My ferocious appetite is the reason why I turned to lifting instead of dieting. lol

alien

alien

Kraken
I had 6 oz of instant ramen noodles (760 calories) in one sitting around 10-11pm. Then I got hungry again 3am and had another 3 oz pack (380 calories).
When Mr. Noodles instant ramen was on sale for 25c CAD a pack (3 oz), I stockpiled 35 packs. I'm down to like 14 now. Apparently ramen is even cheaper in the US than it is here in Canada. The regular price for brand name instant ramen is $0.47 CAD per 3 oz here. But if you get the generic no-name brand it's $0.33 CAD per 3 oz (sometimes the brand name stuff is on sale for 33 or 25 cents).
For something so cheap, instant ramen noodles are incredibly tasty and convenient to prepare.
But the downside is that this shit is full of sodium (half the daily sodium intake per 3 oz pack) and very calorie-dense.
I need to switch to less calorie dense food. Even if that means I have to spend way more money. I'm lazy and prepare a lot of convenience foods that I can put in the microwave, toaster oven. Instant ramen is very easy to make since you just need to boil some water and pour it over the noodles and let the noodles cook in the already boiled water. You can listen/watch someone on YouTube while you wait. You don't even have to stovetop this shit.

You're not going to see results by eating ramen noodles. Eat lean protein and begin taking whey protien.
You don't eat that much, I eat 3,000+ calories a day consisting of nothing but meat and veggies/fruit.

Honestly I don't find there's a massive difference in hunger between eating loads and eating at a large deficit.

Don't get me wrong, I like to eat loads (it's how I ended up high bodyfat the first time around), but because of insulin spikes you never really get satiated unless you absolutely stuff yourself until it hurts, IME.

When you're on a big diet, you're hungry yeah, but your body also adapts. There's not many insulin spikes because you're eating far less. It's a different sort of feeling, but the reason eating more is better than eating less is more because of the actual taste of the food IME, rather than ever 'feeling full' per-se.

at least add an egg to your ramen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back