My skincare guide

F

Futility

Iron
Hi guys, after lurking here for a year or so, I decided to make my first post:

My skincare guide @ 17 years old (turning 18 soon)

Every day in the morning and evening (before sleeping):
Face Wash,
Skin-toner,
Moisturiser,

In the evening (before sleeping):
10%benzoyl hydroperoxide, apply this on acne-infected skin. (after moisturising)

Twice a week,
Use charcoal exfoliating face scrub in the morning, (after cleansing and between toning), Also shave after using face scrub to prevent redness and irritation ater shaving.

once every 3 weeks:
Dermaroll 0,5mm to combat acne scars and to improve collagen. Be sure to disinfect the dermaroller before you use it and do not roll on active acne, to prevent the acne from spreading.

I would appreciate it if you could give me hints on how to improve my skincare routine.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2933, Deleted member 2788 and Ghostcel
If you have acne I would honestly just say drop the charcoal scrub, skin toner, and derma roller, and trade it all for some retin-a

If you have acne I would honestly just say drop the charcoal scrub, skin toner, and derma roller, and trade it all for some retin-a

I have like one or 2 active acne warts every week, with nearly all of them being "killed" by the benzoyl, Is it really worth to lose the collagen and bone strenght (see side- effects for retin-a) for that?

I have like one or 2 active acne warts every week, with nearly all of them being "killed" by the benzoyl, Is it really worth to lose the collagen and bone strenght (see side- effects for retin-a) for that?
idk where the fuck you heard about retin a causing reductions in collagen or bone strength lmao but yes, drop everything but the cleanser, benzoyl and moisturizer, add retin-a

idk where the fuck you heard about retin a causing reductions in collagen or bone strength lmao but yes, drop everything but the cleanser, benzoyl and moisturizer, add retin-a
I hate to ask, but why not combine retinol-a and dermarolling, exfoliating scrub e.t.c?

The osteoperosis side effect is from wikipedia btw

The osteoperosis side effect is from wikipedia btw
I can't find anything on wikipedia about that, go ahead and link me it if I missed it.
I hate to ask, but why not combine retinol-a and dermarolling, exfoliating scrub e.t.c?
You don't combine them because Retin-A is such a strong chemical exfoliator you'll be over exfoliating and over stimulating skin to the point of being raw, use retin-a for two days and you won't even want to touch your face.

If u have acne don’t use a scrub at all and add tretinoin

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1464
If u have acne don’t use a scrub at all and add tretinoin
I avoid Acne areas when scrubbing, and I have added tretinoin to my routine,
Results after using this routine for the past 4 weeks are:

- Active acne reduced by at least 50%.
- The texture of my skin has improved drastically.
- My facial lines have nearly disappeared completely.
- My skin looks "tighter" and more elastic.

The only problem I still need to solve is how to get rid of minor acne scars (I am already dermarolling). Does someone have something for that?

Last edited:
Hi guys, after lurking here for a year or so, I decided to make my first post:

My skincare guide @ 17 years old (turning 18 soon)

Every day in the morning and evening (before sleeping):
Face Wash,
Skin-toner,
Moisturiser,

In the evening (before sleeping):
10%benzoyl hydroperoxide, apply this on acne-infected skin. (after moisturising)

Twice a week,
Use charcoal exfoliating face scrub in the morning, (after cleansing and between toning), Also shave after using face scrub to prevent redness and irritation ater shaving.

once every 3 weeks:
Dermaroll 0,5mm to combat acne scars and to improve collagen. Be sure to disinfect the dermaroller before you use it and do not roll on active acne, to prevent the acne from spreading.

I would appreciate it if you could give me hints on how to improve my skincare routine.
good first post op

• +1
Reactions: Futility