Neuroscience proves free will doesn't exist

disillusioned

disillusioned

Kraken
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjamin_Libet

"Researchers also analyzed EEG recordings for each trial with respect to the timing of the action. It was noted that brain activity involved in the initiation of the action, primarily centered in the secondary motor cortex, occurred, on average, approximately five hundred milliseconds before the trial ended with the pushing of the button. That is to say, researchers recorded mounting brain activity related to the resultant action as many as three hundred milliseconds before subjects reported the first awareness of conscious will to act. In other words, apparently conscious decisions to act were preceded by an unconscious buildup of electrical activity within the brain - the change in EEG signals reflecting this buildup came to be called Bereitschaftspotential or readiness potential. As of 2008, the upcoming outcome of a decision could be found in study of the brain activity in the prefrontal and parietal cortex up to 7 seconds before the subject was aware of their decision.

Libet's experiments suggest to some that unconscious processes in the brain are the true initiator of volitional acts, and free will therefore plays no part in their initiation. If unconscious brain processes have already taken steps to initiate an action before consciousness is aware of any desire to perform it, the causal role of consciousness in volition is all but eliminated, according to this interpretation. "

All your thoughts and decisions are pre-calculated in advance by your brain. You as a "person" don't even exist.

It's over for freewillcels.

• +1
Reactions: BadaBing and Claire Violet
C31C37F1 E2E1 4E83 B353 72765F4D4C42

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 4804 and Claire Violet

I feel raped
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjamin_Libet

"Researchers also analyzed EEG recordings for each trial with respect to the timing of the action. It was noted that brain activity involved in the initiation of the action, primarily centered in the secondary motor cortex, occurred, on average, approximately five hundred milliseconds before the trial ended with the pushing of the button. That is to say, researchers recorded mounting brain activity related to the resultant action as many as three hundred milliseconds before subjects reported the first awareness of conscious will to act. In other words, apparently conscious decisions to act were preceded by an unconscious buildup of electrical activity within the brain - the change in EEG signals reflecting this buildup came to be called Bereitschaftspotential or readiness potential. As of 2008, the upcoming outcome of a decision could be found in study of the brain activity in the prefrontal and parietal cortex up to 7 seconds before the subject was aware of their decision.

Libet's experiments suggest to some that unconscious processes in the brain are the true initiator of volitional acts, and free will therefore plays no part in their initiation. If unconscious brain processes have already taken steps to initiate an action before consciousness is aware of any desire to perform it, the causal role of consciousness in volition is all but eliminated, according to this interpretation. "

All your thoughts and decisions are pre-calculated in advance by your brain. You as a "person" don't even exist.

It's over for freewillcels.

Man im fucked up enough in the head as it is, im not gonna think about this shit

alex jones is this you?

free will is a meme

keep crying for me you npc

psych meds alone show it

take more of them and watch your cognitive processes transform to an unfathomable extent

it's all about neurotransmitters

I spent hours thinking about whether free will exists when I did LSD

bumo

• +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: Toth's thot, Ritalincel and chadpreetinthemaking
My brain already made me type this

Water.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4804