New thoughts about MSE

Darkstrand

Darkstrand

Kraken
IMG 20191206 200831

So I was looking at this picture of Jordan Barrett and again wondered what makes him look so alien, than I realized his nose width between his eyes (yes I know there has been a thread about gl people and wide noses)
So I looked up some palatal expansions and what you always see is this:
IMG 20191211 182823

You see how the separation isn't as wide the further up it goes? Why? Cause the nasal-maxillary sutures aren't opened...

So all we need is a way to open these sutures, the question is just how, and which to actually open:
IMG 20191211 181936

These, as these are actually the maxillary sutures
IMG 20191211 181954

Or this one, as it should push the other sutures further apart

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973
  • JFL
Reactions: curryslayerordeath, EthnicelAscension and Darkstrand
I am owlpheno because of my subhuman maxilla, do you think MSE alone can fix it? I also noticed that I feel a burning sensation in my nose when I nosebreathe perhaps thats because of narrow nasal airways?

• +1
Reactions: poonkiller9000
I am owlpheno because of my subhuman maxilla, do you think MSE alone can fix it? I also noticed that I feel a burning sensation in my nose when I nosebreathe perhaps thats because of narrow nasal airways?
MSE alone probably won't fix that, but depends what your maxilla is lacking, a good maxilla got 4 (!) directions that make it look either good or bad, with wrong pheno the lack of just one is a horrible failo

• So Sad
Reactions: Maxillacel
Kinda off topic, but where do you find a provider to actually consult about a MSE? None of the orthodontists in my area advertise this (which is weird bc I live in a very large US city).

Hard mew your brains out 24/7 consistently for 2 years.
MSE wont expand the jaw along with maxilla and doesnt provide actual upswing of maxilla, only horizontal widening of maxalla , from my knowledge.
I recommend not relying on all these devices unless you are over 30.
You have to split the suture with your tongue m8, not some screw.
HAVE FUN

Not much difference between 4.3mm and 4.8mm. Graphic actually contradicts your point.

Not much difference between 4.3mm and 4.8mm. Graphic actually contradicts your point.
Yeah, but go further up to the point of the maxillonasal suture and you got even less, and that's just a simulation, look at Ronny Ead got 1.2 cm on the lower part and just 1.5 mm on the upper part

Yeah, but go further up to the point of the maxillonasal suture and you got even less, and that's just a simulation, look at Ronny Ead got 1.2 cm on the lower part and just 1.5 mm on the upper part
Where did you get these numbers?

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262