Philtrum length and Midface ratio

D

Deluded Normie

Long philtrums are generally considered bad because people associate them with long midfaces, while it is true that an excessively long philtrum would result in a long midface, that is rarely the case.

In most cases long midfaces are caused by long nasal bridges and/or low interpupillary distances, e.g. Adam Driver and Marko Jarić.

HungryHeartsPremiere2015TribecaFilmFestival6ZN1LE IYKtx
Marko jaric basketball headshot photo

As you can see their philtrums look good, they would not benefit from having shorter philtrums.

A philtrum slightly longer than average is ideal for males, the average male philtrum length is 15mm according to FaceBase database:

The reason for this is that long philtrums and short noses are high prenatal testosterone traits, while long noses and short philtrums are low prenatal testosterone traits as you can see below:

H6 cd24589ec8a564b87a7fff8ce17493ee

A short philtrum would result in a disproportionate long nose, you need a good nose to philtrum length ratio to look good:
https://forum.****************/threads/blackpill-on-nose-to-philtrum-length-ratio.1284/

Of course for a long philtrum to look good you still need to have a Philtrum:Chin ratio of at least 2 and a low gonial angle.

Image002

So basically what you need to have a compact midface is a short nose and a high interpupillary distance, philtrum length is almost irrelevant.

You can still have a good midface ratio with a long philtrum:
Frank Morris 996091
IMG 4073
Aurelien Muller Polaroids 05 620x827
5e8f474377106

Now you might think that this only applies to DOM/Maesthetic guys and that prettyboys cant look good with a long philtrum, but thats not true, you can still look good with a long philtrum as a prettyboy:
53034698 853454031662863 5658633117423890493 n
Motw maksbehr pola03
Large 1541780996 5a33b220922e7be2ebac9cb268cedd74

• +1
Reactions: ellisadrian and Deleted member 6401
life fuel

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Chadeep and john2
@Gudru lifefuel

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401

this midface or it never began

• +1
just because rich piana and thanos have long philtrums and it looks masculine doesn't mean it looks GOOD. it looks fucking ogre and doesn't look aesthetic.
View attachment 349214
I said slightly above average, not super long philtrum.

ideal is compact midface AND short philtrum, like sean o pry and david gandy:
View attachment 349209View attachment 349210View attachment 349212
Gandy philtrum is not short.

O'Pry short philtrum only looks good because he has a wide IPD.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Chadeep
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Chadeep and androgenic
Ezgif 4 5bb15da61e17

"A philtrum slightly longer than average is ideal for males"
Download 7

• JFL
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: shogrim, Deleted member 6401, HighIQcel and 9 others
just because rich piana and thanos have long philtrums and it looks masculine doesn't mean it looks GOOD. it looks fucking ogre and doesn't look aesthetic.
View attachment 349214

ideal is compact midface AND short philtrum, like sean o pry and david gandy:
View attachment 349209View attachment 349210View attachment 349212
Same with big noses, it's considered a masculine feature since men have bigger noses cuz we have bigger muscles etc but it's still universally unattractive

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, HighIQcel and Chadeep
  • +1
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Chadeep and Deluded Normie
Lifefuel I have Short but Wide nose.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Entschuldigung and Deluded Normie
nose should be medium length and philtrum slightly longer than females. JFL thinking 10mm is the ideal for men it should be 13-15

• +1
nose should be medium length and philtrum slightly longer than females. JFL thinking 10mm is the ideal for men it should be 13-15
13mm is the average philtrum length for females...

I personally think that for males it should be between 15 and 17mm.

• +1
Which Matters more Philtrum length or Philtrum to Chin Ratio.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Deluded Normie
Which Matters more Philtrum length or Philtrum to Chin Ratio.
Philtrum length matters more, if you have a really long philtrum (20mm) it would still look bad even if you had a perfect Philtrum:Chin ratio, with a long philtrum you would need a comically huge chin to have a good Philtrum:Chin ratio.

• +1
Reactions: Effortless, Deleted member 6401 and Chadeep
Look at this subhuman, he should kill himself immediately, its over for him with that philtrum, right @looxmakser49?
c1fb97d47324408bb150c58331c59016.jpeg

• +1
Philtrum length matters more, if you have a really long philtrum (20mm) it would still look bad even if you had a perfect Philtrum:Chin ratio, with a long philtrum you would need a comically huge chin to have a good Philtrum:Chin ratio.
Mine is around 15-16mm last time I measured.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Deluded Normie
A philtrum slightly longer than average is ideal for males, the average male philtrum length is 15mm according to FaceBase database:
The reason for this is that long philtrums and short noses are high prenatal testosterone traits, while long noses and short philtrums are low prenatal testosterone traits as you can see below:
jfl at this cope lmaoo

• +1
But here they say it should 14-15mm 🤔
The average philtrum length is 15mm, so 15/16mm should be fine if you have a short nose and a good Philtrum:Chin ratio.

• +1
Your beloved Francisco Lachowski has a philtrum length of 14mm retard.
did i ask faggot? does that matter? i didnt talk about his philtrum or anything
the only reason he can pull it off his because of his tall chin
Fwacag

a philtrum like this is still 500x better

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, RecessedPrettyboy and Chadeep
did i ask faggot? does that matter? i didnt talk about his philtrum or anything
the only reason he can pull it off his because of his tall chin
View attachment 349309
View attachment 349310
a philtrum like this is still 500x better
opry doesnt even have a legit compact midface, his nose is long as hell and his ipd is wide

short philtrum and wide ipd are both low pren t traits whereas closer set eyes and short nose are high pren t

this is why fwhr is more accurate than midface ratio when it comes to measuring midface compactness

• +1
Reactions: Bromose, laske.7, Deleted member 6401 and 2 others
opry doesnt even have a legit compact midface, his nose is long as hell and his ipd is wide

short philtrum and wide ipd are both low pren t traits whereas closer set eyes and short nose are high pren t

this is why fwhr is more accurate than midface ratio when it comes to measuring midface compactness
50986-534ddab668cb10c4bd7654cb5ce7519e.gif

LMAOOO THIS COPE

• Love it
  • Ugh..
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Deleted member 3043 and Chadeep

this is the face of high prenatal testosterone:
79b578df63e7fbd674b6ece816928ad3

short nose, long philtrum, average ipd

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Bromose, laske.7, Deleted member 6401 and 3 others
this is the face of high prenatal testosterone:
View attachment 349317
short nose, long philtrum, average ipd
no faggot
ipd has VERY little to do with prenatal t
neither does philtrum length jfl
5E238DE6 E055 462D 9051 495D0ED6C62C

yes look at this dude getting testosterone mogged by that 13 year old looking faggot in ur avi

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Chadeep and Deleted member 3043
  • +1
Yes, it does.

Thats exactly what i said on the OP, for a long philtrum to look good you need a good Philtrum:Chin ratio.
i didnt ask autist
youre randomly mentioning chico's philtrum, not only did i not ask but o'pry's is better
also u said the average philtrum length is 15mm, and that above average length is ideal, did you not?
in this forum it's agreed that a philtrum length of around 12-13mm is ideal
Chico's is 14mm, still below average length, is it not?
jfl

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Deleted member 3043
You dumb fuck.
15.2mm is lenght of Chico philtrum
According to headsupdisplay's database is 14mm

Anyway if his philtrum is 15mm it is even better for me, it proves my point that 15mm philtrum or slightly above that is ideal for males.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5104, Deleted member 6401 and Chadeep
What Can You expect from a Forum Which Sucks Male Models Cock All Day. Harmony > Mogs Everything
stfu u fat ass subhuman

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Chadeep and Deleted member 3043
According to headsupdisplay's database is 14mm

Anyway if his philtrum is 15mm it is even better for me, it proves my point that 15mm philtrum or slightly above that is ideal for males.

15mm is ideal i was always saying that
Chico facial proportions are ideal

Also this lookism data isnt 100% accurate, there are some small errors.

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Chadeep and Deluded Normie
  • +1
i swear greycels and all cels here are making their own low iq bro science

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Chadeep and Vidyacoper
no faggot
ipd has VERY little to do with prenatal t
neither does philtrum length jfl
View attachment 349320
yes look at this dude getting testosterone mogged by that 13 year old looking faggot in ur avi
yea look at that fucked nosecel getting mogged by the biggest slayer in hollywood. most bitches would ride on leos dick whereas theyd find o'prey weird and aspie looking. also swallow this pill on pren t:

"Despite the overall tendency toward shorter and wider faces, lower 2D:4D was also associated with a relative lengthening and narrowing of the philtrum; conversely, a shorter and wider philtrum was apparent with higher 2D:4D in combination with the overall narrower and longer face."

"In another recent study, Veleminská et al. (23) reported that male faces were characterized by a tendency toward hypotelorism (reduction in the distance between the eyes) once the effect of size was removed. Our data suggest that within males, there was a tendency toward hypertelorism with lower 2D:4D."

COPE
COPE
COPE
COPE

• +1
Reactions: Bromose, Deleted member 6401 and Chadeep
i swear greycels and all cels here are making their own low iq bro science
jfl ikr
Thats female philtrum length lol.
nice cope, still more aesthetic and better looking, makes your chin taller in comparison to the rest of ur face and gives u a compact midface which is universally agreed as more attractive
dont cope
His philtrum is only slightly below average and fits him because he his a prettyboy.
cool nice. so then why did you say this, as if pretending his philtrum was longer than average or something:
Your beloved Francisco Lachowski has a philtrum length of 14mm retard.
jfl for the last time o'pry's philtrum>chico's

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, RecessedPrettyboy, Chadeep and 1 other person
yea look at that fucked nosecel getting mogged by the biggest slayer in hollywood. most bitches would ride on leos dick whereas theyd find o'prey weird and aspie looking. also swallow this pill on pren t:

"Despite the overall tendency toward shorter and wider faces, lower 2D:4D was also associated with a relative lengthening and narrowing of the philtrum; conversely, a shorter and wider philtrum was apparent with higher 2D:4D in combination with the overall narrower and longer face."

"In another recent study, Veleminská et al. (23) reported that male faces were characterized by a tendency toward hypotelorism (reduction in the distance between the eyes) once the effect of size was removed. Our data suggest that within males, there was a tendency toward hypertelorism with lower 2D:4D."

COPE
COPE
COPE
COPE
all this proves is that if o'pry's prenatal t was lower then his philtrum would be even shorter
jfl at calling o'pry a nosecel
most of what ur saying is just wrong and blatant cope
yeah dude just look at o'pry getting testosterone mogged by a literal twink, haha low prenatal t am i rite:

everyone in this thread can keep coping and telling themselves their long philtrums are due to "muhh prenatal t"
jfl at the cope

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, RecessedPrettyboy, Deleted member 3043 and 1 other person