On a scale of 1-10 how important is retin a?

D

Deleted member 2587

Solstice
I’m so close to purchasing it from alldaychemist. A lot of you guys are praising the fuck out of it.... is it really that good!?

If so can you guys help me out with starting a routine? I plan on doing cerave facial wash in the morning and lotion for moisturizer. But at night I’ll do retin a. I’m really a noob when it comes to skin care

If you're 20+ and still have acne, it's a life changer

If you're 20+ and still have acne, it's a life changer
I’m 19. Tomorrow I plan on sticking to a looksmax routine. I want to buy retin a but no clue at what %

What else can you purchase with that money looksmax wise?

How bad is the state of your skin?

These two question should be self explanatory of whether or not you should get it

What else can you purchase with that money looksmax wise?

How bad is the state of your skin?

These two question should be self explanatory of whether or not you should get it
My over all skin is like a 3/10. It’s pretty fucking trash. It’s dry as fuck with some acne scars. I just want to freshen it up. I’m 19 and my skin looks just dead. Maybe it’s from the minoxidil idk

Does retin A cause hair to all out or something?

I mean it's cheap, takes no time to apply, has no real downsides and is effective at making your look face younger and clears acne and scarring. So why not.

• +1
Reactions: Nosecel9000, Deleted member 470 and AspiringChad
I mean it's cheap, takes no time to apply, has no real downsides and is effective at making your look face younger and clears acne and scarring. So why not.
Legit this

I've 31 and have been applying Retin-A almost every night for about a year now. If I keep applying this shit for the rest of my life, how much younger (as compared to my true age) could I end up looking 10 years from now?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2205
It’s literally the only thing you need in a skincare routine

• +1
Reactions: SquareChinOrDeath, UglyMan, I'mme and 1 other person
retinoids are the least cope skincare

Does it not make hair fall out? I remember reading somewhere that it does

Does it not make hair fall out? I remember reading somewhere that it does
no jfl

I just use some shitty $5 face wash in the morning and night, in the morning after washing I apply moisturizer with SPF (again some cheap nivea day cream) and at night after washing I apply the tretinoin, wait 20m or so and apply a moisturizing night cream

moisturizer is a must, especially if you haven't used retinoids in the past, if you don't use it you will peel like crazy

it has cleared up acne which adapelene didn't do shit against in 3-4 weeks, only noticeable skin issues I have now are scars

• +1
no jfl

I just use some shitty $5 face wash in the morning and night, in the morning after washing I apply moisturizer with SPF (again some cheap nivea day cream) and at night after washing I apply the tretinoin, wait 20m or so and apply a moisturizing night cream

moisturizer is a must, especially if you haven't used retinoids in the past, if you don't use it you will peel like crazy

it has cleared up acne which adapelene didn't do shit against in 3-4 weeks, only noticeable skin issues I have now are scars
Don't you need to use sunscreen with Retinoids or something? And people keep saying that it has to be reccomended by the dermotoligist and misuse can lead to bad results.
ah I see. 'm going to regular skin care maxx, and maybe when I get a bit older, I'll start using retin a. Is it described as "anti aging" because it produces collagen or something?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 470
Don't you need to use sunscreen with Retinoids or something? And people keep saying that it has to be reccomended by the dermotoligist and misuse can lead to bad results.

ah I see. 'm going to regular skin care maxx, and maybe when I get a bit older, I'll start using retin a. Is it described as "anti aging" because it produces collagen or something?
yes, I said I use moisturizer with SPF

• +1

You need a moisturizer and a sunscreen as well.

Everyone / everything always lists sun screen, but what if you get almost no sun?

I work a 9 - 5 and see 5 mins of sun a day.

Do I need sun sreen?

Are there other benefits of sun screen I'm unaware of?

Does retin A cause hair to all out or something?

It can cause light shedding. It's temporary. But I did read that for people with dry skin (prone to flaking from tretinoin) it can cause some hairloss where the it comes into contact with the hairline.

It's really great stuff though. I've added it to my normal routine along w aloe vera once a day & have had good results.
Everyone / everything always lists sun screen, but what if you get almost no sun?

Do I need sun sreen?

please tell me you take a d3 supplement lmao

• +1
I’m so close to purchasing it from alldaychemist. A lot of you guys are praising the fuck out of it.... is it really that good!?

If so can you guys help me out with starting a routine? I plan on doing cerave facial wash in the morning and lotion for moisturizer. But at night I’ll do retin a. I’m really a noob when it comes to skin care
retin A puts off 70% of your acne and slows down aging by increasing collagen production.
the only side effect is skin sinsitivity but it can be countered with sunscreen

no skin for ur bones

• So Sad
Reactions: Nosecel9000

Do I need sun sreen?

You still do. That's non-negotiable. The good thing about your situation is that you only need to apply it once a day.

• +1
Sounds like a bad idea.
I am 46yo and no wrinkles while I've been smoking for 26 years.
Still, apart smoking, I have healthy habits clearly above average that balance this shitty smoking habit.

It’s good on its own but doesn’t fix the root of the aging problem.

Sounds like a bad idea.
I am 46yo and no wrinkles while I've been smoking for 26 years.
Still, apart smoking, I have healthy habits clearly above average that balance this shitty smoking habit.
Genetics.
retin A puts off 70% of your acne and slows down aging by increasing collagen production.
the only side effect is skin sinsitivity but it can be countered with sunscreen
This isn't completely accurate. You'll likely have some skin sensitivity and redness regardless of sunscreen, but you'll develop a tolerance.

Last edited:
Don’t forget to dermaroll/dermapen, I think the collagen boost is much higher than Retin-A.

useless in my case
Genetics.

This isn't completely accurate. You'll likely have some skin sensitivity and redness regardless of sunscreen, but you'll develop a tolerance.

agree, i have top tier skin but worst habit.