Need advice from fashioncels/clothescels

K

kantero

Bronze
I need to refresh my wardrobe: lower body, shoes and upper body (except jackets).

Whats popular now?
Whats comfortable to wear?
What can make you look more masculine?
What features of the body should I consider when choosing clothes?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
Depends on where you live tbh

• +1
Don't go with what's popular. Go with what you like. If you want advice, look at fashion blogs and most importantly the sticky on 4chan's /fa/ (fashion) board. Has great advice to get you started. Also GQ has some great stuff to look at

Consider shoulder and waist ratio. If you have broad shoulders and narrow waist, buy fitted shirts to accentuate this. All clothes look good when you're gymcelling, so get on it

• +1
Depends on where you live tbh
Slav country
Don't go with what's popular. Go with what you like. If you want advice, look at fashion blogs and most importantly the sticky on 4chan's /fa/ (fashion) board. Has great advice to get you started. Also GQ has some great stuff to look at

Consider shoulder and waist ratio. If you have broad shoulders and narrow waist, buy fitted shirts to accentuate this. All clothes look good when you're gymcelling, so get on it
Yeah, agree, but i dont really have style or something i like. I like comfort and when i look good in clothes lel, but i mostly buy them from internet brcause im lazy to go shopping. I dont have impressive wide shoulders and im more like rectangular, not v shaped, i guess

• +1
You don't need to spend thousands. I used to buy designer clothes (even a coat worth $1800) but recently I found out low tier companies are making such good looking pieces (although from inferior materials) it's just too good to pass up.

Go to Zalando.com, pick up a bunch of slim fit chinos and jeans, collared shirts, t-shirts, long sleeved shirts, maybe a few bomber jackets, 1-2 blazers, some leather shoes, and a few sneakers. You can get all of that stuff for $200-$300 total, with discounts or promo codes.

Also you'll have a wardrobe that is flexible (both streetwear and menswear) which fits every occassion and if you get invited to upscale events or restaurants you'll still have something to put on.

You'll never need stuff like bespoke suits, Hermes ties etc. unless you hang out with rich people in inclusive events and clubs. You can go through your whole life with Zalando-tier stuff and still look good or at least decent.

If you ever get access to money, the best source for mens clothing is mrporter.com which has all the top 1% brands like Saint Laurent, Loro Piana, Gucci, Givenchy, Ferragamo, Tom Ford, Prada etc, they even go on sale every summer and christmas. But be prepared to spend 4 digit sums or more if you want to build a wardrobe from there. I shopped there in the past but now I want to be more frugal. Their shipping is very, very fast (1 business day with DHL).

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and kantero
You don't need to spend thousands. I used to buy designer clothes (even a coat worth $1800) but recently I found out low tier companies are making such good looking pieces (although from inferior materials) it's just too good to pass up.

Go to Zalando.com, pick up a bunch of slim fit chinos and jeans, collared shirts, t-shirts, long sleeved shirts, maybe a few bomber jackets, 1-2 blazers, some leather shoes, and a few sneakers. You can get all of that stuff for $200-$300 total, with discounts or promo codes.

Also you'll have a wardrobe that is flexible (both streetwear and menswear) which fits every occassion and if you get invited to upscale events or restaurants you'll still have something to put on.

You'll never need stuff like bespoke suits, Hermes ties etc. unless you hang out with rich people in inclusive events and clubs. You can go through your whole life with Zalando-tier stuff and still look good or at least decent.

If you ever get access to money, the best source for mens clothing is mrporter.com which has all the top 1% brands like Saint Laurent, Loro Piana, Gucci, Givenchy, Ferragamo, Tom Ford, Prada etc, they even go on sale every summer and christmas. But be prepared to spend 4 digit sums or more if you want to build a wardrobe from there. I shopped there in the past but now I want to be more frugal. Their shipping is very, very fast (1 business day with DHL).
Thanks for good advice, but the problem is im some sort of poorcel and 200-300 is pretty much for me now (but i dont need that much clothes too, tbh). I understand that expensive =/= 100% good and the question is actually what kind of clothes i should buy and which parameters should be taken in account when buying etc etc. I mean like "buy t-shirts with rounded necklines to make neck bigger" stuff

• +1
Well, that's an absolutely impossible question to answer without seeing a picture of your body (face blurred out for privacy). Different types of clothes look good on, or flatter different bodies. There are no universal tips that apply to to every human male on the planet.

• +1
By discounted stuff whenever there is a sale. Just stock up. Variety is legit and get it when cost is low

• +1
Fashionmaxxing is useless when your face is hilariously ugly.

• +1
Honestly man there are certain looks that never go out of style and always look good. Among those are nice khakis and good button down shirt with loafers or sperrys. People may say "oh that's a frat look." Well it's been a frat look for 60+ years for a reason, it looks good. The most important thing is to wear clothes that FIT. Not baggy, not tight. Also Golf shirts with khakis or nice jeans is a good look as well.

• +1

Agreed, what looks good on one guy will look shit on another, and since we usually see models wearing this stuff it does not really help. Gymcelling def helps, fill out those shirts way better. Find what looks good for your body type. If you have a buddy ask him to go shopping with you, don't ask the people working at the store.

• +1
Fashionmaxxing is useless when your face is hilariously ugly.
A 3\10 wearing a button down and chinos with some boots or fashion sneaks is still gonna look a helluva lot better than a 3\10 wearing baggy under armour shorts a nike hoodie and running shoes everywhere they go
I need to refresh my wardrobe: lower body, shoes and upper body (except jackets).

Whats popular now?
Whats comfortable to wear?
What can make you look more masculine?
What features of the body should I consider when choosing clothes?
If you're looking for simple yet comfortable, look into stretchy jeans and dark color chinos from mall outlets like American Eagle or GAP. Get some well fitting T-shirts and solid colored tame button downs, maybe some henleys too if you like. Shoes is the most complicated as it's mostly down to preference of individual. Fashion sneakers like adidas tennis shoes, converse/vans, or cole haan sneaks are all good choices. if you want something more versatile, look for some kind of chelsea or chukka boot, or derbys. Remember the golden rule: fit is key. If you buy all this stuff but it looks baggy and like you're wearing a tent, people won't see anything but the fabric billowing in the wind, so get clothing that makes your figure stand out

Last edited:
  • +1
I applied for a job at this grocery store chain called Waitrose in the UK that has a partner company called John Lewis idk if you've heard of them before, but they sell great clothes. And, if I get hired (fingers crossed), I get a 25% discount on all cloths plus further discounts from coupons and shit! My wardrobe gonna be lit.

In terms of style, I always like dressy casual. I like maybr a V-neck, henley shirt/jumper, a pair of Blue/Black/Grey jeans and a pair of leather chelsea boots. cant go wrong and girls like that style too (not all of them but a lot of them). Check out Alpha M. on Youtube and Teaching Mens Fashion. More the second group tbh cause he does more casual clothes. Anyways, good luck!

• +1
This kind of swag will get you pussy bro.
694365_orig.jpg

• +1
if you want to ball a budget, consider grasping the know how off ordering on taobao.com , I buy good chinos, jackets, shirts, hoodies that are name branded for under 50$. I put them in big hauls and they up my status

• +1