Other than Eppley and Defrancq, which doctors do I choose for custom facial implants? They must use PEEK/PEKK.

Deleted member 399

Deleted member 399

White Worshiping Eugenicist Curry Scum
title

• +1
Reactions: Administrator
epply charges 2x the price for a peek implant jfl, wht a jew

• JFL
Reactions: Sal123
Just save for Medpor or settle with silicone. Barely anyone in the US does peek l, and especially with the skill of custom implant surgeons

Just save for Medpor or settle with silicone. Barely anyone in the US does peek l, and especially with the skill of custom implant surgeons
I'm wiling to go to Europe.

Doc mcstuffins

• JFL
  • WTF
Reactions: Uglyandfat and Deleted member 399
Its too much money. I don't want to get ripped off like that.
If you’re going to make any investment in something make it in yourself. It will certainly be more than worth it. The prices will go up every year

Medpor is a terrible substance, and is frankly outdated. Its advocates tend to be very confused about its supposed benefits.

Barely anyone does PEEK in the US for the same reason barely anyone does titanium: there's no advantages over silicone, and yet they make surgery considerably more difficult, and cost a lot more to manufacture. They are also difficult, if not practically impossible to modify in the operating room if necessary - as is often the case.

The most moronically widespread belief on PSL forums is that of believing that different materials give different looks. They don't. You could sit every one of these morons down with a surgeon on skype and have it explained to them in detail why this isnt the case, and they will still believe that x commonly used substance is a scam and gives shitty results and y moonrock substance gives male model looks. The most unpredictable part of cosmetic surgery, and one surgeons can currently do very little about, is the soft tissues. Look everyone is aware of people who have less than ideal muscular insertions, which give them odd looking and aesthetically unpleasing physiques even when they are at single digit bodyfat percentage, and yet no one seems to put 2 and 2 together and realize this is true about muscles in the face as well, such as the masseters.

Implant surgery is best done conservatively, and conventionally.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Chinlet Ascension, mulattomaxxer, lilhorizontal32 and 7 others
Medpor is a terrible substance, and is frankly outdated. Its advocates tend to be very confused about its supposed benefits.

Barely anyone does PEEK in the US for the same reason barely anyone does titanium: there's no advantages over silicone, and yet they make surgery considerably more difficult, and cost a lot more to manufacture. They are also difficult, if not practically impossible to modify in the operating room if necessary - as is often the case.

The most moronically widespread belief on PSL forums is that of believing that different materials give different looks. They don't. You could sit every one of these morons down with a surgeon on skype and have it explained to them in detail why this isnt the case, and they will still believe that x commonly used substance is a scam and gives shitty results and y moonrock substance gives male model looks. The most unpredictable part of cosmetic surgery, and one surgeons can currently do very little about, is the soft tissues. Look everyone is aware of people who have less than ideal muscular insertions, which give them odd looking and aesthetically unpleasing physiques even when they are at single digit bodyfat percentage, and yet no one seems to put 2 and 2 together and realize this is true about muscles in the face as well, such as the masseters.

They do look different though.

Silicone is soft, shitty fragile material and that’s why it’s cheap. That’s why you need to wrap it around the nerve and create pockets to place it in because it’s too weak to fixate.

Medpor mogs it to hell and back because the density mimics bone better. Silicone also makes bone erode overtime. It’s garbage

You get tissue in-growth with Medpor that basically makes the implant look one with your face. As silicone looks faker and erodes as the years go by. That’s why silicone chin implant revision and removal rates are so high.

Silicone is just simply the cheap pizza you get at 7/11. Notice how they can be placed ONLY in certain parts of the face..and nowhere else? They’re not practical.

You can’t skype with Eppley and ask him these questions. He’s a path of least resistance cuck. I’ve explained this ad nauseum already. The people who use heroin know more than the doctors who study it.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Chinlet Ascension, Warlow, entropy137 and 5 others
Barely anyone does PEEK in the US for the same reason barely anyone does titanium: there's no advantages over silicone
PEEK does have advantages over silicone. Silicone can get displaced even with screws and are prone to infection.
You can’t skype with Eppley and ask him these questions. He’s a path of least resistance cuck.
Eppley prefers silicone because it makes his job easier. That's all.

I think that you can choose with Eppley though, what material you want him to use I mean.

PEEK does have advantages over silicone. Silicone can get displaced even with screws and are prone to infection.

Eppley prefers silicone because it makes his job easier. That's all.

PEEK has very little clinical history in cosmetic augmentation and yet already has more than a few case studies of infection outcomes that required removal. If you are suggesting that PEEK is more resistant to infection than silicone or that silicone implants are more prone to infection than PEEK implants, you would need to cite some evidence that proves that. I'll wait - forever, because I know it doesn't exist. PEEK manufacturers claiming their materials make for better outcomes or more resistance to infection doesn't mean anything. Stryker also used to claim - and probably some rep somewhere can still be found claiming this - that medpor was both more resistant to infection and was able to treat the infection without removal because of tissue ingrowth and thus blood supply to the implant. Neither of which are true even slightly, and in fact it appears that the rough texture and porosity of medpor implants may actually make the risk of infection higher than smooth non porous implants.

Ditto for your claims about displacement. Thats a two part clause, to prove, by the way: 1. that silicone with fixture gets displaced by anything other than terrible trauma and 2. that PEEK with fixture does not get displaced by anything other than terrible trauma.
They do look different though.

Silicone is soft, shitty fragile material and that’s why it’s cheap. That’s why you need to wrap it around the nerve and create pockets to place it in because it’s too weak to fixate.

Medpor mogs it to hell and back because the density mimics bone better. Silicone also makes bone erode overtime. It’s garbage

You get tissue in-growth with Medpor that basically makes the implant look one with your face. As silicone looks faker and erodes as the years go by. That’s why silicone chin implant revision and removal rates are so high.

Silicone is just simply the cheap pizza you get at 7/11. Notice how they can be placed ONLY in certain parts of the face..and nowhere else? They’re not practical.

You can’t skype with Eppley and ask him these questions. He’s a path of least resistance cuck. I’ve explained this ad nauseum already. The people who use heroin know more than the doctors who study it.

you can organize a relatively cheap skype consult with Dr Paul Coceancig of Profilosurgical in Australia - who does not use silicone by the way - and explain your expert opinion to him and watch him call you a retard literally, and then school you, if you like. I won't waste my time with you. Your analogy further makes you look even more retarded by way, since in your analogy you're neither the heroin user or the doctor studying it, you're a dumb cunt who reads about heroin use on the internet and then proclaims to know more about it than both the heroin users and the scientists studying heroin.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Wallenberg, Ocelot, randomvanish and 1 other person
PEEK has very little clinical history in cosmetic augmentation and yet already has more than a few case studies of infection outcomes that required removal.
Many surgeons can't place PEEK properly. PEEK implants need to be placed in pieced like a puzzle rather than as one contiguous whole, even if its custom made according to the patient's bone anatomy. Slight interface space between bone and implant can cause infection. Silicone migrates because its soft, so its more prone to infection and bone resorption unlike PEEK. It is not possible to fixate silicon implants with screws, because the silicone is too soft for it. The silicone would rupture at the position of the screw and the implant would be loose again.

Many surgeons can't place PEEK properly. PEEK implants need to be placed in pieced like a puzzle rather than as one contiguous whole, even if its custom made according to the patient's bone anatomy. Slight interface space between bone and implant can cause infection. Silicone migrates because its soft, so its more prone to infection and bone resorption unlike PEEK. It is not possible to fixate silicon implants with screws, because the silicone is too soft for it. The silicone would rupture at the position of the screw and the implant would be loose again.

Thats simply not true at all, and I would suggest you question where you learned that from. Actually I think i know exactly where you learned it from, and if its what i think it is, it is an article written by a moron from JSF posted on some surgery website he tried to make a buck off. It is true that many surgeons do NOT use fixture for chin implants, because many of them view it as unecessary, but plenty do use fixture and thats especially true of jaw implants which are more prone to displacement than a chin implant is because of the anatomy. Eppley for example, uses screw fixture for all of his implants, and you can see scans on his website in case you think he is making it up. I'm still waiting on that evidence that proves PEEK is more resistant to infection.

You are really overplaying the softness of silicone. The silicone used in facial augmentation is not the same as the silicone used in breast implants. The durometer of facial implants of all kinds is very similar. There is no significant difference between a medpor jaw angle implant and a silicone jaw angle implant in firmess, for example. Once mounted over a bone, it is not soft AT ALL, not palpable even.

Secondly, i hate to break it to you, but thats how ALL implants are placed my guy, including so called "wraparound" jobs, which have to be sectioned into seperate pieces. This isnt a limitation of materials, this is a limitation of the SURGERY. Being able to place one whole contigious piece over your jawline would necessitate cutting your face open rather than going intraoral and leave you with a lot more trauma and a nice big scar for everyone to see.

anyway, to answer the question, David Dunaway of the UK does PEEK implants. Mommaerts last time I spoke to him was doing some stuff with PEEK, i dont know if hes even practicing anymore however he was finding the clinical experience exhausting and looking at going back into academia iirc. FWIW, mommaerts also has a bad repuation.

Its not easy to find surgeons in europe because many of them dont openly advertise and many work for big hospitals rather than having their own practices. Best thing to do is look up case studies and contact the authors by emails, if they cant help directly they may know someone who knows someone etc.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Ocelot, entropy137, Wallenberg and 3 others

Actually, I can tell you for a fact that the rumor about silicone implants not being able to be screw-fixated is false, as I have screws in all my silicone implants (bilateral midface implants, chin implant). I can actually feel the ends of the screws poking out of the orbital rim component of the midface implants.

Actually, I can tell you for a fact that the rumor about silicone implants not being able to be screw-fixated is false, as I have screws in all my silicone implants (bilateral midface implants, chin implant). I can actually feel the ends of the screws poking out of the orbital rim component of the midface implants.
Give it time. It will move.
I'm still waiting on that evidence that proves PEEK is more resistant to infection.
Its more resistant than Titanium. No data for comparison of PEEK and Silicone.

Give it time. It will move.

Why would it move? There are multiple screws holding the implants in place. Interested in hearing more on the matter

Could you share any of your recent thoughts/updates about the materials used in implants since it’s been a year since your initial comment. Thanks

I'm not aware of any changes. Probably more surgeons in Europe using PEEK and fewer using Medpor.

• +1
Ramieri in Italy does custom PEEK, I know cause I inquired about custom zygo/orbiral implants. DM me if you wanna know the price.

• +1

"Barely anyone does PEEK in the US for the same reason barely anyone does titanium: there's no advantages over silicone,"

Absolutely not.

They're not doing it because it's hella expensive to produce in the USA relative to Europe.

It has every advantage over silicone.

One major being it doesn't literally eat into and erode your fucking skull over time - PEEK can be fixated correctly and properly while silicone can only be partially secured. Imagine trying to screw a rubbery substance onto bone with titanium screws.

"Barely anyone does PEEK in the US for the same reason barely anyone does titanium: there's no advantages over silicone,"

Absolutely not.

They're not doing it because it's hella expensive to produce in the USA relative to Europe.

It has every advantage over silicone.

One major being it doesn't literally eat into and erode your fucking skull over time - PEEK can be fixated correctly and properly while silicone can only be partially secured. Imagine trying to screw a rubbery substance onto bone with titanium screws.

I'm very confident that it costs less to manufacture in the US than it does in Europe. I'd bet my life on it. And the cost would be on the patient, not the surgeon, so its a non-issue.

I've yet to see anyone produce any evidence that PEEK and/or titanium produce better outcomes than silicone. As for the idea that silicone causes erosion:

"In conclusion, the phenomenon of chin implant erosion is a myth. Rather it is the mislabeling of a natural process of tissue adaptation to the presence of an implant. It is neither active, inflammatory or a progressive process. Rather it is a passive tissue remodeling process that is self-limiting and of no aesthetic or biologic concern. It is not exclusive to silicone chin implants and can occur with all chin implant materials."
"...
"...interestingly, such tissue remodeling is not seen on any other facial implantation site other than that of the chin."

As for screw fixation, i could very easily imagine trying to fixate a rubbery substance onto bone. Such fixation of rubber (sometimes literally silicone) to metal happens all the time in machinery, especially in concerns where a very hard plastic would fracture or shear off... why do you think it would be different for fixation to bone?

A cursory google search for silicone implant screw fixation reveals plenty of positive affirmation that silicone implants can indeed be easily fixated by screw, and not a single report of inability to be properly secured that I can see.

Do you have any evidence for these claims? If not then this is all just conjecture, and I'm yet to see a surgeon publicly his credibility behind the claim that PEEK (or any other material) is superior to silicone for facial implants.

• +1
Reactions: Wallenberg and Administrator
I'm very confident that it costs less to manufacture in the US than it does in Europe. I'd bet my life on it. And the cost would be on the patient, not the surgeon, so its a non-issue.

I've yet to see anyone produce any evidence that PEEK and/or titanium produce better outcomes than silicone. As for the idea that silicone causes erosion:

"In conclusion, the phenomenon of chin implant erosion is a myth. Rather it is the mislabeling of a natural process of tissue adaptation to the presence of an implant. It is neither active, inflammatory or a progressive process. Rather it is a passive tissue remodeling process that is self-limiting and of no aesthetic or biologic concern. It is not exclusive to silicone chin implants and can occur with all chin implant materials."
"...
"...interestingly, such tissue remodeling is not seen on any other facial implantation site other than that of the chin."

As for screw fixation, i could very easily imagine trying to fixate a rubbery substance onto bone. Such fixation of rubber (sometimes literally silicone) to metal happens all the time in machinery, especially in concerns where a very hard plastic would fracture or shear off... why do you think it would be different for fixation to bone?

A cursory google search for silicone implant screw fixation reveals plenty of positive affirmation that silicone implants can indeed be easily fixated by screw, and not a single report of inability to be properly secured that I can see.

Do you have any evidence for these claims? If not then this is all just conjecture, and I'm yet to see a surgeon publicly his credibility behind the claim that PEEK (or any other material) is superior to silicone for facial implants.
Off the shelf taylor lateral silicone jaw angle implants eroded about 5-7mm into my jaw in just 1 year on my left and right mandibular angles respectively, with bone spurs starting to grow over the top of them. I have the ct scans to prove it.

Also, fwiw Yaremchuk told me in person that even though he mostly uses silicone nowdays, in his opinion medpor yields a harder more defined result in the mandible independent of implant design.

• +1
Off the shelf taylor lateral silicone jaw angle implants eroded about 5-7mm into my jaw in just 1 year on my left and right mandibular angles respectively, with bone spurs starting to grow over the top of them. I have the ct scans to prove it.

Also, fwiw Yaremchuk told me in person that even though he mostly uses silicone nowdays, in his opinion medpor yields a harder more defined result in the mandible independent of implant design.
I would love to see your CT scan showing 5-7 mm of erosion at each of your jaw angles. This is such an absurd claim it's laughable - the average thickness of the ramus in men is around 8 mm.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Ocelot, Administrator and Cretinous

please share it if true

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4054
I would love to see your CT scan showing 5-7 mm of erosion at each of your jaw angles. This is such an absurd claim it's laughable - the average thickness of the ramus in men is around 8 mm.

Since you'd love to see it, here's the right side. It eroded and remodeled inward, bone grew over the top, and there was approximately 7mm of resorption at the inferior border of the gonial angle measured with the ct software by the surgeon who fixed it. Two pics with the bone spur intact, and one with it digitally removed so you can see the extent of the erosion better

Angle
Angle2
Angle3

• +1
Since you'd love to see it, here's the right side. It eroded and remodeled inward, bone grew over the top, and there was approximately 7mm of resorption at the inferior border of the gonial angle measured with the ct software by the surgeon who fixed it. Two pics with the bone spur intact, and one with it digitally removed so you can see the extent of the erosion better

View attachment 995851View attachment 995852View attachment 995854
Looks pretty bad, but the bony overgrowth makes it look worse than it actually is. I would not say it is even close to 7mm of resorption. How was it measured? I doubt you have a pre-surgical CT since this your implant appears to have been off the shelf rather than custom.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Administrator and Deleted member 4054

so what did you do ? removed ?
also how big was your implants? what cause this ? please give more details.

• +1
Looks pretty bad, but the bony overgrowth makes it look worse than it actually is. I would not say it is even close to 7mm of resorption. He was it measured? I doubt you have a pre-surgical CT since this your implant appears to have been off the shelf rather than custom.

True. Measured from the rear with the software filling in the volume needed to maintain the approximate original contour of the ramus. Yes it's an approximation, but it's in that ballpark. When viewed from the rear you could really see how the bone both eroded and remodeled inward. And to clarify I don't believe this was a direct result of them being silicone, I believe it was a function of them being off the shelf and slightly mobile since they weren't secured properly and don't contour well to the underlying bony anatomy.

• +1
True. Measured from the rear with the software filling in the volume needed to maintain the approximate original contour of the ramus. Yes it's an approximation, but it's in that ballpark. When viewed from the rear you could really see how the bone both eroded and remodeled inward. And to clarify I don't believe this was a direct result of them being silicone, I believe it was a function of them being off the shelf and slightly mobile since they weren't secured properly and don't contour well to the underlying bony anatomy.
have your face noticable changed after this happened ?

• +1
Reactions: Administrator and Deleted member 4054
have your face noticable changed after this happened ?

Not an easy answer since I had the silicone replaced with medpor which looked good, then attempted to revise the medpor like an idiot because a surgeon said it'd be no problem and I wanted custom medpor implants, got completely botched, then had two more surgeries just to remove the residual medpor, then bimax with implants lol. I've been through it all and have quite a bit of masseter and mentalis damage as a result. The resorption was the least of my probs

• +1
Not an easy answer since I had the silicone replaced with medpor which looked good, then attempted to revise the medpor like an idiot because a surgeon said it'd be no problem and I wanted custom medpor implants, got completely botched, then had two more surgeries just to remove the residual medpor, then bimax with implants lol. I've been through it all and have quite a bit of masseter and mentalis damage as a result. The resorption was the least of my probs
wow damn... i was considering going with eppley then find a local surgeon who does lots of succesful implants and thinking i'll get from him in march bu this scared a little bit. so what's your final advice for me, except not using silicone lol ?

• +1
wow damn... i was considering going with eppley then find a local surgeon who does lots of succesful implants and thinking i'll get from him in march bu this scared a little bit. so what's your final advice for me, except not using silicone lol ?
I have no problem with using silicone if it's custom and affixed with screws. As for the local surgeon I can't advise you one way or another, just do your due diligence, use your better judgement and don't let your desire for the surgery cause you to ignore any red flags.

• +1
Reactions: Administrator and randomvanish
Look, guys, this is going in a circle.

I posted over a year ago asking for evidence for any of these common claims, and not one person has even attempted to provide evidence. That's pretty telling.

These fads come and go. I remember when medpor was the PSL du jour, and now most PSLers think (correctly) that its shit.

If it were so obvious that PEEK (or any other material) is so superior, it should be very easy for you to provide some compelling literature proving that to be the case. We should also see surgeons chomping at the bit to use PEEK, but instead what we've seen is a lot of reluctance to switch from surgeons, citing no better outcomes and more difficulty to use and higher costs.

If you are so sure silicone erodes bone, you should be able to
1. show cases where that happened and
2. Prove that this is a result of silicone and not a result of having a foreign body against the bone. In other words: that other material implants DONT cause erosion

If silicone CANT be fixated reliably, then why are there so many examples of silicone fixture in the literature (that even a cursory google search would reveal), why do so many surgeons use fixture of silicone implants?

Insistent and confident conjecture is still conjecture.

• +1
Reactions: Wallenberg, Ocelot, Administrator and 1 other person
Within this thread implant material was discussed. If you could skim through the thread and then give your insight that would be greatly appreciated. If not, hopefully @RealSurgerymax can.
I only use peek or titanium

That didn’t really answer my question but that’s alright. However, I have another question.

View attachment 997440

Here is a design for an infraorbital-malar implant from Dr. Eppley. Now my question is, would you be willing/able to do a design similar to this with PEEK? The infraorbital rim is being vertically enhanced by 4-5 mm’s! (I have more pictures if needed.)

Hmmmm no, a rigid implant of that size couldn't be inserted in a safe way. At least I think I couldn't do it. Silicone would be my material of choice for that.

• +1
Hmmmm no, a rigid implant of that size couldn't be inserted in a safe way. At least I think I couldn't do it. Silicone would be my material of choice for that.
is bone resorption from fixated implants common ? i mean how many cases you encounter with it

I have no problem with using silicone if it's custom and affixed with screws. As for the local surgeon I can't advise you one way or another, just do your due diligence, use your better judgement and don't let your desire for the surgery cause you to ignore any red flags.
so your implants weren't fixated with screws?

The initial ones weren't, no.
i'm asking because i will probably end up with medpor chin implant + lateral silicone jaw implants (fixated)

is bone resorption from fixated implants common ? i mean how many cases you encounter with it
I can’t really give you a serious answer,that would require serious research I am not willing to do.

I don’t place many implants as I prefer osteotomies and, when I use implants, I don’t make those huge implants... yet 😅

Every now and then some patient consult to get a chin silicon implant replaced by PEEK.

• +1
Reactions: randomvanish

I still don't understand the outcome.

After all these resorption and removing the old implant, did you see a weaker gonial visually ?

Why medpor chin implant? Good luck taking it out if you ever decide you don’t like it. Genioplasty mogs in almost every single way.
i'm not recessed, my problem is pointy&feminine chin. i need wide chin , genio cannot give that.

• Hmm...