Over The Counter "Adapalene" Gel.

StoicNihilist

StoicNihilist

Ascended Truecel.
The only skin cream product that isn't a cope and actually worth using is Retiniods.

Retin-A, Tazorac, Adapalene, ect.

All of which usually required a prescription to obtain. But Adapalene (a milder retinoid) is now available over the counter and sold under the brand name Differin.

Benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, all of those are fucking copes and don't do shit.

Retinoids will not only help with acne, but will also improve collagen production, skin cell turnover, and improve acne scarring. These are the only skin creams worth using. All else is a waste of money.

You can find it in most stores now as it has become popular, but here is where you can get it online:
https://www.cvs.com/shop/differin-gel-prodid-1190782

Screenshot 20190822 055033 Samsung Internet

I’ve been using it for almost 2 years now. It’s weak af, and pretty much cope.

• +1
Reactions: Mateusz74 and Deleted member 1849
I’ve been using it for almost 2 years now. It’s weak af, and pretty much cope.

That's a bummer.

I've been using topical retinoids after stopping Accutane and they work well.

If adapalene isn't doing it for you, try getting a prescription for some Retin-A cream. It contains the active ingredient of Accutane and is basically just the topical version of it.

Adapalene is a weaker retinoid, which is probably why it was approved for non prescription use. But its still a retinoid non the less, and is miles better than any other skin care product you can currently buy in stores.

Last edited:
I use prescription 0.3% and it's a wonder drug.

• +1
Reactions: Peachy
The only skin cream product that isn't a cope and actually worth using is Retiniods.

Retin-A, Tazorac, Adapalene, ect.

All of which usually required a prescription to obtain. But Adapalene (a milder retinoid) is now available over the counter and sold under the brand name Differin.

Benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, all of those are fucking copes and don't do shit.

Retinoids will not only help with acne, but will also improve collagen production, skin cell turnover, and improve acne scarring. These are the only skin creams worth using. All else is a waste of money.

You can find it in most stores now as it has become popular, but here is where you can get it online:
https://www.cvs.com/shop/differin-gel-prodid-1190782

View attachment 100821
Actually basically every product sold for better skin worked for me, no drastic results but with time it definitely improved my skin a lot

I've been using Retin a for 5 years now and it saved my skin

Differin is corrosive as shit, it fucking kills my skin moisture and collagen levels so I look like Freddy Krueger's passport photo when I accidentally open the front camera but somehow my acne still survives :feelswhy:

I use prescription 0.3% and it's a wonder drug.
Same here. All my red marks are fading pretty quickly and if something new pops on my face, it dries up overnight and then it's gone the next day.

benzoyl peroxide is no cope

i use epiduo gel cream and it removed my acne

That's a bummer.

I've been using topical retinoids after stopping Accutane and they work well.

If adapalene isn't doing it for you, try getting a prescription for some Retin-A cream. It contains the active ingredient of Accutane and is basically just the topical version of it.

Adapalene is a weaker retinoid, which is probably why it was approved for non prescription use. But its still a retinoid non the less, and is miles better than any other skin care product you can currently buy in stores.
so is retin a like accutane. Can it stunt growth? And have all the horrible side effects.

I have been using it for a while after Accutane, seems to lessen acne. If I watch my diet, I have clear skin. I haven't seen much of an improvement on hyperpigmentation and scarring, though.

There are not that many studies on Differin, but it would only make sense that it has anti-aging properties, since it is a retinoid. My face gets a bit dry and 'tight' after application, so it probably works... Either way, I will try to upgrade to Retin-A.

Mongoloid

I've tried literally everything you could conceive of for my acne.

Only Accutane and topical retinoids did anything for it.

I've tried literally everything you could conceive of for my acne.

Only Accutane and topical retinoids did anything for it.
Oh you have acne, that explains why you think the way you do.

Oh you have acne, that explains why you think the way you do.

Yeah dude... for cystic acne?

Both oral and topical Retinoids are the only answers. All else is cope.

Benzoyl peroxide? Salicylic acid? Antibiotics? They all did jack shit.

It contains the active ingredient of Accutane and is basically just the topical version of it.
No no this is wrong. They have similarities but are two different drugs. Tretinoin makes your skin cells regenerate faster. Isotretinoin slows oily sebum production. The main cause of acne is sebum overproduction which is why it Isotretinoin is the considered to be the most effective treatment for acne.