[PHOTOS] OVERBITE : Should i get BIMAX OR JUST BSSO?

lyniahihi

lyniahihi

Bronze
Hey guys, i'm 30

I have overbite and my teeth are not good, they are not horrible but id like to have good teeth and smile, i feel it's very important

I went to a few orthodontist,

Option 1 : Braces and BSSO, bsso seems to be a safe & easy surgery doable by any maxillo surgeons afaik?

Option 2 : MSE & Imdo I asked the 3 different ortho about mse because my palate is small / medium and they explained its not needed and wont make much difference, and it will probably require imdo right ? No surgeons do imdo in France unfortunately, so this option seems over for me?
Also i think braces will make a bigger room in my palate because my teeth are grown inward and braces will move the teeths in the correct position

Option 3 : Braces and Bimax but since i think i'm not ugly and i always had GF so i'm not sure if bimax worth the risk ? Can it fix gummy smile ? Just not sure about this option

Thanks guys any help is appreciated

Last edited:
If you are bald right now I suggest you get your hair back or hair transplants. You do not need any surgeries.

You could probably get away with moderate forward movement for both jaws and like 1-2 degrees of CCW but nothing drastic. Your occlusion is fine besides the overbite.

@Pubertymaxxingcel i'm not bald, i just shaved everything because of quarantine

my occlusion is not good @MedMaxxing

Hey guys, i'm 30

I have overbite and my teeth are not good, they are not horrible but id like to have good teeth and smile, i feel it's very important

Option 1 : Braces and BSSO, bsso seems to be a safe & easy surgery doable by any maxillo surgeons afaik?

Option 2 : MSE & Imdo I asked the 3 different ortho about mse because my palate is small / medium and they explained its not needed and wont make much difference, and it will probably require imdo right ? No surgeons do imdo in France unfortunately, so this option seems over for me?
Also i think braces will make a bigger room in my palate because my teeth are grown inward and braces will move the teeths in the correct position

Option 3 : Braces and Bimax but since i think i'm not ugly and i always had GF so i'm not sure if bimax worth the risk ? Can it fix gummy smile ? Just not sure about this option

Ive also got overbite but havent gone to the dentist to measure the overlap yet. I think in our case Bimax is not needed since we only need the slight advancement of the lower jaw for it to match the upper and ur maxilla seems fine too so BSSO should suffice imo. Also what mm is ur overbite btw?

Hey guys, i'm 30

Did ur doc mentioned distractions for option 1? BSSO and braces.

@Pubertymaxxingcel i'm not bald, i just shaved everything because of quarantine

my occlusion is not good @MedMaxxing

No, I meant the plane it sits on. You would benefit from lining up the proper bit, but CCW is likely not needed since your mandible is rather parallel already. So it would be just straight advancement to get the proper bite.

lip lift also

Get it all

• JFL
Reactions: Whaddup
mse+imdo is clearly superior

if your maxilla is also recessed you could add le fort