On MSE and asymmetrical palate.

needsolution

needsolution

Zephir
Question for those who studied about MSE. Lets say i have asymmetrical palate, can i expand it in one side to get symmetry. And if this asymmetry can cause facial asymmetry and if it will improve after expanding this.

What type of assymetry?

• +1
Reactions: OOGABOOGA
  • Woah
Reactions: needsolution
Beautiful, I might just make it

You can also get a asymmetrical palate if the mse is installed badly

You can also get a asymmetrical palate if the mse is installed badly
Well it’s not like I’m gonna screw it in myself. Do you have any examples of mse/fp resulting in greater asymmetry or is that kind of a non-issue? @CopeAndRope @forwardgrowth @varbrah
@betamanlet you know your shit too

Last edited:
someone aware me on what a transverse deficiency is please?

Last edited:
Lack of outward growth of the palate I believe, so more or less narrow palate

Lack of outward growth of the palate I believe, so more or less narrow palate
and widening the palate counteracts asyemtry? how is the palate widened or prevented from narrowing in people with extracted or crowded tooth at the back of one side

basically it'sabout width. palatal width, bizygomatic width, bigonial width, nose width etc and yes it corrects it, most of the time it's caused by the tongue being more on one side, sleeping on one side only and all that kind of stuff, posture needs to be corrected first

• +1
Reactions: forwardgrowth
and widening the palate counteracts asyemtry? how is the palate widened or prevented from narrowing in people with extracted or crowded tooth at the back of one side
Idk about those scenarios but when it’s just the palate itself, I think it should be corrected, and facepulling should help as well. However I actually have an extra wisdom tooth on the upper left so that might not be helping

Idk about those scenarios but when it’s just the palate itself, I think it should be corrected, and facepulling should help as well. However I actually have an extra wisdom tooth on the upper left so that might not be helping
I feel like i have an asymetrical palate but its not narrow .

yea it probably wouldnt but generally it should even out right ?.

how woiuld face pulling do anything>

I feel like i have an asymetrical palate but its not narrow .

yea it probably wouldnt but generally it should even out right ?.

how woiuld face pulling do anything>
I think if you’re pulling upwards and forwards from a central point, and one side we’re a bit behind or below the other, the lagging side of the face should catch up. I sure as fuck hope it will at least, the whole left side of my face is a couple mm lower than the right

I think if you’re pulling upwards and forwards from a central point, and one side we’re a bit behind or below the other, the lagging side of the face should catch up. I sure as fuck hope it will at least, the whole left side of my face is a couple mm lower than the right
hello my asymmetricalcel friend

I feell ike palatal width determins that more.

hello my asymmetricalcel friend
Howdy patna
I feell ike palatal width determins that more.
Well either way it should improve if not eliminate the problem. I’ve done symmetry morphs of myself and honestly, mirroring the right side of my face onto the left I’m like a whole point higher. iPhone selfies where the image flips make me want to rope.

Last edited:
I probably also have uneven palate because one side of the profile looks better than the other also my left jawline is MUCH more prominent and better looking than the right one which is barely visible... FUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARK