Pretty sure I’m experiencing hair thinning from accutane...

D

Deleted member 5927

Lurker
I’m seriously not enjoying this. I don’t really notice many hairs coming out in the shower, but I don’t remember my hair being this thin.

9FCE53D2 A831 4B1D 8ADD ACCE9A7F2183

seriously what the hell? When I look down I can see my fucking scalp. I’m quitting this shit for now. I wanted to finish my cycle before quitting but I don’t know if my hair was always like this or not.

anyone help me out? I’m pretty scared.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Golgo13, Deleted member 10516, Deleted member 6577 and 1 other person
Also I spike my hair up which makes it even more obvious

Hair loss, which can include a reduction in hair count and hair density, is an undesirable side effect of isotretinoin treatment. A 2013 study showed that this hair loss was temporary, although hair thinning may continue after treatment has stopped.

This I found from googling.

@Gunnersup thoughts?

Hair loss, which can include a reduction in hair count and hair density, is an undesirable side effect of isotretinoin treatment. A 2013 study showed that this hair loss was temporary, although hair thinning may continue after treatment has stopped.

This I found from googling.
Thank you but I’m scared so i just want to know if it’s going to go away or not I really liked having normal hair...

I see you enjoy posting my saved video
lol I cut this out from the original youtube video a while ago, pretty sure I first posted it

• Hmm...
Reactions: Hozay
i posted that before you son. look at my join date.
that means you're a brother from another mother and we both saved the same clip

• +1
Reactions: Hozay
Thank you but I’m scared so i just want to know if it’s going to go away or not I really liked having normal hair...

Its only temporary and it likely caused by taking high amount of that drug.

Its only temporary and it likely caused by taking high amount of that drug.
Yeah I blasted like 80mg a day for a long time then cut it down to 20mg for the last 2 months but I just noticed my scalp is super fucking visible. I don’t know it scares me. The feeling is terrifying. I am NOTHING without my hair.

Stop use. Dont need to megadose tbh, i got hairloss at 10 mg, (Im Also 5'11 manlet tbh)

I’m seriously not enjoying this. I don’t really notice many hairs coming out in the shower, but I don’t remember my hair being this thin.

View attachment 999824

seriously what the hell? When I look down I can see my fucking scalp. I’m quitting this shit for now. I wanted to finish my cycle before quitting but I don’t know if my hair was always like this or not.

I didnt lose hair from it how many mg and since when do you take it?

So many people lose their hair from this apparently. Common thread over on r/tressless

Dude did it come back? Ok I’m fucking done taking it
Stopped the day after but im still dry as fuck and have stomach issues lol, i was using like the worst brand possible tho

holy shit, over. Arent you 6'8 though?

View attachment 999824

I also experience hair loss but I am not on accutane. Any ideas why this happens?

Ngl I warned this whole forum about accutane hairloss but people still continue taking it... Kinda annoying ngl. Anyways yeah @Native it looks a bit rough but it might not be due to accutane it might just be naturally sparser. If you see no hairs coming out in the shower then you are fine. Just stop taking accutane obviously

Also jfl at people shitposting on threads like this, it's why I'm leaving this forum

Make sure to taper off accutane slowly, don't cold turkey. I'm pretty sure alot of people get hairloss triggered once they go off the drug as well when they cold turkey it

Idk how you did 80mg. 60mg was too much for me, I did 40 max.
Went on this shit for like a year lol, probably shouldn't have at 18, just had really bad acne

This freaked the f out of me, i thought i had it but it ended up being fine, idk im not much help but one thing i didnt do was use shampoo really and just made my hair oily so that it wouldnt dry up and fkn rot

Welcome to the Norwood Club Brother

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 6382