New (Old) Study on MSE - What changes to expect, and to what magnitude

retard

retard

rides a short bus to school
This study is from 2018 but it has never been discussed here- https://escholarship.org/content/qt54w974nd/qt54w974nd.pdf

It is very long and hard to understand so I will breakdown the important shit that we care about

Base info - Average age was 17.2, average amount of expansion was 6.8 mm.

Average increase in cheekbone width - 4.6 mm

You can reason from this that you for every mm you crank your MSE, you will get .67mm in zygos expansion (Some turns are lost in splitting the suture, so once you get a diastema, every mm you turn will increase your cheekbone width by ~ .83mm

Maxilla (upper and lower) came forward 1mm, however the more you turn, doesn't mean you will get more forward growth

IPD- It doesnt directly mention this measurement, however I did some math regarding the other measurements to figure it out, you can expect .5mm at the minimum, and 1mm at the max

Things to keep in mind -

They did the Won Moon protocal (2 turns before split) which tips the implants and gives you less total expansion, so by using Ting routine, you can get slightly better results.

17 was the average age

The older you are; the less results you will get

The younger you are; the greater results you will get

6.8 mm was the average expansion

The more you expand; the greater results you will get

The less you expand; the less results you will get

Attachments

• qt54w974nd.pdf
    6.7 MB · Views: 35
Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: ChristianChad, AscendingHero, Deleted member 10172 and 15 others
This study is from 2018 but it has never been discussed here- https://escholarship.org/content/qt54w974nd/qt54w974nd.pdf

It is very long and hard to understand so I will breakdown the important shit that we care about

Base info - Average age was 17.2, average amount of expansion was 6.8 mm.

Average increase in cheekbone width - 4.6 mm

You can reason from this that you for every mm you crank your MSE, you will get .67mm in zygos expansion (Some turns are lost in splitting the suture, so once you get a diastema, every mm you turn will increase your cheekbone width by ~ .83mm

Maxilla came forward 1mm, however the more you turn, doesn't mean you will get more forward growth

IPD- It doesnt directly mention this measurement, however I did some math regarding the other measurements to figure it out, you can expect .5mm at the minimum, and 1mm at the max

Things to keep in mind -

They did the Won Moon protocal (2 turns before split) which tips the implants and gives you less total expansion, so by using Ting routine, you can get slightly better results.

17 was the average age

The older you are; the less results you will get

The younger you are; the greater results you will get

6.8 mm was the average expansion

The more you expand; the greater results you will get

The less you expand; the less results you will get
Man I got 148.5 bizygomatic width is it possible to not get cheekbone expansion but still get the lip,nose, and IPD gain.

Man I got 148.5 bizygomatic width is it possible to not get cheekbone expansion but still get the lip,nose, and IPD gain.
nope, a tooth borne expander may be better for you if those are your goals, it would expand your lips the same amount and the nose a similar amount, cheekbones about half what you will get with MSE, and no IPD gains

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, ChristianChad, Darkstrand and 2 others
nope, a tooth borne expander may be better for you if those are your goals, it would expand your lips the same amount and the nose a similar amount, cheekbones about half what you will get with MSE, and no IPD gains
Not even with sugical assist fuck I wanted this shit to use facemask. Also are u going to make a guide on attaching the facemask directly to the MSE. Gl btw.

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
Not even with sugical assist fuck I wanted this shit to use facemask. Also are u going to make a guide on attaching the facemask directly to the MSE. Gl btw.
I will have to play around with it more first, it has the potential to destabilize the implants since you are pulling downwards, and that would be rrly bad

• +1
Reactions: Darkstrand
great thread, would it be hard to get mse recommended to a 16 year old? i know orthos would use a normal palate expander if i said i had breathing problems and narrow palate

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
great thread, would it be hard to get mse recommended to a 16 year old? i know orthos would use a normal palate expander if i said i had breathing problems and narrow palate
completely depends on the ortho, ting? nope, a random bluepilled one? very

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: ChristianChad, SPFromNY914, Deleted member 5385 and 1 other person
completely depends on the ortho, ting? nope, a random bluepilled one? very
i live about 8 hrs away from newaz in florida and am planning on getting it from him since i heard he's pretty blackpilled

• +1
Reactions: retard
Thanks for the good summary! At what age would you say the significance takes a toll? I'm 18 and would like to get stuff done as soon as I can, but it's simply not realistic for me to get it at this stage of life yet. Maybe 19.

• +1
Reactions: SPFromNY914 and retard
Thanks for the good summary! At what age would you say the significance takes a toll? I'm 18 and would like to get stuff done as soon as I can, but it's simply not realistic for me to get it at this stage of life yet. Maybe 19.
tbh i have no clue, it would be a linear decrease though, not like once u hit x age mse then becomes very ineffective, but a gradual decrease like every yr older you are you may get .3 mm less zygo expansion (that number was pulled out of my ass)

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685
does it help paranasal hollowing

Mse also increase ipd?

Thanks for the thread !
Do you think that it would gives the illusion of a lower IPD, since the entire midface is expended ?

What's the Ting protocol compared to the won Moon protocol?

ok i still keep mewing

What's the Ting protocol compared to the won Moon protocol?
Ting is one a day before split; moon is two

the screws bend more at a rate of 2/day compared to one

Thanks for the thread !
Do you think that it would gives the illusion of a lower IPD, since the entire midface is expended ?
yes, your es ratio will be lowered

• +1
Reactions: Darkstrand
Good thread
What are some good tooth borne expenders?