Possible cure for hair loss - why hormones do not matter

does this work?

So it has been 25 days.
I figured I'll be collecting hair in the shower on a tile and it'd possibly represent some kind of progress. It's not an accurate way at all, to measure something as this, but it's easy and I try to collect every single hair. I try to make the showers around the same length and in general, everything do the same(shampoo, conditioner, way I wash, etc). But I've forgot to take pics a few times... These are results in a chronological order
View attachment 837119
View attachment 837122
View attachment 837124
View attachment 837125
I'll be continuing.
Haven't really felt anything, hairline *seems* to be the same. I do needle it a bit, when I don't forget about it.
25 days is too early for a significant difference. It takes some time. Also, as mentioned before, I wouldn't count on reversal of hairline recession/regrowth. It's more of a preventative measure for further hair loss, to at least slow down its progression

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10536
i have been obsessively learning about anti-aging these past few days, the rate at which the field is progressing is literally absurd, and the most recent studies are leading to shit regarding DNA methylation, studies with 50 ppl including prof's from ivy leagues are writing about the same shit you talked about in the OP

actually comical that the information leading the fore front of cellular anti-aging has already been posted by desperate retards just to mog

also -
Over time, the central nervous system (CNS) loses function and regenerative capacity5–7 . Using the eye as a model CNS tissue, here we show that ectopic expression of Oct4 (also known as Pou5f1), Sox2 and Klf4 genes (OSK) in mouse retinal ganglion cells restores youthful DNA methylation patterns and transcriptomes, promotes axon regeneration after injury, and reverses vision loss in a mouse model of glaucoma and in aged mice. The benefcial efects of OSK-induced reprogramming in axon regeneration and vision require the DNA demethylases TET1 and TET2. These data indicate that mammalian tissues retain a record of youthful epigenetic information— encoded in part by DNA methylation—that can be accessed to improve tissue function and promote regeneration in vivo

tldr - fucked old cells in old mice can be replaced with their "younger" cells by increasing DNA methylation, despite their DNA still having all the same mutations that it accumulated through natural processes

for the sake of science that is literally insane, but for the sake of looksmaxxing, it means @Bewusst is likely right on the money with his hypothesis regarding balding

Last edited:
  • +1
  • So Sad
  • Love it
Reactions: gribsufer1, mvp2v1, Deleted member 15827 and 4 others
I mentioned it already but I decided to make a thread about this. I hope you guys appreciate what I‘m about to share with you. I‘m tired of garbage threads.

Hair loss, androgenetic alopecia or male pattern baldness, is not caused by DHT. DHT triggers it but only under a certain circumstance. This circumstance being the loss of androgen receptor gene methylation in hair follicles (study).

What is AR gene methylation?
-> DNA methylation is a biological process of adding a methyl group to DNA.
In this case, adding a methyl group to the CpG island in the promoter region of the androgen receptor gene in hair follicles will reduce its expression. Think of it as an on/off switch and methylation turns gene expression off.

A common characteristic of MPB (male pattern baldness) is that it affects the top of the head (vertex) much more than the back of the head (occiput). This is because vertex hair follicles have much lower levels of methylation than occipital hair follicles and thus are a lot more sensitive to DHT. Occipital hair follicles have twice the amount of methylation, on average. Hence, the occiput is not affected as much from MPB.

If hormones really were to blame (they are not), you‘d see androgenetic alopecia begin in puberty and improve with the decline of men‘s T levels as they age and gain weight. But this isn‘t the case. It usually begins in one‘s mid- to late twenties or later in life and does not resolve on its own.
The real cause of AGA is a gradual decline in DNA methylation, which is also heavily involved in aging and the onset of diseases and cancer in general. So, instead of removing the signal (DHT) from the overactive androgen receptors, we should normalize their expression. If it works in puberty - lots of androgens but healthy levels of methylation = no hair loss - it‘ll work at any age. DHT does not matter. You need it for well-being. No more jewtasteride.

The solution?
-> Increase overall methylation in your body. The methylation cycle requires vitamin B2 (riboflavin), B6 (pyridoxine), B9 (folate) and B12 (cobalamin), methionine and choline. Deficiencies in dietary methyl donors can result in global hypomethylation and accelerate hair loss or the onset thereof.
Make sure to get plenty of all of the above every single day. If you already suffer from hair loss, take supplements. For B6, get pyridoxal-5-phosphate, for B9 L-5-methyltetrahydrofolate and for B12 methylcobalamin.
Make sure to eat enough protein as a source for methionine and to consume enough choline and minerals. Good mineral and trace element sources are unprocessed sugar cane syrup, fruits such as bananas and dates, leafy greens and whole grains.
You can add trimethylglycine (betaine) and S-Adenosylmethionine (SAMe) for a 100% guaranteed increase in methylation. Just make sure not to overdo the SAM, since hypermethylation isn’t your goal either.

Other things apart from methylation support you should be taking are vitamin C (read my guide) and D with its cofactors (A, K2, magnesium).

Tl;dr: If you want to keep your hair, increase methylation.
How? Take:

• riboflavin
• vitamin B6 as P-5-P
• vitamin B9 as L-5-MTHF
• vitamin B12 as methylcobalamin
• vitamin C
• vitamin A, D, K2 + magnesium
(• SAMe)
(• TMG (betaine))
• diet rich in (trace) minerals and with plenty of protein and choline.
Amazing protocol bro 🙌🏼 lets get that mirin hairline! Can we combine this with Dutasteride, or Fin or Dermapen?

What about MSM

Wow I'm going to try this. I wonder if megadosing it could allow for steroid and dht usage without having to deal with hair loss. Also I wonder if this has impacts on the nature of acne as well.

I have hair loss. I haven’t bothered enough yet to follow my own advice 100% since it isn’t that bad but I’ve started taking only B2+6+9 and instead of losing several handfuls of hair when I shower, I now only lose about one. It has definitely improved already.
what vitamin brand do you recommend ?

I wish this wasn't cope

Almost every guide on this site does more harm than good to naive teens. I suggest requiring citations for assertions on guide posts

Very high iq post. I am a long time member of hlt (more than 10 years of research in forums). I keep all my hair thanks to dermarrolling and iodine. I did the hair gains approach which includes this protocol and my hair improved a lot. This is legit.
Iodine? Can you explain how that works?

Iodine? Can you explain how that works?
iodine creates hair growth around scars, abd detmatolling creates scars, increasing detmarolling effectiveness