Philtrum length and Midface ratio

so if I have a longish nose already, should I forgo a rhinoplasty? If I shave the dorsal hump, it'll likely look longer from the front just based off some images I've played with. my philtrum is ~15mm

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Chadeep
If I shave the dorsal hump, it'll likely look longer from the front just based off some images I've played with.
I dont see how that would make your nose look longer tbh.

Do you have a downturned nose tip?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Chadeep
I dont see how that would make your nose look longer tbh.

Do you have a downturned nose tip?

It's a bit flat and downturned. The nose is wide from the front, after speaking with two docs they said if they build the bridge after shaving, it might appear longer because I'd have less width in the front. I've used some simulators and see what they're saying.

Basically their plan would be shaving the hump, narrowing the width, bringing the tip closer to the face (deproject it) with narrowing

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Chadeep and Deluded Normie
It's a bit flat and downturned. The nose is wide from the front, after speaking with two docs they said if they build the bridge after shaving, it might appear longer because I'd have less width in the front. I've used some simulators and see what they're saying.

Basically their plan would be shaving the hump, narrowing the width, bringing the tip closer to the face (deproject it) with narrowing
I dont think that would make much difference tbh, also if they are going to deproject and rotate your nose tip it should result in your nose looking less long from the front.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Chadeep and foreverugly1
I dont understand ,I have a short nose ,but its projection îs Bug ,do I have a compact midface?
Pls someone to tell me

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
I dont understand ,I have a short nose ,but its projection îs Bug ,do I have a compact midface?
I dont know, what do you mean with "big projection"? Do you have an overprojected nose? Is your nose tip downturned?

Pics would help tbh, if you dont want to post them publicly you can PM me.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401