Need collagen help ASAP

Loko88

Loko88

verified slayer
I need to skinmaxx asap. I have always had pretty bad collagen but never had acne (im 18) i.e i had forehead wrinkles since age 16
I started minoxidil a few months back because one of my temples was receding and this had made me way more aware of my skin since I always used to ignore it (ESPECIALLY my forehead)
How can I collagenmaxx boys? Keep in mind that i highly doubt that minoxidil is the reason of this bad collagen since I've always had it.

good skin care routine, diet, drinking water.

• +1
Reactions: Effortless
You could start by getting rid of minoxidil which is a collagen killer.

• +1
Reactions: Seth Walsh
I need to skinmaxx asap. I have always had pretty bad collagen but never had acne (im 18) i.e i had forehead wrinkles since age 16
I started minoxidil a few months back because one of my temples was receding and this had made me way more aware of my skin since I always used to ignore it (ESPECIALLY my forehead)
How can I collagenmaxx boys? Keep in mind that i highly doubt that minoxidil is the reason of this bad collagen since I've always had it.
Here is what you should do in no particular order :

Stop using minodixil (yes it kills your collagen)

Get a better skincare routine : put on sunscreen EVERYDAY, buy a vitamin C serum and a good moisturizer. You could also try retin-a (but some reported hairloss after prolonged use so beware), red light therapy and aloe vera gel

Eat a healthy diet full of vegetables, good fats and protein, stop stuffing yourself with empty carbs. And DRINK WATER

Exercise several times a week, alternate between outdoor cardio and lifting, yes those activities complete each other despite what normies think

Sleep at least 7 hours per night.

TL;DR : being healthy actually is the best way to collagenmaxx
Jfl at unhealthy dogs

• +1
Reactions: Kade and Loko88
you didn't mention your skincare routine which makes me assume you don't have one. Read the guides on here and start a basic routine, e.g.
morning:
cleanse
moisturize
suncream

evening:
cleanse
moisture

you want something on the lines of that, however probably a more advanced one for you (e.g., containing retinoids) as you have wrinkles at the age of 18 which is not desirable

Here is what you should do in no particular order :

Stop using minodixil (yes it kills your collagen)

Get a better skincare routine : put on sunscreen EVERYDAY, buy a vitamin C serum and a good moisturizer. You could also try retin-a (but some reported hairloss after prolonged use so beware), red light therapy and aloe vera gel

Eat a healthy diet full of vegetables, good fats and protein, stop stuffing yourself with empty carbs. And DRINK WATER

Exercise several times a week, alternate between outdoor cardio and lifting, yes those activities complete each other despite what normies think

Sleep at least 7 hours per night.

TL;DR : being healthy actually is the best way to collagenmaxx
Jfl at unhealthy dogs
Did you know that collagen causes hairloss. What will you do now ?

Thats false
Actually, it might not be. There is some thinking that excess collagen production can lead to fibrosis which can lead to hair loss. I'm by no means an expert on it and am 100% just relaying what I've talked about in passing with some of my colleagues.

• Woah
Reactions: her
Actually, it might not be. There is some thinking that excess collagen production can lead to fibrosis which can lead to hair loss. I'm by no means an expert on it and am 100% just relaying what I've talked about in passing with some of my colleagues.
You'd have to go overboard
Its all about balance at the end of the day

You'd have to go overboard
"overboard" with what exactly?

But you can't state that as fact, there simply isn't enough data for you to be able to do so.
And actually from a cursory search, it doesn't seem that you need to "do anything" to cause this fibrosis, it just happens.

"overboard" with what exactly?

But you can't state that as fact, there simply isn't enough data for you to be able to do so.
And actually from a cursory search, it doesn't seem that you need to "do anything" to cause this fibrosis, it just happens.
Collagen can't cause hairloss on its own. You're telling me a fibrosis can damage one's hair but thats the same thing as saying curing cancer with chemo treatments will make one bald.

Collagen can't cause hairloss on its own. You're telling me a fibrosis can damage one's hair but thats the same thing as saying curing cancer with chemo treatments will make one bald.
No, what I am saying is that there is some evidence that fibrosis can lead to hair loss, nothing more, nothing less. Blanket statements such as the ones you made are at best inaccurate and misleading, and at worst dishonest and dangerous.

I'm also not sure why you used chemo and hair loss as an example since it is the chemo that causes the hair loss?