potential most efficient body maxxing technique

aleksandr

aleksandr

Bronze
I wanted to give back to the community. Its something that I did recently, and I'm pretty happy with the results
I'm lazy so I wanted something super efficient. Here it is:

Exercise:
I followed a variant (lazy version) of roamstrong. Read up on it here https://roamstrong.com/workout-system/
Plan A - pull-ups or chinups (alternate each time) + plank for 60 seconds
Plan B - wall hand stand pushup + one legged squats. You could also even just go for a walk or a run for legs instead.

On Monday's, do plan A. On Wednesday's, do plan B, on Friday's do plan A. Then the next week Monday to plan B, etc. Just keep rotating through them.

Each of these exercises except the plank, you do 4-8 reps for 4 sets.
Can't do 4 pull-ups or 4 wall hand stand pushups? I don't blame you, I couldn't at the start. Go to the roamstrong site, and do an easier progression and build up to it. Right now I do 8 pullups x4 and 8 wall handstand pushups just to maintain. There are harder progressions, like single arm pullups but I'm happy with where I'm at and cbf doing more. Also keep in mind it's harder to build the strength but super easy to maintain.

When I wake up on a plan A day, I just bust out 8 pullups in my door frame. Then if i'm at home, 8 at lunch, 8 in the arvo, 8 before dinner. Its even easier if you split the sets over a whole day like this.

Note: I've chosen to only do these exercises (as opposed to the full roamstrong program), because I believe they will produce the best results in terms of a masculine physique with wider shoulders etc. I don't think a huge jacked body is the most aesthetic, you need to be lean with some muscle but not a tone. Also a huge jacked body is more effort, more money to maintain, and less healthy.

Diet:
For me this was the harder part. I researched that a 300 to 500 calorie deficit a day was ideal to lose weight, any more than that and you can yoyo-diet, lose motivation, destroy your metabolism, etc.

I like to eat large meals, so for me it made sense to skip breakfast and do intermittent fasting with my first meal at 12pm. Theres a whole host of health benefits to this, including anti-aging.

I used this website for calorie counting: https://cronometer.com/

Results:
Screen Shot 2020 11 25 at 51500 pm
Screen Shot 2020 11 25 at 51644 pm

In the before picture I'm 17.7% body fat (according to my cheap scale) at 83kg, and in the after I'm 15.4% body fat at 77kg. I think I also put on some muscle mass in the after.

The before and after photos have a time difference of 2 months. Now I no longer calorie count, nor do I try to progress on the body weight exercises. But I do continue intermittent fasting, and the exercises (without progressing any further strength gains) and I maintain the after physique pretty easily.

Last edited:
nice frame man, count your blessings.

• +1
Reactions: aleksandr and Deleted member 3020
for a workout cooldown i always meditate standing on one leg with the mantra, 'grow grow grow grow grow grow grow grow grow grow'