My chances of balding

extreme-overthinker

extreme-overthinker

                                                  
Hello high IQcels.
Tbh, haven't taken genetics since 3 years ago in school and so I've forgotten about polygenic inheritance - not gonna lie (ngl)
Can someone make a reasonable guess as to how likely I am to go bald?

Father: Bald Norwood 250
Maternal uncles: all have thick hair and nice hairlines despite age
Paternal uncles: all have thick hair and nice hairlines despite age

Grandparents: No balding

Also
I am 17 almost 18, display no signs of balding. Really nice hair tbh. Got strong hair game. Tinychat copers can confirm

Really don't want to go bald because then it really will be O-V-E-R. Hair is literally all I have, it's my halo.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Future Arablite
I am very lucky at guessing and I have bad news for you.
sorry :feelscry:

Tony press F to pay respects to my hairline

• +1
Reactions: Tony
Hello high IQcels.
Tbh, haven't taken genetics since 3 years ago in school and so I've forgotten about polygenic inheritance - not gonna lie (ngl)

Father: Bald

Also
I am 17 almost 18, display no signs of balding. Really nice hair tbh. Got strong hair game. Tinychat copers can confirm

Really don't want to go bald because then it really will be O-V-E-R. Hair is literally all I have, it's my halo.

Before providing my analysis, what age did your father go bald ?, I think i can do a good prediction based on my knowledge on the subject

Before providing my analysis, what age did your father go bald ?, I think i can do a good prediction based on my knowledge on the subject
I believe it was in his late 20s and early 30s

1.) any older brothers? take a good look at them if so
2.) balding comes mostly from your mother's side, so it should be slim. that doesn't mean you won't become bald your dad is after all. life may just cuck you

2.) balding comes mostly from your mother's side, so it should be slim. that doesn't mean you won't become bald your dad is after all. life may just cuck you
That's what I am afraid of. Everyone has nice hair genetics except for him, imagine becoming a baldcel because of your father only, JFL, cruel world.

It does not come mostly from the maternal side, thats a myth.

No brothers

Highly doubt you have bald genes. Who knows though, sometimes life's a bitch.

Highly doubt you have bald genes. Who knows though, sometimes life's a bitch.
If I haven't start balding by early 20s can i safely assume i'm safe?

Good for you.

mid 20s, then you can assume you're safe. the baldpill hits all of us at some point
okay, should I take ur word for it or did u base this of a study / journal

Good that you don't have balding to worry about in your future...
That's not how it works, bald father means I am still at risk, I want to know how big of a risk it is though

That's not how it works, bald father means I am still at risk, I want to know how big of a risk it is though
oh I didn't read your entire post, just the part where you said you aren't displaying any signs of balding.

You might go bald if your dad is bald idk.

oh I didn't read your entire post, just the part where you said you aren't displaying any signs of balding.

You might go bald if your dad is bald idk.
Since i already got fucked over with wrist I guess nature will also fuck me over with balding

Hello high IQcels.

Also

My analysis:
I would start off by saying that the fact that your father is bald, speaking from a genetical standpoint puts you in a tough spot. This fact alone pretty much means a 50/60 percent risk, whilst the other familial, genetical components such as both of your maternal and paternal uncles, along with your grandparents having maintained their hair means a 40/50 percent chance that you will maintain your hair. Though i have to admit that pattern you have described is quite rare.

Are you sure your father did not experience baldness that was caused by Alopecia Areata, for example ?

My maternal grandfather was fully bald since age 15, according to my mother, whilst all his brothers had full thick head of hairs. His children (my maternal uncles) all maintained norwood 1 hairline and hair quality, despite the fact that they're father became bald at 15.

I actually asked my father 10 mins ago if my grandfather had hair, and he showed me a pic of him that i supposedly saw when i was like 5 or something (never seen him since he passed away like 20 years before i was born) and his hairline was identical to my fathers (Norwood 1). The majority of my paternal uncles have hair, except for two that balded. My older brother still has the same hairline he's always had despite being in his mid-20s.

So in conclusion, it could be that the form of balding your family has in their genes gets expressed over different generations. You should still brace yourself for the worst.

It's hard to tell right now, if you maintain your hair by 30 then it is highly likely that you will maintain it well into your 60s.

I will be so fuarked if i miraculously lose my hair it will be unbelievably brutal and over ngl
If I haven't start balding by early 20s can i safely assume i'm safe?

I would say that you can assume safety if you pass the age your father balded at and still having maintained your hair, which in your case would be 30.

Last edited:
Are you sure your father did not experience baldness that was caused by Alopecia Areata, for example ?
No

Though i have to admit that pattern you have described is quite rare.
I don't understand it either

If I lose my hair I will be plunged into depression for sure, without hair I look like humpty dumpty (the egg cartoon)

LOL @ nature.
It's unbelievable how everyone I know has good hairlines (in fact very good hair genes) except for father.
Thanks for analysis

Im 17 to and my hairline has allready started receeding :feelsokman:

• +1
Reactions: HorseFace
at worst u can come to turkey to get a hair transplant like every arab does i guess

at worst u can come to turkey to get a hair transplant like every arab does i guess

The thing with those are that they look complete shit and fake, UNLESS you are a norwood 2-2.5. The successful results are usually based on people that had good donor hair quality whilst never having too much recession in the first place. If you norwood into 3 or beyond than they look like trash and aren't worth it in the closest. By that point shaving bald would be much better.

Keep in mind that what they are basically doing is replacing the hairs from the back of the head to the frontal area, it's not like it will reduce or eliminate future baldness.

Finasteride plus Minoxidil would be much better options.

The thing with those are that they look complete shit and fake, UNLESS you are a norwood 2-2.5. The successful results are usually based on people that had good donor hair quality whilst never having too much recession in the first place. If you norwood into 3 or beyond than they look like trash and aren't worth it in the closest. By that point shaving bald would be much better.

Keep in mind that what they are basically doing is replacing the hairs from the back of the head to the frontal area, it's not like it will reduce or eliminate future baldness.

Finasteride plus Minoxidil would be much better options.
side effects are not very good as far as i know

side effects are not very good as far as i know

They are way over-exaggerated. Not denying that a very small percentage may experience severe symptoms, but so could you or whoever with surgery. Surgery carries with it even larger risks.

Unlikely abdo, still have some money saved up for a hair transplant anyway.

High chance.

Low chance, since males inherit hair genetics from their mothers side

Hello high IQcels.

Also

no you wont bald, guys who bald tend to have a family where most guys are bald, you have strong thick hair, i d oubt you're going bald anytime soon.

Low but start saving money for a hair transplant jic. Bald arab is rope material