Need orthodontic advice

T

tupadura

Banned
Hi guise,

So I was at the orthodontist and i received bad news. I was interested in ivisalign because my teeth are not straight but it turned out that I have more serious issue. My bite is uneven. When I bite, one side of teeth touches and the other doesn't. He told me that it will take 2-3 years to fix and that i will have to wear rubber bands with the ivisalign. On top of that my upper wisdom teeth will have to be extracted.

I asked if we can do this w/o teeth extraction as I am reading that it can screw up the face and he said we need to extract them because we need to move the upper teeth backwards. Basically if we don't extract the teeth I will end up with overbite.

Won't this screw up my maxilla (can i end up with sunken mouth/face) ? Shouldn't the correct procedure be to get the teeth straight and then get surgery for lower jaw to fix the overbite ?

I found this thread were this issue is talked about https://looksmax.org/threads/how-or...bands-are-stunning-your-maxilla-growth.61889/

I am not that worried about my teeth being perfect, and I have a good beard wich makes my lower third looking good. Is this shit even worth going into ? Because I don't feel like doing it just to get the teeth straight which are not bad to begin with. But he said that it should be done because it will cause exessive/uneven wear on teeth which will need to be replaced eventually because of this so idk.

so questions:

1. Would u recommend me to even bother with this or just leave it ?
2. If i go do it should I go with the rubber bands and teeth extraction or just do invsalign w/o bands and then surgery ?

• +1
Reactions: athnico
Tldr?

Combined attention span of forum is 0.897 picoseconds

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: .👽., retard, Slayerino and 1 other person
go to another orthodontist and get a 2nd opinion

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1476
Hi guise,

So I was at the orthodontist and i received bad news. I was interested in ivisalign because my teeth are not straight but it turned out that I have more serious issue. My bite is uneven. When I bite, one side of teeth touches and the other doesn't. He told me that it will take 2-3 years to fix and that i will have to wear rubber bands with the ivisalign. On top of that my upper wisdom teeth will have to be extracted.

I asked if we can do this w/o teeth extraction as I am reading that it can screw up the face and he said we need to extract them because we need to move the upper teeth backwards. Basically if we don't extract the teeth I will end up with overbite.

Won't this screw up my maxilla (can i end up with sunken mouth/face) ? Shouldn't the correct procedure be to get the teeth straight and then get surgery for lower jaw to fix the overbite ?

I found this thread were this issue is talked about https://looksmax.org/threads/how-or...bands-are-stunning-your-maxilla-growth.61889/

I am not that worried about my teeth being perfect, and I have a good beard wich makes my lower third looking good. Is this shit even worth going into ? Because I don't feel like doing it just to get the teeth straight which are not bad to begin with. But he said that it should be done because it will cause exessive/uneven wear on teeth which will need to be replaced eventually because of this so idk.

so questions:

2. If i go do it should I go with the rubber bands and teeth extraction or just do invsalign w/o bands and then surgery ?

stop seeing that jew dentist and visit a maxillofacial surgeon to fix your facial bones

• +1
Reactions: noped, Deleted member 1476, athnico and 2 others
I need more information than that, 10 out of 9 orthodontists try to fix your bite rather than your recessed bones etc,

my wisdom teeth are also crooked as fuck. dont let the jews take them out

Tldr?

Combined attention span of forum is 0.897 picoseconds

Tldr: I want to straighten my front teeth and they want to remove my upper wisdom teeth and push my upper teeth backwards with invisalign+bands, if they just straighten the teeth I would end up with overbite so they need to push it back, will this sink my maxilla/mouth ? +they want to fix my uneven bite

I need more information than that, 10 out of 9 orthodontists try to fix your bite rather than your recessed bones etc,

I have a weak chin but i cope with beard,so its fine i dont want the surgery cause I look good. I Just wanted this to straighten my teeth

my wisdom teeth are also crooked as fuck. dont let the jews take them out

mine are fine, the front teeth are crooked not wisdom

• +1
Reactions: draco
Tldr: I want to straighten my front teeth and they want to remove my upper wisdom teeth and push my upper teeth backwards with invisalign+bands, if they just straighten the teeth I would end up with overbite so they need to push it back, will this sink my maxilla/mouth ? +they want to fix my uneven bite

I have a weak chin but i cope with beard,so its fine i dont want the surgery cause I look good. I Just wanted this to straighten my teeth

mine are fine, the front teeth are crooked not wisdom
You are coping you will look 2x better with surgery

You are coping you will look 2x better with surgery
No I wouldn't, it would be diminishing return, I am maxed out on my lower third
IMG 20200216 1701171

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 4430
lmao at that beard fraud, you cant fix your bite without ruining your face unless surgery

yeh like I said I cope with beard, if the bolded is true then i won't do the braces

yeh like I said I cope with beard, if the bolded is true then i won't do the braces
i have braces for 3 years and my bite is still shit, i cant even clench my two front teeth and two lower front teeth together

• +1
Reactions: tupadura
Orthodontists don’t give a shit about aesthetics. He’ll fuck up your maxilla to get a bite correction “success.” Srs. Go to a maxillofacial surgeon. He’ll probably refer you to get braces for a year, but if it’s coordinated with double jaw surgery you will ascend.

• +1
Reactions: goat2x
Orthodontists don’t give a shit about aesthetics. He’ll fuck up your maxilla to get a bite correction “success.” Srs. Go to a maxillofacial surgeon. He’ll probably refer you to get braces for a year, but if it’s coordinated with double jaw surgery you will ascend.
I am 26 yo from europe, is this covered by insurance ? I don't really wanna go under the knife tho, as I am not worried about my jaw, I will just beardmax till the end of times.... And it works for me, bitches love the look anyway.... And my teeth are relatively fine and this seems to be complicated, when i went there i thought it would just be minor invisalign correction for a year and done but this is way too tricky

Hi guise,

so questions:

That ortho is ASS jfl. You want forward growth, he will make you recessed. Sounds like a crossbite. Look into MSE +aligners wait to pull out till after MSE. Consider face pull. Its really bad to sink the palantine back into the skull

That ortho is ASS jfl. You want forward growth, he will make you recessed. Sounds like a crossbite. Look into MSE +aligners wait to pull out till after MSE. Consider face pull. Its really bad to sink the palantine back into the skull

I was gonna ask about palate expander for my next visit with new ortho, so that shit won't make me recessed you saying ? What do u mean with waiting to pull out ? Pull out what exactly ?