My surgery with Defrancq: Custom PEEK Jaw/chin wrap + Special Genioplasty

OK, i gotcha,

A few more things. If i understood you found several guys who you want to look like, and tried to customize their jaws to your own and built it from there? Did you choose guys that resembled you or just handsome guys? Mind sharing the guy you chose?
And by playing with all the things like jaw length etc, how did you know when was it natural etc?

Why not trust Y? You say you like things to be personalized but i assume Y have much more experience than you.

Also you did not answer 2 questions.
Was it natural?
Why not go with E?

I will soon go the same route probably with E. Any main tips? i do not know if i will go to the lengths you went to customize the result.. But i still want a good result

Thanks for sharing your story. Any reason you prefer PEEK to silicon? PEEK is a very inflexible material, so I imagine the incisions must have been fairly large to insert the whole wraparound implant. I believe the risk of infection is the same.
OK, i gotcha,

A few more things. If i understood you found several guys who you want to look like, and tried to customize their jaws to your own and built it from there? Did you choose guys that resembled you or just handsome guys? Mind sharing the guy you chose?
And by playing with all the things like jaw length etc, how did you know when was it natural etc?

Why not trust Y? You say you like things to be personalized but i assume Y have much more experience than you.

Also you did not answer 2 questions.
Was it natural?
Why not go with E?

I will soon go the same route probably with E. Any main tips? i do not know if i will go to the lengths you went to customize the result.. But i still want a good result

Are you also getting a jaw implant? I had a custom midface implant done with Dr. Eppley a few years ago and had a good result.

I would say the main thing is to get to know your own face and skull (from the CT scan) very well, and think about what relationships in your face you want to preserve and what you want to change. Even then, it's hard to predict what you will look like from just looking at the implant design. If you want to be extra careful it might be worth getting fillers first to try out the look. In fact, if you get Radiesse, it'll show up on the CT scan and you can just design the implant to match it.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: AllBrainsNeedednow, Adrenochrome and kota
It saddens me to say this but things are NOT okay here ... it looks like I’ve an infection

The next issue is how Defrancq will handle this. So far he’s acted very strange and dismissive about even considering an infection but I’ve been spitting blood 6 days post op and today, the fluid changed from red to yellow/orange .... I’m devastated guys.

SO much invested in this fucking game of looksmaxing and this is what I get?! Be VERY careful what you decide to do.

I’ll update when I know exactly how things will move forward.

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: valhalar, GordonFreeman, Slayerino and 10 others
It saddens me to say this but things are NOT okay here ... it looks like I’ve an infection

The next issue is how Defrancq will handle this. So far he’s acted very strange and dismissive about even considering an infection but I’ve been spitting blood 6 days post op and today, the fluid changed from red to yellow/orange .... I’m devastated guys.

SO much invested in this fucking game of looksmaxing and this is what I get?! Be VERY careful what you decide to do.

Damn OP bless up. If there’s an infection how likely is it your implants will need to be removed?

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer, CopingCel and Adrenochrome
Damn OP bless up. If there’s an infection how likely is it your implants will need to be removed?
Thanks man but I think very likely. 13k euro fking gone and months of healing ahead ) :

would need a fking miracle man

• +1
Reactions: Golden Glass
Thanks man but I think very likely. 13k euro fking gone and months of healing ahead ) :

would need a fking miracle man
You still going to try to get implants again if they need to be removed?

• So Sad
Reactions: Adrenochrome
  • +1

praying for you bro, hopefully things go alright

• Love it
@Adrenochrome apparently Defrancq believes infections with PEEK can be treated easily
E7FFB074 B5BE 482D B20A 7AF483E1D8BC

• +1
Reactions: I'mme, CopingCel and Adrenochrome
praying for you bro, hopefully things go alright
Thank you brother, means a lot.
@Adrenochrome apparently Defrancq believes infections with PEEK can be treated easily
View attachment 235889

I think you’re my bro on JSF.... for sure this one of our convos.

Thanks for the reminder.... words are nice but you know I’ve been through it once already so I’m not too positive about the chance of success in beating it .... we’ll see man (Defrancq is supposed to exam me this morning). He better have a very good fucking plan!

• +1
Reactions: Barbarossa_, CopingCel and kota

Sorry to hear that, I really hope things work out for you. Let us know how things go with the exam.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Gaia262, CopingCel and Adrenochrome
hope everything works out for you man

• Love it

Get on as aggressive a course of antibiotics as possible for this indication with double anaerobic coverage, preferably clindamycin 300mg q6h plus metronidazole 500mg 3x/d. (and if possible also minocycline injected directly into the area in question, but may not be available)

Do this plus frequent hot compresses and you'll at least have a shot at resolving an infection without removal

Do not let them just put you on something like cephalexin, amoxicillin, augmentin, or penVK

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Wallenberg, Deleted member 3990, CristianT and 1 other person
Sorry to hear about your infection; hopefully he's able to resolve it without removing the implants. TBH that's my biggest concern in regards to going back to Dr. Y to get the rest of my wraparound jaw implant put in and have my midface implants revised.
Get on as aggressive a course of antibiotics as possible for this indication with double anaerobic coverage, preferably clindamycin 300mg q6h plus metronidazole 500mg 3x/d. (and if possible also minocycline injected directly into the area in question, but may not be available)

Do this plus frequent hot compresses and you'll at least have a shot at resolving an infection without removal

Do not let them just put you on something like cephalexin, amoxicillin, augmentin, or penVK

High IQ post. Do you have a healthcare background?

• +1
Reactions: CopingCel and Adrenochrome

Thank you very much for this brother. Will ask about what you mentioned (I’m already on AmoX either 650 or 850)

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4054

God, this is the brutal reality of looksmaxing. I'm so scared now.. Hope everything will work out well for you bro :( Hang in there and keep us updated.... Just think at the good things will come in future after the surgery, YOU WILL BE FINE!

I'm also so curious how Defrancq will handle this... Here we can see if he is a serious doctor or not :)

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Kade and Adrenochrome
Thank you very much for this brother. Will ask about what you mentioned (I’m already on AmoX either 650 or 850)

Oral surgeons like amoxicillin cuz it's broad spectrum, is decent against strep and has a good side effect profile, but it's ineffective against anaerobes and ineffective against staph. You need to get switched up asap
High IQ post. Do you have a healthcare background?

Yeah my entire family is in healthcare in one form or another

• +1
Reactions: CopingCel and Adrenochrome
Yeah my entire family is in healthcare in one form or another

I'm guessing either internal medicine doc/resident or clinical pharmacist w/ID specialization?

• +1
I'm guessing either internal medicine doc/resident or clinical pharmacist w/ID specialization?

Those are good guesses, if I had to do it all over I'd go to med school work my ass off for a decade and be an orthopedic surgeon or something, and I literally ALMOST went the PharmD route with the intent of being a clinical pharmacist after my bio undergrad.

Those are good guesses, if I had to do it all over I'd go to med school work my ass off for a decade and be an orthopedic surgeon or something, and I literally ALMOST went the PharmD route with the intent of being a clinical pharmacist after my bio undergrad.

LOL I actually just sent you a PM

Reading this infuriates me.

When my silicone chin implant got infected, my dumbass for a fucking surgeon just had me stay on cephalexin, over and over again. I think it was maybe 5 cycles over all he had me take this before he finally realised it wasn't working.

What's wrong with these surgeons, man.

• +1
Reactions: Adrenochrome and Deleted member 4054
Feeling better man? @Adrenochrome

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Adrenochrome and 6ft8InTheNetherlands
Congrats bro, hopefully this time you can avoid infection!

What is your opinion about silicone in cheek?is it less risky than jaw?can you sleep on the side with silicone cheek implant?are you recommend custom silicone implant in cheek/zygo area?

And are you also posting in jawsurgeryforum?i think i read your thread there and also your friend who got chin wing with dr brusco.

Silicone is shit

• +1
Reactions: anti caking agents and 6ft8InTheNetherlands
Why was zarrinbal a waste of time? Because he doesn't do implants or because his advice was shitty in general?

Nevermind

Last edited:
  • +1

When my silicone chin implant got infected, my dumbass for a fucking surgeon just had me stay on cephalexin, over and over again. I think it was maybe 5 cycles over all he had me take this before he finally realised it wasn't working.

SAME ... EXACT.... scenario with my previous silicone implant: 2 1/2 months on an antibiotic cocktail (honestly, that was ridiculously low IQ) as if he didn’t know it was absolutely futile with silicone.The infection simply shifted to different sides of my jaw each time.
Feeling better man? @Adrenochrome

As a human being, I love you bro!

• +1
Reactions: CristianT
PREFACE TO THE UPDATE: Firstly, I want to give a shout out to my brothers, mis compañeros de cultura estetica. These gentleman live the life I live (or are on track to) and have faced the same, if not similar challenges in the LMS game.

BfromUK
@Brandon10
Humanix

I’m starting a new movement: LMS Cartel and the above are my sicarios 💯💯💯 Others who I think are cool human beings in the aesthetic scene and consider part of this LMS Cartel

@MogTheMogger - beautiful soul
@AlexChase89 - beautiful soul
@diggbicc - beautiful soul
@Golden Glass - Researcher
@Dr Shekelberg - SHARP perception, impressive
@Sal123 - did it and lives it 💯
@Linoob
@CopingCel - mad respect4posting up here
@CristianT - beautiful soul
@6ft8InTheNetherlands
@highT
@kota
@Casadonis

Time to get fucking real here and keep it absolutely 💯💀 There are no cliff notes and lovely photos for those of you too low IQ to read thru and glean the knowledge of my personal experience which could help to guide, shape, outline and perhaps avoid; complication for your future aesthetic endeavors (I hope everyone makes it!) -if you’re seeking cliffs, then dip -adios maricas

You guys want to looksmax, that’s always commendable but there’s too much bullshit talk about, “looks or death” (yes it’s a maxim and yes, I agree with it) but NOBODY and I mean fucking ZERO people are talking about the reality of these procedures (risks and consequences of hardmaxes).

Hardmaxes are “hard” and classified as such because they are the most invasive of the looksmaxing procedures 🔪💀🔪🩸i.e. the most reward for the most risk! (Infection, botched jobs, the endless road to revision, death leading to eternal reincarnation of sub-humanity etc... etc...). All of which encompass a massive amount of dedication in time, money and healing of the body (not only physically speaking but also emotionally as a result of the former trauma as per the outcome; sometimes even if positive!).

It’s a game but metaphorically speaking, no one is fucking playing. Those of us whom invest our resources into this sport are cold and calculating down to the last detail. Even so... NOTHING is guaranteed for being as, if not more, meticulous and methodical than Dommer disposing of bodies.

Perhaps this is more of a documentary style auto biography, into the life of looksmaxxer.

Time to give you a look into the raw and uncut ....the realness ... the hardcore... LITERALLY... blood, sweat and tears my brothers ...FUCK ... THIS JOURNEY IS NO JOKE!

Heads up for my upcoming post:
(NSFW photos - gore??? I wouldn’t say so but some might) 🩸💀🩸

Defrancq saw me this evening and I’ll update you guys on everything tomorrow with accompanying photos (not of my face but as a narrative to my experience).

Copyright © 2020 - All rights reserved; nothing may be done with my written accounts without my explicit permission.

I reference the above copyright for all of you non-looksmaxing hijueputas (normies, blue pill, under covers, agencies, journalists, “journalists” lol you know who you are etc...) To me... you’re nothing but SCUM looking to exploit looksmaxxers for personal and or financial gain -¡Malparido, tú eres todo gonorrea!

One last note: I’m strictly of the Aesthetic Movement. Do not confuse me or this movement, with that of, “Incels”. I’ve nothing against our fellow human beings of this mindset but it does not concern me (no involvement).

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: amsterdammer, Sal, Dude420 and 16 others
oh fuck this does not sound good at all, i hope it's ok lad

• +1
Your jaw after silicone implants

pipe-corrosion.png

I don't think that's really any reason not to get an implant. And it doesn't make a difference what the material is.

Resorption is usually only an issue for the chin, and is usually minimal (<2 mm)

Gox 6 e1850 g001

• +1
Reactions: anti caking agents
I don't think that's really any reason not to get an implant. And it doesn't make a difference what the material is.

Resorption is usually only an issue for the chin, and is usually minimal (<2 mm)

View attachment 236726

don't tell me, I was just laughing at how he said corrosion instead of errosion though I truly believe he may actually believe bones get actual corrosion from implants.
PREFACE TO THE UPDATE: Firstly, I want to give a shout out to my brothers, mis compañeros de cultura estetica. These gentleman live the life I live (or are on track to) and have faced the same, if not similar challenges in the LMS game.

BfromUK
@Brandon10
Humanix

I’m starting a new movement: LMS Cartel and the above are my sicarios 💯💯💯 Others who I think are cool human beings in the aesthetic scene and consider part of this LMS Cartel

@Linoob
@CristianT
@6ft8InTheNetherlands
@highT
@kota
@Casadonis

Time to get fucking real here and keep it absolutely 💯💀 There are no cliff notes and lovely photos for those of you too low IQ to read thru and glean the knowledge of my personal experience which could help to guide, shape, outline and perhaps avoid; complication for your future aesthetic endeavors (I hope everyone makes it!) -if you’re seeking cliffs, than dip -adios maricas

You guys want to looksmax, that’s always commendable but there’s too much bullshit talk about, “looks or death” (yes it’s a maxim and yes, I agree with it) but NOBODY and I mean fucking ZERO people are talking about the reality of these procedures (risks and consequences of hardmaxes).

Hardmaxes are “hard” and classified as such because they are the most invasive of the looksmaxing procedures 🔪💀🔪🩸i.e. the most reward for the most risk! (Infection, botched jobs, the endless road to revision, death leading to eternal reincarnation of subhuman etc... etc...). All of which encompass a massive amount of dedication in time, money and healing of the body (not only physically speaking but also emotionally as a result of the former trauma as per the outcome; sometimes even if positive!).

It’s a game but metaphorically speaking, no one is fucking playing. Those of us whom invest our resources into this sport are cold and calculating down to the last detail. Even so... NOTHING is guaranteed for being as, if not more, meticulous and methodical than Dommer disposing of bodies.

Perhaps this is more of a documentary style auto biography, into the life of looksmaxxer.

Time to give you a look into the raw and uncut ....the realness ... the hardcore... LITERALLY... blood, sweat and tears my brothers ...FUCK ... THIS JOURNEY IS NO JOKE!

Defrancq saw me this evening and I’ll update you guys on everything tomorrow with accompanying photos (not of my face but as a narrative to my experience).

Copyright © 2020 - All rights reserved; nothing may be done with my written accounts without my explicit permission.

I reference the above copyright for all of you non-looksmaxing maricas (normies, blue pill, under covers, agencies, journalists, “journalists” lol you know who you are etc...) To me... you’re nothing but SCUM looking to exploit looksmaxxers for personal and or financial gain -¡Malparido, tú eres todo gonorrea!

One last note: I’m strictly of the Aesthetic Movement. Do not confuse me or this movement, with that of, “Incels”. I’ve nothing against our fellow human beings of this mindset but it does not concern me (no involvement).

Ngl felt kinda anxious reading that, it felt like I was the one who had the surgery. I really hope everything turned out well for you man!

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: CristianT, Kade and Adrenochrome
Can confirm that this is known across another authoritative forum too and what’s funny is that I actually used that kids photos as a source of contact for Zarrinbal -he responded to me in 2 days time.

Good to see another thoroughbred on this forum. You nailed it and thank you brother. I hope your journey is a positive and successful one (keep me updated).

I know that his fame is pushed by one kid - but your bad experience with him is rather odd. Never heard of anything similar. Would you mind DMing me your mails with him? I will keep them private. Kinda worried because I will be chosing between, him and Dr. R...

• +1
Reactions: CristianT
Raffaini is a great surgeon and is actually the keynote speaker at the Arnett orthognathic surgery conference in Sanata Barbara California in 3 days. If it's a choice between R and Z and there are no other considerations like price or Z being more local to you, choose R.

• +1
Reactions: anti caking agents and Linoob
As expected

Your body doesnt seem to handle foreign material well

keep an eye on your Zygo implant, might be the next

• +1
Reactions: Slayerino
[/QUOTE]
I know that his fame is pushed by one kid - but your bad experience with him is rather odd. Never heard of anything similar. Would you mind DMing me your mails with him? I will keep them private. Kinda worried because I will be chosing between, him and Dr. R...
Same here bud..same here..

BfromUK
@Brandon10
Humanix

@Linoob
@CristianT - beautiful soul
@6ft8InTheNetherlands
@highT
@kota
@Casadonis

Time to get fucking real here and keep it absolutely 💯💀 There are no cliff notes and lovely photos for those of you too low IQ to read thru and glean the knowledge of my personal experience which could help to guide, shape, outline and perhaps avoid;

complication for your future aesthetic endeavors (I hope everyone makes it!) -if you’re seeking cliffs, then dip -adios maricas

Hardmaxes are “hard” and classified as such because they are the most invasive of the looksmaxing procedures 🔪💀🔪🩸i.e. the most reward for the most risk! (Infection, botched jobs, the endless road to revision, death leading to eternal reincarnation of sub-humanity etc... etc...). All of which encompass a massive amount of dedication in time, money and healing of the body (not only physically speaking but also emotionally as a result of the former trauma as per the outcome; sometimes even if positive!).

I reference the above copyright for all of you non-looksmaxing hijueputas (normies, blue pill, under covers, agencies, journalists, “journalists” lol you know who you are etc...) To me... you’re nothing but SCUM looking to exploit looksmaxxers for personal and or financial gain -¡Malparido, tú eres todo gonorrea!

I'm reading your posts like I'm reading suspense book... haha... eager to know what will happen next bro..

Last edited:
  • Love it
SAME ... EXACT.... scenario with my previous silicone implant: 2 1/2 months on an antibiotic cocktail (honestly, that was ridiculously low IQ) as if he didn’t know it was absolutely futile with silicone.The infection simply shifted to different sides of my jaw each time.

Was that Dr. Y's idea?
Was that Dr. Y's idea?

Do you think he was just trying to avoid having to spend the time/money taking it out?

Last edited:
  • +1
UPDATE (brief): l don’t have time to pen a fking novel like I usually do because the situation is dire and I want to know what you guys think, as well as what you would do in my situation (I promise I’ll give you the gory details later, after I figure this out)

Here’s the deal: Defrancq’s told me the fluid that’s seeping out is seroma (basically dead cells/tissue and that this is the body’s way of repairing itself). He went on to mention that there is a lot of debris from when he shaved a piece of a bone spur from the left side of my mandible.

Two important points here: 1. Defrancq chose to shave this bone spur (it wasn’t necessary) and 2. now, there’s fluid leaking out because there is a 1/2 centimeter opening on the incision line where he went in to shave it.

So... Defrancq did unnecessary work and fucked things up (unnecessarily complicated my procedure). The right side is perfect but the left is where the hole and fluid is.

Now, I don’t have an infection (yet) but I’m also on antibiotics .... who knows what will happen when off antis. Also, I asked why he chose not to completely close the hole (he only did 2 sutures) and his answer was because he wanted the fluid build up to be able to escape and not “ballon” into a pocket (makes sense) and then, hopefully it will have “dried up” in time.

However, it’s been 1 week already ... and I grilled him on what the plan is if I’m still leaking fluid in the next few days...

He said if removal is necessary, the options are:
1. to remove the implant on the left side only and leave the right side in. Then, after some time (idk how long yet) place it back inside. He is very adamant about this option.

2. (What I said I wanted) remove BOTH the left and right side jaw implants and try again at a later time.

*****Keep in mind that I now have a genioplasty too (thank GOD ... this is the ONLY silver lining in this situation).

So... I want to know... my brothers ... what would do if removal was necessary? Would you: Option 1. rock an implant on one side of your jaw temporarily or Option 2. would you just take out both?

Tell me in the comments: option 1 or option 2

Also @crosshold should be in the LMS cartel too (my bad man, I don’t know how that slipped) PEACE

• +1
  • So Sad
  • Love it
Reactions: Dude420, Barbarossa_, KDA Player and 3 others

UPDATE (brief): l don’t have time to pen a fking novel like I usually do because the situation is dire and I want to know what you guys think, as well as what you would do in my situation (I promise I’ll give you the gory details later, after I figure this out)

Here’s the deal: Defrancq’s told me the fluid that’s seeping out is seroma (basically dead cells/tissue and that this is the body’s way of repairing itself). He went on to mention that there is a lot of debris from when he shaved a piece of a bone spur from the left side of my mandible.

Two important points here: 1. Defrancq chose to shave this bone spur (it wasn’t necessary) and 2. now, there’s fluid leaking out because there is a 1/2 centimeter opening on the incision line where he went in to shave it.

So... Defrancq did unnecessary work and fucked things up (unnecessarily complicated my procedure). The right side is perfect but the left is where the hole and fluid is.

Now, I don’t have an infection (yet) but I’m also on antibiotics .... who knows what will happen when off antis. Also, I asked why he chose not to completely close the hole (he only did 2 sutures) and his answer was because he wanted the fluid build up to be able to escape and not “ballon” into a pocket (makes sense) and then, hopefully it will have “dried up” in time.

However, it’s been 1 week already ... and I grilled him on what the plan is if I’m still leaking fluid in the next few days...

1. to remove the implant on the left side only and leave the right side in. Then, after some time (idk how long yet) place it back inside. He is very adamant about this option.

2. (What I said I wanted) remove BOTH the left and right side jaw implants and try again at a later time.

*****Keep in mind that I now have a genioplasty too (thank GOD ... this is the ONLY silver lining in this situation).

So... I want to know... my brothers ... what would do if removal was necessary? Would you: Option 1. rock an implant on one side of your jaw temporarily or Option 2. would you just take out both?

Also @crosshold should be in the LMS cartel too (my bad man, I don’t know how that slipped) PEACE

I'd leave one side in and deal with temporary asymmetry:

1. If it heals without complications it guarantees that entire side after revision

2. Less surgery / trauma in and around your mouth is always a good thing.

Nice update bro.

I'm sure he's right about the seroma and you'll be fine.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: randomguy1235, Golden Glass, CopingCel and 2 others

I'd leave one side in and deal with temporary asymmetry:

1. If it heals without complications it guarantees that entire side after revision

2. Less surgery / trauma in and around your mouth is always a good thing.

Nice update bro.

I'm sure he's right about the seroma and you'll be fine.

Interesting and thanks for taking the time to write brother (I am highly considering the former option, though am quite interested to hear others opinions) Thanks again 🙏🏼

I think his decision of letting the fluid go out and not suture was the right one and it makes totally sense...

In your place I will wait for couple of days(2 or 3 day maximum) then if the fluid still comes out and things get worst then just remove everything. The first thing to take into consideration is your health than aesthetics....

Sometimes being so stubborn is not good.. but then again maybe he is very sure of what he is talking about.... cause he has experience and maybe he had cases like this in the past ....

• Love it

His reasoning for not closing it is right, but you still need to be on clindamycin until the wound closes on it's own. Don't eat anything on that side for the time being, and keep it as clean as possible. It may take a week or two to granulate in and close completely, but I think you'll likely be alright.

Last edited:
  • Love it
praying for you bro <3

as for the options i really dont know, both have equal pros and cons to me

how long would need to pass before you can have surgery again?

• Love it
His reasoning for not closing it is right, but you still need to be on clindamycin until the wound closes on it's own. Don't eat anything on that side for the time being, and keep it as clean as possible. It may take a week or two to granulate in and close completely, but I think you'll likely be alright.

Thanks very much for your detailed insight. I’ve been given a supplemental anti called, “flagyl” at 500mg ... do you think that’s close enough?

Also, if worse comes to worse.... what removal option do you think is better: 1 or 2?
praying for you bro <3

as for the options i really dont know, both have equal pros and cons to me

how long would need to pass before you can have surgery again?

Thanks for the positive support my brother!

As to the options, just use the same scenario (time wise I didn’t ask yet because it’s a last resort) but assume 3 + months ... what would you personally do? Let me know man and thanks again!

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4054 and 6ft8InTheNetherlands
Thanks very much for your detailed insight. I’ve been given a supplemental anti called, “flagyl” at 500mg ... do you think that’s close enough?

Also, if worse comes to worse.... what removal option do you think is better: 1 or 2?

Remember when I said get on clindamycin plus metronidazole? Flagyl is metronidazole.

So if you're on amoxicillin plus flagyl, I'd say that's probably ok for now although it would be best to swap the amoxicillin for something with beta-lactamase coverage. Is the other antibiotic you're on amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium (augmentin), or just plain amoxicillin?

Worst comes to worst I'd just remove that one side and look weird for a while. Oh, and I'd ask whether he can graft alloderm or something similar into the sulcus while stitching up after the removal so the area being stitched is more viable for the next try. The biggest problem with revisions in this area is that with every subsequent incision the sulcus deepens and the mucosal tissue becomes more fibrotic and less supple. This make the area more prone to exactly what happened this time (wound dehiscence). But lets hope it doesn't come to that

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Adrenochrome and zq336

I'm glad that you don't have an infection.

If removal is necessary, I would only remove the one side. Removing and then reinserting the side that's fine would only create two unnecessary surgical procedures and increase the risk of any complications.

Luckily I believe that seromas usually heal with drainage and time. Did he mention anything about draining the fluid? Usually this is done with a syringe. I'm curious why he left the incision open, it seems like that would increase infection risk.

• Love it
If this is not an infection, all is good no ?

You will heal normally and he can eventually patch up the rest if needed and all that shit will end being a success

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Adrenochrome and CristianT
Remember when I said get on clindamycin plus metronidazole? Flagyl is metronidazole.

So if you're on amoxicillin plus flagyl, I'd say that's probably ok for now although it would be best to swap the amoxicillin for something with beta-lactamase coverage. Is the other antibiotic you're on amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium (augmentin), or just plain amoxicillin?

Worst comes to worst I'd just remove that one side and look weird for a while. Oh, and I'd ask whether he can graft alloderm or something similar into the sulcus while stitching up after the removal so the area being stitched is more viable for the next try. The biggest problem with revisions in this area is that with every subsequent incision the sulcus deepens and the mucosal tissue becomes more fibrotic and less supple. This make the area more prone to exactly what happened this time (wound dehiscence). But lets hope it doesn't come to that

THAT is some SOLID information... invaluable, thank you brother 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

By the way, the AmoX is Amox + clavulanate at 875mg: any benefit to this combo?

• +1