Post MSE Wide zygomas (eyes look lil too close now)

P

prurient

Banned
I recently got surgical mse w ting, to fix upper airway resistance syndrome and it absolutely fixed it.
(i had a narrow 36ishmm maxilla/paranasal from the extractions then braces i had as a preteen, causing inability to breath thru nose effectively, as well as narrowing and recession)..

but i have expanded 9mm and now my eyes look slightly closer together due to the widening of the zygomas..

Is there anyway to remedy this?

(my zygomas arent very forward projected to begin with, so I have been hardmewing since mse and have gotten some forward maxillary and zygoma growth, but im not sure if this will help the eye distance issue...also i plan to do mma surgery so if anyone has any knowledge of what i could do please lmk)

Last edited:
  • So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: AlwaysHaveQuestions and TheoryMaxxer
I highly doubt it’s a big a deal as you think, and you probably in reality look better.

its in your brain thats not how mse works, your eyes should have gotten spaced farther not closer

• +1
Reactions: PrisonMike and magnificentcel
no pics no care

• JFL
Reactions: HeavenAdmιn
its in your brain thats not how mse works, your eyes should have gotten spaced farther not closer
they got more turned upwards, are no longer downturned

how does that even make sense? there is no narrowing in MSE it’s all widening

he means they look closer since the bizygomatic width increases more than ipd (right?)

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3202, AlwaysHaveQuestions, Deleted member 5634 and 3 others
i never said that.... i said having extractions then braces as preteen caused narrowing

It's all relative. Your eyes didn't get closer together, they just occupy less space since your Zygos are a bit wider now.

he means they look closer since the bizygomatic width increases more than ipd (right?)
exactly, bizygomatic width def more than ipd, i dont see much ipd growth tbh

It's all relative. Your eyes didn't get closer together, they just occupy less space since your Zygos are a bit wider now.
No of course, i dont think they got closer only appear closer, which is why i wonder if there is a way to offset this?

• +1
Reactions: Subhuman Philtrum
No of course, i dont think they got closer only appear closer, which is why i wonder if there is a way to offset this?

Probably not, but don't think about it too much. The fact that you got some decent zygomatic expansion is huge. That's a great base for future MMA surgery. Do your Zygos flare at all now or just got wider?

Probably not, but don't think about it too much. The fact that you got some decent zygomatic expansion is huge. That's a great base for future MMA surgery. Do your Zygos flare at all now or just got wider?
very slightly flared, but more so just width, i think they will flare more with more anterior growth, as well as hollowing buccals

very slightly flared, but more so just width, i think they will flare more with more anterior growth...

Lifefuel. I am going to my ortho soon to ask if he endorses MSE. How much expansion did you get?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10097
Lifefuel. I am going to my ortho soon to ask if he endorses MSE. How much expansion did you get?
i think i did a little under 70 turns (i cant remember exactly bc my device started to max out and break, and cause a screw to fall out, but i also think i expanded too quickly 1.75 months ) and so 8.5-9mm

i think it has 90 turns,12cm in total which i guess it also a potential if your doctor says it okay, ting ive heard tries to talk ppl out of going past 60, which he did with me, going so far as to tell mi my 90 turn 12mm mse only had 72 turns total...

Last edited:
  • Love it
i think i did a little under 70 turns (i cant remember exactly bc my device started to max out and break, and cause a screw to fall out ) and so 8.5-9mm

My palate is relatively narrow too so I will likely go for 8-9 mm of expansion as well. How long were you turning for? 3 months I presume?

Did u need dental implants bc of prior extractions

• +1
Reactions: lutte
My palate is relatively narrow too so I will likely go for 8-9 mm of expansion as well. How long were you turning for? 3 months I presume?
actually only a little over month and half
i did surgical so they expanded 14 turns day of surgery, then 8 turns first week 4 extra turns on day 7 by surgeron during checkup, then one turn for the next 35ish days

actually a little over month and half
i did surgical so they expanded 14 turns day of surgery, then 8 turns first week 4 extra turns on day 7 by surgeron during checkup, then one turn for the next 35ish days

Hmm, interesting. I was under the impression that surgical assist didn't lead to any zygomatic expansion.

Hmm, interesting. I was under the impression that surgical assist didn't lead to any zygomatic expansion.
me too... but it def happens, however slight definitely changes balance of face

me too... but it def happens, however slight definitely changes balance of face

Do you find your breathing is a lot better? That's what I want the most.

Do you find your breathing is a lot better? That's what I want the most.
Yes absolutely! Nose Breathing is wildly better, my turbinates no long become compressed or stuck together... it is entirely worth it for the paranasal expansion

when i nose breathed before, it was usually on thru one nostril and even then air would barely come thru, and now it feel crazy wide in there

• +1
Reactions: highT and PrisonMike
no, i had premolars removed as preteen bc ortho did want to deal with them and go straight to braces
all 4 first premolars? if u dont mind me asking do you have long midface

all 4 first premolars? if u dont mind me asking do you have long midface
only first premolar on both sides , bc they were growing from the gum but higher than rest of teeth.. maybe only slightly long, but not much

Last edited:
Your es ratio has become lower. There are certain hairstyles that will improve the appearance of a low es ratio such as curtains.threads have been made about it here just look them up.

• +1
Reactions: PrisonMike and curryslayerordeath
no, i had premolars removed as preteen bc ortho did want to deal with them and go straight to braces

No, I'm asking if you needed implants after mse expansion because of your premolar extractions

No, I'm asking if you needed implants after mse expansion because of your premolar extractions
not that i kno of, but also i dont think so since ting nor surgeon has mentioned this, they did say i will have to wear permanent retainer after invisilign tho

There isn't any way to chance that (unless you want to shave your zygomas, which is a bad idea) but it shouldn't detract from your looks too much tbh. If you look more angular and have a wider face, that should offset the looks effect of any eye separation difference.

what do u plan to do for mma? if ur zygomas arent forward projected, you will most likely need smth done there post djs.

Last edited:
There isn't any way to chance that (unless you want to shave your zygomas, which is a bad idea) but it shouldn't detract from your looks too much tbh. If you look more angular and have a wider face, that should offset the looks effect of any eye separation difference.

what do u plan to do for mma? if ur zygomas arent forward projected, you will most likely need smth done there post djs.

ZSO could work for him now with more Zygos width.

so your ipd barely/didnt expand? how much did your lip width and nose expand?

so your ipd barely/didnt expand? how much did your lip width and nose expand?

mostly likely barely. and im not sure about how much lip width and nose, they did expand but its not very noticeable, most of the nasal expansion was paranasal...i kno some mse doctors measure their patients before and during/after but ting office isnt like that...

• +1
Yes absolutely! Nose Breathing is wildly better, my turbinates no long become compressed or stuck together... it is entirely worth it for the paranasal expansion

when i nose breathed before, it was usually on thru one nostril and even then air would barely come thru, and now it feel crazy wide in there
Huge lifefuel! How old are you? Did you need corticopuncture? I’m getting MSE soon but I’m in my mid 20s

Huge lifefuel! How old are you? Did you need corticopuncture? I’m getting MSE soon but I’m in my mid 20s
im 27.5, did surgical assist mse, so no corticopuncture

• +1
Reactions: highT
Did your es ratio change OP?

OP please post before and after photos. It will easily make it into the best of the best.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5634
shave zygos

I thought surgical assist didn't expand cheekbones

I recently got surgical mse w ting, to fix upper airway resistance syndrome and it absolutely fixed it.
(i had a narrow 36ishmm maxilla/paranasal from the extractions then braces i had as a preteen, causing inability to breath thru nose effectively, as well as narrowing and recession)..

but i have expanded 9mm and now my eyes look slightly closer together due to the widening of the zygomas..

Is there anyway to remedy this?

(my zygomas arent very forward projected to begin with, so I have been hardmewing since mse and have gotten some forward maxillary and zygoma growth, but im not sure if this will help the eye distance issue...also i plan to do mma surgery so if anyone has any knowledge of what i could do please lmk)
Did your eyes change like wider pfl or smth ?
or what other changes did u notice

• +1
Reactions: optimisticzoomer and RealSurgerymax
Send me pics bro plz and thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back