otoplasty: possible cosmetic risks and side effects (untold truth)

Lorsss

Lorsss

mod. Username: Lorsss
Staff
if you have prominent ears otoplasty is a life-changing surgery that can boost your facial masculinity more than any custom implant by Doctor Eppley. however pinning ears back may cause ear deformities that will make your ears look goofy

this picture contains the anatomy terminology I will use below

1: outward ear lobes. After the surgeon pins the ears back, the ear lobes may be deformed into a outward position. A way to fix them is a ear lobe surgery, which is extremely cheap: 300 to 800 dollars. Another way to turn lobes down is simply wearing a heavy earring.
If the outward lobes are caused by an overcorrected concha (see the above anatomy picture) the only way to fix the lobes is a revision otoplasty.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2: the upper part of the ear (upper helix) is downward.

this flaw is directly fixable with a revision otoplasty or maybe wearing an ear piercing like this

I noticed most times the upper part of the ear does is not actually downward, in fact this appearance is caused by a mid-ear overcorrection.
in this morph I increased the outward prominence of the mid-ear, leaving the upper ear untouched. as you can see the upper ear does not appear downward anymore

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3: mid-ear pinned back too much: as I said before, if the mid-ear turns out to bee pinned back too much, your ears will have the shape of a banana.

with a revision otoplasty you can fix this flaw, however it's possible to do it for free by following this method:
40-50 days after the surgery your ears will have taken their final form, but the cartillage is still very malleable so you could put an object behind the ear to increase it's distance from the head, this practice will modify the mid-ear on the long term.
do you remember the facepull headger by CopeAndRope? a similar headgear could be used to pull overcorrected ears outward.

4: rare otoplasty side effects

if your ear does not have an antihelix fold, the surgeon will create it artificially by reconstructing your cartillage.
there is a chance this kind of otoplasty will make your ear look like the ears I posted below.
the woman underwent a revision otoplasty and it gave her a stunning improvement.

(my left ear currently looks even worse then theese ears, but the surgeon told me it will look much better in next months)

5: minor otoplasty side effects
after my otoplasty I noticed the upper helix of my left ear has lost sensisitivity, that means if I touch there my skin feels nothing (and can't feel pain)
another think I need to mention is hair loss: after the surgery you will have to wear a bendage and an elastic band that won't let your scalp breath. As results you will notice a lot of hair loss.
I don't know if theese two side effects are irreversible or not, I will let you know in future

in conclusion I need to assert this thread is not aimed to advise you not to get an otoplasty: even if your ears turn to be deformed, you can still grow your hair a bit more to hide ears, and this was not possible when you had prominent ears because they popped out from the long hair

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: JL~, Moneymaxxed, randomvanish and 3 others
High IQ post

Do you think getting an otoplasty can significantly improve your looks?
And most importantly why/how?

I had ear pinning when I was 21. One of my ears ended up with an extra fold similar to the antihelix fold in the picture. The doctor offered to fix it, but the thought of the pain involved in getting that much cartridge removed scared me and I have just live with it. Of course you can not see it from the front. And the only people that have ever commented on it where Plastic surgeons. As a man I doubt it impacts my looks

• +1
Reactions: Lorsss
i had my ears pinned back and it made a good improvement.

but i didnt have them pinned back all the way, wish they were pinned directly to the skull. Thinking about buying otosticks and pinning them back with that