Palpebral Fissure Length to Facial Width Ratio (An Indicator for a Harmonious Eye Area)

PurplePaintBox

PurplePaintBox

Average white girl is hideous
Palpebral Fissure Length to Facial Width Ratio (An Indicator for a Harmonious Eye Area)

Eye area is a controversial looksmaxxing topic with a wide variety of theories including the eye shape, palpebral fissure length, interpupillary distance, canthal tilt angle, orbital rims, etc. This guide focuses on one of the contributing ratios developed in mind to account for the fact for how commonly individuals measure and compare the measurements to others online of their palpebral fissure lengths in its rawest form alone - without accounting for its relationship with other facial proportions. As skull width varies wildly from individual to individual due to ethnic differences and differing patterns of testosterone levels varying through ones life mainly from the level of prenatal testosterone exposure and through puberty, this ratio theory also takes into account the factors that are fixed or a developmental process that has already taken place.

Disclaimer: This ratio is only one contributing indicator towards the attractiveness of the face, just like the midface to IPD ratio cannot be a single decisive measurement to denote ones level of attractiveness.

Palpebral Fissure Length to Facial Width Ratio = Width of skull at medial canthus level / (Sum of palpebral fissure length for both eyes/2)

I will shorten the term for palpebral fissure length to facial width ratio as the PFLFW ratio throughout this guide

Method

To reduce errors created by lens distortion influencing the photos I used to measure the ratios, I calculated the ratio from different types of photos including model photoshoots, front profile shots, and average phone camera photos for each individual which uses lenses with different diameters from short to wide-angle lenses. Ratios in close numerical ranges were averaged together while outliers outside a 0.2-0.3 range were not included in the final calculation.

You may have noticed I haven't added Jordan Barrett to this list. This is because most people on this forum do not have a compact skull/midface and long PFL like Barrett and adding his results would most definitely skew the results alongside other of the male models on this forums who have longer, more commonly existing skulls among the male gender. If you do want to know, using this method to measure the PFLFW ratio is actually quite simple.

I calculated several male models PFLFW ratio that many people on this forum use as reference as looksmaxxing deities including:
Francisco Lachowski - 4.0625
Sean O'Pry - 4.6
David Gandy - 4.2222
Johannes Huebl - 4.625
Henry Cavill - 4.2666

You might have noticed that these ratios are in the 4-4.7 range. As this is a small sample of male models I used, obviously there will be male models that might have ratios slightly below 4 or slightly above 4.7. I'd conclude that the closer your PFLFW ratio is to these ranges, the more attractive your eye area will be. Anything outside the 4-4.8 range is instantly subhuman tier. If your ratio comes out as below 4 you're probably a close blood relative of Mesut Ozil. If its above 4.7 you probably look like this soulless down-syndrome looking fat ginger:

Example of Henry Cavill using this method:

henry cavill geo hw.jpg

Result: 4.5

Example of an unattractive male using this method:

dude in jail.jpg

Result: 5.3846

Conclusion
As long as your PFLFW ratio is between that 4-4.7 range, it should be close to the average range for model tier in that specific ratio category. In the grand scheme of looksmaxxing as a whole process, the PFLFW ratio is not as significance on its own to denote ones attractiveness or eye area harmony. It should be used in conjunction with other eye area ratio measurement attractiveness indicators such as IPD and FWHR to fully determine the proportionate measurements of ones eye area in relation to the varying skull widths and shapes.

Thanks for reading. Hope this guide aids you in your looksmaxxing endeavors.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: thecel, AscendingHero, Deleted member 4053 and 3 others
4.39 is my result from non distorted pic

• +1
Reactions: thecel and didntreadlol
Very good post must be stickied

• +1
Reactions: thecel, didntreadlol and PurplePaintBox
Good quality post, greycel

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4053 and didntreadlol
  • +1
Reactions: didntreadlol
Glad it was helpful, 24/7inmyroompostingdayandnighttoobtaindifferentcolourednameonincelforumcel.
My name Coloring came with time, I don’t really care about it or ever posted to increase it, just thought it was funny to point out you wrote a good post and happen to be new here.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 3202 and didntreadlol
Ive seen this exact post before

• +1
Last edited:
  • +1
My name Coloring came with time, I don’t really care about it or ever posted to increase it, just thought it was funny to point out you wrote a good post and happen to be new here.
Ive seen this exact post before
my result is 3.65

is that good?

• +1
  • +1
  • +1
  • +1
its like around .52 for my es ratio I've used like 10 images now
You’re being a nonce.

You could use 100 images. If they’re all distorted the number of images you use is meaningless.

• +1
You’re being a nonce.

You could use 100 images. If they’re all distorted the number of images you use is meaningless.
they aren't distorted

I have really high pfl and really low bizygomatic

• +1
  • +1
  • +1
You can PM me it if you don’t feel comfortable

• +1
  • +1
BC53DD07 A615 4CEC BFC4 A4CA531A23FF

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: didntreadlol and Deleted member 3043
I think mine is 4.6 but why would you use a photo of cavill when he's not even facing the camera?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and didntreadlol
lol "chads" try and take one without squinting like a faggot

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and didntreadlol
Anything outside the 4-4.8 range is instantly subhuman tier. If your ratio comes out as below 4 you're probably a close blood relative of Mesut Ozil. If its above 4.7 you probably look like this soulless down-syndrome looking fat ginger:
Screen Shot 2020 03 22 at 54847 PM

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Deleted member 3043 and didntreadlol
Anything outside the 4-4.8 range is instantly subhuman tier. If your ratio comes out as below 4 you're probably a close blood relative of Mesut Ozil. If its above 4.7 you probably look like this soulless down-syndrome looking fat ginger:
View attachment 322994
caged

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Deleted member 3962
4.5 for me

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
I think that the eyebrows play a larger role in this kind of ratio. If the distance between the highest point of the eyebrows is too large compared to the bigonial width (a problem I have), the whole face will look unbalanced and top-heavy

• +1
Is my pfl ok
is my pfl ok

inb4 negatilve tilt

• +1