Permanent cure for hairloss?

ShredPill

ShredPill

Fast Banana Marketing expert
• I began to notice my hairline receding in my late teens. Its pretty shocking to look in the mirror and see more and more of your scalp each month. I also suffered with acne at the time so went through a course of accutane, and was considering starting fin when I finished my treatment.
• But a few months in my hairline stopped retreating, and has actually stayed exactly the same 3 years later. I made a thread recently with a study showing that accutane permanently down regulates androgen receptors (atleast as deep as the skin).

Could this be a permanent cure androgenic alopecia? If the androgens arent able to connect with the ARs in the scalp at the same volume then follicle miniaturisation will happen at a much lower rate. Just a theory, but something that ive noticed.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1100
For someone with legit balding I feel like the level you would need to do it at would fuck your whole body up

• +1
Reactions: 6'4 looksmaxxxer and ShredPill
For someone with legit balding I feel like the level you would need to do it at would fuck your whole body up
definitely. I think for more milder cases it could be a cure. Its not exactly known how long the AR effect lasts either

Either accutane helped, or your remaining hair follicles weren't as sensitive as the ones you lost

• +1
Reactions: 6'4 looksmaxxxer and ShredPill
take a shower

• +1
Reactions: ShredPill
People are experimenting with topical retinol afaik, don't know about oral/topical isotretinoin though

• +1
Reactions: RAITEIII and ShredPill
People are experimenting with topical retinol afaik, don't know about oral/topical isotretinoin though
You mean tretinoin can stop hairloss?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3990 and ShredPill
holy shit, if that's true then i'm never gonna be bald JFL

went on accutane for 6 months

• +1
I have zero evidence for either claim
Yes I've read about this. Could you share your personal opinion about it?
Yes I've read about this. Could you share your personal opinion about it?
Btw weren't there reports about accutane causing hairloss or im crazy lol

• +1
holy shit, if that's true then i'm never gonna be bald JFL

went on accutane for 6 months
nvm, just read your other thread, i took it at 15 :feelsrope:

Could you share your personal opinion about it?

Mechanisms of action of tretinoin are not 100% clear to begin with, there are no studies/experiments/proposed MOAs for AGA as well, combine that with my limited knowledge on the topic and I can't really give you a valuable opinion.

It has been shown to increase efficacy of minoxidil though.

Edit : found a study that shows improvement of AGA with topical tretinoin as well as in combination with minoxidil - https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S019096228680024X (put it trough scihub for the full article)

Also, came across an interesting case-report of a man who saw incredible beard growth after topical tretinoin - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27886445 (put it trough scihub for the full article)

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: forwardgrowth, RAITEIII and LordNorwood
It has been shown to increase efficacy of minoxidil though.
One of the proposed mechanisms for minoxidil is also downregulation of the AR receptor as well. At the very least is damages the gene expression of the androgen receptor. Could be why theres a synergistic effect for hairloss

• I began to notice my hairline receding in my late teens. Its pretty shocking to look in the mirror and see more and more of your scalp each month. I also suffered with acne at the time so went through a course of accutane, and was considering starting fin when I finished my treatment.
• But a few months in my hairline stopped retreating, and has actually stayed exactly the same 3 years later. I made a thread recently with a study showing that accutane permanently down regulates androgen receptors (atleast as deep as the skin).

Could this be a permanent cure androgenic alopecia? If the androgens arent able to connect with the ARs in the scalp at the same volume then follicle miniaturisation will happen at a much lower rate. Just a theory, but something that ive noticed.
Where does it say permanent?

Where does it say permanent?
Wasnt this study but there was another one analysing the effects of accutane like 15months later and they were exactly the same. For people it works on, accutanes effects last forever (afaik)

Just shave it off bro

• JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: Toth's thot and Mr manlet
Wasnt this study but there was another one analysing the effects of accutane like 15months later and they were exactly the same. For people it works on, accutanes effects last forever (afaik)
I need to see that study, please can you try to find it?

Bump, such a shitty thread. Quite honestly the lowest IQ thread I have seen.

Accutane TRIGGERS androgenic alopecia, it does not prevent it. Accutane gave me telogen effluvium and at the rate it is going, it might be permanent.

• +1
Reactions: wasted