food for 6 weeks. Liquid only. I lost 25 lbs because of this during my recovery. Also, you will be on powerful painkillers for about 4 weeks if I remember correctly. Unable to operate a vehicle or perform work related tasks. You will be so incredibly fucking swollen you will not want to be seen in public for the first couple months. My swelling took almost a full year to dissipate.

yes I had double jaw surgery in 2012

• +1
Reactions: I'mme
Wrong.

Chin implants, when done correctly, are life-changing.