Posture Maxxing Secret

W

waterwater

Iron
I have always walked hunched over. I first noticed this in a picture someone took when I was 15 (now I am 27). I am still reminded of it when I see myself in pictures and videos. My father and his father also both have a hunch. Since then I have been trying to correct it, admittedly low effort.

Some things I have tried over the last 12 years that did not work:
  • imagining a hook in the sternum pulling my chest up
  • pinching back the scapula
  • holding myself up in the mirror for several minutes a day
  • various posture exercises from top videos on youtube and reddit
  • moving my weight to my toes, so my shoulders lean backwards to compensate
  • chest and back exercises at the gym (including rows, farmers walks, bench, incline press, and more)
This isn't a long list but it's everything I can remember trying. So for 27 years my posture has sucked. Right until last week.

What happened? Someone on this forum made a post describing one of the hottest girls in his class sitting upright in her chair for an hour straight without leaning back. A few hours later I was in the sauna and I tried to do this. In order to make sure I was sitting up straight, I pressed my back and head against the wall for a moment until I was straight as possible then I moved forward an inch and tried to hold that position. After a moment I again moved back an inch and pressed my back, neck, and head as flat as possible against the wall. Then I moved forward an inch and tried to maintain that position without leaning back or touching the wall.

I did this in the sauna for 10 minutes over the next three days. When I went to work I noticed people looking at me for longer. Initially I felt self conscious and hunched over again so they would stop looking at me. Then I realized what I was doing and just continued to stand up straight. Throughout the day I pressed up against the wall a few times to make sure I was still upright.

So far it has been one week. My posture is actually good now (after 27 years fuck me) and along with the mewing I just feel very good about how I am holding myself. I am getting a lot more looks.

This doesn't solve all my problems but it feels nice to have an important success finally.

Learn from my 12 years of posture failures and see if this works for you.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: stuckneworleans, Justttt, forwardgrowth and 4 others
wtf i see the girls at my university do that all the time at lectures

just follow stacies theory

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973
I pressed my back and head against the wall for a moment until I was straight as possible then I moved forward an inch and tried to hold that position. After a moment I again moved back an inch and pressed my back, neck, and head as flat as possible against the wall. Then I moved forward an inch and tried to maintain that position without leaning back or touching the wall.
Do I need to lean against the wall?

Did you grow taller?

sleep on the floor, fixes nerd neck and all the work is done for you while you sleep

• +1
Reactions: Ethnicope
Do I need to lean against the wall?

Did you grow taller?

I am standing taller because I am standing at my full height but I haven't grown any taller.

You may need to stand against the wall every now and then to calibrate your muscles to the proper position.

sleep on the floor, fixes nerd neck and all the work is done for you while you sleep

Not necessarily because it requires muscle to hold oneself in the proper posture. The method I describe helps develop muscle memory and strengthens the posture muscles over time. Sleeping on the floor in the proper posture doesn't require any muscle as far as I am aware although I have never tried it

I had perfect posture ma whole life

I am standing taller because I am standing at my full height but I haven't grown any taller.

You may need to stand against the wall every now and then to calibrate your muscles to the proper position.

Not necessarily because it requires muscle to hold oneself in the proper posture. The method I describe helps develop muscle memory and strengthens the posture muscles over time. Sleeping on the floor in the proper posture doesn't require any muscle as far as I am aware although I have never tried it
you talking about pressing your neck flat against a surface, sleeping on the floor is literally this for however may hours you sleep

Good job. I spent years trying to maintain my posture by exercising and stretching daily. Whenever I slacked I would relapse into lordosis. Ever since I began mewing and elongating my neck by chin tucking, I've never had to stretch or exercise anymore. My posture now stays perfect without me having to do anything other than mew and chin tuck throughout the day.

• +1
Reactions: mewcoper, StolenDays and forwardgrowth