PRP DIY Guide

TITUS

TITUS

Kraken
PRP DIY Guide

PRP stands for Platelet Rich Plasma, and it is used for:
-Improved recovery and maybe performance of microneedling sessions.
-Hair loss treatment.
-Treatment for dry eye.
-Etc.

What do you need to prepare PRP?

- Butterfly needles to draw your own blood: BD Vacutainer Butterfly, 21G 3/4". You want them 20-21G because they are thin enough to not cause much trauma, which could create anomalies in the blood sample but also not too thin, as this would also cause anomalies. G stands for gauge, the higher the number the smaller the needle radius.
-Vacutainer tubes with sodium citrate or ACDA. I use sodium citrate tubes with a special concentration for PRP: 4,5 ml 13x75 mm. Sodium Citrate 0,5 ml 0,129 M.
-Vacutainer tubes with nothing in them or sterile centrifuge tubes to store and spin the plasma. Vacutainer tubes are better to keep sterile conditions, i use centrifuge tubes nevertheless, since they are usually bigger and hold more plasma.
-1ml syringes to store and inject PRP.
-5ml syringes to move plasma around and store it.
-Mesotherapy needles to inject PRP into your scalp 30G. 0,3x4 mm
-Long and short needles to move plasma around and cap syringes. Sterican 19G x 2", 1,10 x 50 mm and 0,9 mm x 25 mm. 19G.
-Alcohol and pads.
-Fast tourniquet.
-Centrifuge. Model 800-1 for 45-70€ on Amazon or China.

The total cost is around 150-175€, and you get 16 PRP sessions from it, after that you would just need to spend around 50€ for another 16 sessions. If you want it even cheaper, you can also buy a sodium citrate vial and use a big syringe to draw the blood, then use smaller syringes as centrifuge tubes, but drawing blood on your own using a syringe is hard.

IMG 20201228 050038 cleaned

1- Clean the room.

Clean the dust and close windows/doors before you start, to avoid air flows that could introduce particles into your blood samples, wear a mask so you don't breathe into samples. Keep the temperature of the room stable, 20ºC or whatever works for you, not extremes.
I clean the surface of the table that im using with bleach/alcohol and clean every single thing im putting on it with alcohol too, be it syringe boxes or anything else.
Prepare all you will need and put it on the table.
Place the centrifuge on the floor and clean it too.

2- Draw your own blood into vacutainer tubes.

We are using 6 x 4,5 ml tubes to fill the 6 slots of the centrifuge. You can get around 2-2,5ml of PRP from this and around 10ml of PPP (platelet poor plasma that you can use as eyedrops for example).

You should learn how to do this yourself by checking as many youtube videos as you need to feel comfortable before doing it:

Search for "how to do a venipuncture."

If it's the first time you are drawing your own blood i suggest you do a simulacrum 1 day beforehand, on the other arm you were planning to draw blood from, with a butterfly needle and a vacutainer tube or just a thin needle attached to a syringe (harder to do), and draw some blood.

Tips:

To find the veins you can use a tourniquet and alternate between clenching and opening your fist with your arm pointing towards the floor. You can draw the contours of the vein with a pen, so you insert the needle perfectly in line later on.
Use the vein that pops out the most, for me is the accessory cephalic vein:

Clean the area with alcohol and wait 30 seconds before sticking the needle in.
Tight the tourniquet 5-10cm above punction site, tight enough to show veins but it shouldn't hurt. Don't keep it on for more than 1 minute, dislodge it after 1 minute even if you are not done filling the tubes, this will avoid blood abnormalities. Set an alarm on your phone.
Fist clenched at all times (unless you are using the hand) and stop clenching before removing the needle.
Insert the needle (bevel facing up) with a 15-25º inclination and stop pushing once resistance drops, you don't need to dig it in more than 1cm or so usually.
You may need to use both hands to handle vacutainer tubes, keep them near. When filling them up, insert them with the label facing down so you see how much blood goes in, this way you ensure they get completely filled. As soon as you fill the tube with blood, you must gently turn it upside down around 10 times to ensure the blood mixes with the anticoagulant, else it may clot and this is bad news. To sum it up: Fill the tube, place it in a rack, insert another tube in the drawing device, and while it is filling with blood, you turn the first one upside down 10 times, place it in the tube rack, and repeat for the remaining tubes.
Once all the tubes are filled, stop clenching your fist, remove the needle and apply pressure with an alcohol pad for 5 minutes, don't bend the arm.
If something goes wrong, like blood stops flowing, just remove the needle and use the other arm. If this happens again, use another vein.
Store all the needles in a bag and throw them in the needle trash can.

3- Spin the tubes filled with blood in the centrifuge.

There are many protocols for centrifuge speed/force and time. I use a double spin to ensure higher platelet concentration and a low speed method to ensure that platelet morphology doesn't change and that they are easy to resuspend in the plasma, but you can try other protocols if you fancy.

1st spin 130g (130 RCF) 15mins.
2nd spin 250g 15 mins.

After the first spin the tubes should look like this:

IMG 20201228 060150 cleaned

Once the first spin finishes, you have to suck the PPP and buffy coat (which contains platelets and White Blood Cells) with a syringe, and put it into centrifuge tubes, you don't want RBC (red blood cells). There are 2 ways to do this, you completely avoid RBCs and leave a lot of the buffy coat there, or you take some RBCs and take most of the buffy coat. You use one or the other option depending on the application, i suggest you avoid taking RBCs and don't aspirate all the buffy coat.
Do not disturb the tubes once you have centrifuged them, pick them up gently from the cetrifugue with some clean pliers, place them in the tube rack in which they came packaged or you can buy a tube rack for this purpose. You can whipe with an alcohol pad the cap of the tubes at this or any other point to ensure sterility.

This is how the remnants of a buffy coat look like once you have sucked the plasma and part of the buffy coat, its the whitish layer on top of the RBC :

IMG 20201228 061622 cleaned

To aspirate the plasma and the buffy coat, you insert 2 needles into the vacutainer tube cap, one to allow airflow and the other to suck the plasma out.
Once you transfer all the plasma and part of the buffy coat into 2 centrifuge tubes, you centrifuge them again with the 2nd spin protocol. Place the tubes on opposing sides in the centrifuge and make sure they measure the same amount of milliliters so they balance each other out.

After the second spin it should look like this:

IMG 20201228 062425 cleaned

You can see a lot of red blood cells at the bottom since i took most of the buffy coat and got too many RBC with it and the platelets and WBC sitting on top. The liquid part is PPP.
Now suck almost all the PPP but leave 1ml at the bottom of the tube with the platelets, use several 5ml syringes for this. The remaining 1ml with the platelets is the PRP. You have to resuspend the platelets into the plasma, you can do this by sucking some plasma into a 1ml syringe and quickly pushing it back into the tube, you want to resuspend all the platelets with the minimal shock possible. You can also use a vibrating device, etc.
Once the platelets are resuspended in the plasma, store the PRP in a 1ml syringe and keep it for later use.

4- Use the PRP.

I use PRP within an hour of drawing blood
, unless im using it for eye drops, in that case i keep it in the fridge/freezer, the longer you wait the worse.

If you are going to use it for a dermaneedling session, you just spread it on the face, check youtube videos on how they do it in beauty clinics. I do a shallow rolling with 0,5mm needles, then spread some, then do a 1,5mm stamping while adding more prp, and some more right after im done needling.

If you are injecting it in your hairline, you can use 4 mm mesotherapy needles. You just stab it at 90º or less if you have a thin skin, and inject 0,1mm per square cm, or just divide your hairline in 10 sections and do 10 shots per ml, and so on. Once you inject a lump will grow, i have seen many doctors massage it so it goes away, i forgot to massage them the first time and nothing bad happened, they dissolve on their own.

If you are using it for eye drops you can store it in the fridge/freezer, check the guidelines for plasma, platelet, etc, storage and what freezing temperature is your freezer capable of. A good rule of thumb is to freeze anything you wont be using within a week, and only keep plasma in the fridge for a week then discard it. Don't freeze things for longer than a month. You can also do autologous serum drops by using a slightly different method that involves not using anticoagulant and letting the platelets clot, etc. you can search it yourself.

5- Should you bother with PRP?

Since PRP is not done with a standarized method and studies are often contradictory, the only medical consensus seems to be that it helps to accelerate healing, so this is the most you should expect from it. Don't invest into PRP if you aren't content with it just speeding your recovery from needling sessions and being able to produce your own PRP/autologous serum drops for eyes, because it may not do anything else for you (you can also measure your hematocrit though). On the hair loss context some people say it did nothing for them, others say it worked. Nevertheless most complaint that it is too expensive for whatever improvements it gives, but it is not expensive if you DIY.
There is a lot of variance in terms of frequency of injections for hair loss, so choose one protocol that fits you and stick to it, i do it every 4-6 weeks, usually when i deep dermaneedle, and will do 3-4 shots per year or more.
Since i wasn't convinced about PRP for hair loss the first session i injected it just on the right side of my hairline around my temple, and that region regrew forward a few mms more than the other side, the irregularity is very noticeable if i trim my hair short. Since PRP is the only asymmetric treatment i was using at the time, it could be the reason. Nevertheless it could be a cohencidence and my hairline could be irregular for other reasons, so if you are using PRP i suggest you do the same and inject into one side of your hairline only (for the first time), far from the midline, and see if it is doing anything for you, take pictures and report.
I didn't regrew hair just with PRP, and it is normally not used as standalone treatment, i was needling once a month and taking, stemox, alfatradiol, essential oil copes, shiseido adenoside shampoo and nizoral. The regrowth showed within 1-2 months, got a much denser hairline too.

Im uploading my PRP folder so you can check few studies if you fancy:

The DoctorJew is on suicide watch, this is what he wanted to charge you for spinning your own blood:

PRP PRICES

Some videos of the procedure, you can find many more:

I could understand nothing of what he said, but the video is good:

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: LVZZO, Avirochad, Deleted member 21863 and 13 others
You're literally retarded as fuck if you seriously do this lmao. PRP doesn't even work btw.

• JFL
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: CyprusGD, LostYouth, Salience and 6 others
lmao prp is hella expensive, but im too high inhib to do this myself. Id rather get it done at a clinic

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 10551, Deleted member 10536, Deleted member 7776 and 1 other person
dogshit thread

• JFL
  • +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 21863, CyprusGD, StressShady and 4 others
You're literally retarded as fuck if you seriously do this lmao. PRP doesn't even work btw.
Stick to your tales from the mental asylum and let the grown-ups find out what works and what doesn't work.

• JFL
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing and Deleted member 7776
Stick to your tales from the mental asylum and let the grown-ups find out what works and what doesn't work.
MuH TaLeS while I have exclusive access to prime latina and asian pussy, OK my spaniard abused dog, ok.

Btw if you weren't a lazy ass, you would've already googled all the relevant studies and come to the conclusion that PRP doesn't do anything for hairloss lmao

• JFL
Reactions: TITUS
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: BradAniston, LastHopeForNorman, Deleted member 5875 and 2 others

Are u familar with the literature around prp? Like how many sessions do u got to do see a noticeable improvement for hair?

apparently this study saw 3 sessions with a statistically significant change in hair regrowth.

Reason I ask cuz i don't wanna experiment on myself, if it only takes a couple of treatments then Id just drop 1-2 grand on it.

report back to me with pics when u do it yourself pussy

• +1
Reactions: TITUS
Are u familar with the literature around prp? Like how many sessions do u got to do see a noticeable improvement for hair?

apparently this study saw 3 sessions with a statistically significant change in hair regrowth.

Reason I ask cuz i don't wanna experiment on myself, if it only takes a couple of treatments then Id just drop 1-2 grand on it.

report back to me with pics when u do it yourself pussy
Well, i didn't dwelve too much into it because i just have unlimited PRP for cheap, and because i have heard wildly different protocols depending on the doctor, some do 700 spot injections once a year, others do 2 sessions a month for a couple months, etc. I was doing PRP for the needling and dry eye, the hair thing was just a test and a bonus, i injected 0,3-0,5ml the first time.
As i wrote, most people complaint not about the results but about it being too expensive for the results it gives, for 2 grand you can have a nice HT in Turkey, that's the point. Besides, mine is just anecdotal evidence, even i wouldn't consider it valid unless several other people do the same and report the same result, and this too is the way i can learn myself if the asymmetric growth was due to PRP or to other factors.

It is not really hard at all to do all this, any trained monkey can do it, the venipuncture is the most high inhib thing and once you do it once it's not a problem anymore, in fact, i draw blood with less pain than when i get it done by a nurse. If you are trying it just for the hair maybe it is not worthed the learning, but i do face needling on weekends and it speeds recovery time, from being red face for too many days to being able to walk outside on mondays, and i use it for dry eyes, i got PRP/PPP drops on the fridge and i use them several times a day.

• +1
Reactions: Fgsfds and 98Zdeed98
Well, i didn't dwelve too much into it because i just have unlimited PRP for cheap, and because i have heard wildly different protocols depending on the doctor, some do 700 spot injections once a year, others do 2 sessions a month for a couple months, etc. I was doing PRP for the needling and dry eye, the hair thing was just a test and a bonus, i injected 0,3-0,5ml the first time.
As i wrote, most people complaint not about the results but about it being too expensive for the results it gives, for 2 grand you can have a nice HT in Turkey, that's the point. Besides, mine is just anecdotal evidence, even i wouldn't consider it valid unless several other people do the same and report the same result, and this too is the way i can learn myself if the asymmetric growth was due to PRP or to other factors.

It is not really hard at all to do all this, any trained monkey can do it, the venipuncture is the most high inhib thing and once you do it once it's not a problem anymore, in fact, i draw blood with less pain than when i get it done by a nurse. If you are trying it just for the hair maybe it is not worthed the learning, but i do face needling on weekends and it speeds recovery time, from being red face for too many days to being able to walk outside on mondays, and i use it for dry eyes, i got PRP/PPP drops on the fridge and i use them several times a day.

Damn, can't believe it a real looksmaxxer on this forum.

Ive heard derek more plates more dates talk about prp being a rip-off in clinics, since the process is fairly simple so I'll agree with you there. They are overcharging for how much it really costs to do this shit. If ur still doing prp, let me know how skin/hair gains because im on the fence about it.

• +1
Reactions: 98Zdeed98
PRP doesn't work for hair loss. Fact.

I don't blame you for being fooled as the literature is inundated with dogshit studies and shills, but there are a few papers that prove that it doesn't work. And in science, when you have >1 paper that says something is bunk, it's 100% bunk.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32735021/

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32953277/

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33376284/
If anyone is interested in doing PRP for whatever reason, it is used for many other applications other than the ones listed here, he can try injecting it himself as i did and report back.
Nobody knew minox could grow a full beard years ago and "no studies" showed it's efficacy for growing a beard and reddit is full of users growing beards on minox.
Im pretty sure i have read all the relevant PRP studies, those 3 included, as i wrote there is no standarized method for PRP and hence it is very difficult to asses it's efficacy.
Stupid greycel, you are the fool.

• +1
PRP doesn't work for hair loss. Fact.

I don't blame you for being fooled as the literature is inundated with dogshit studies and shills, but there are a few papers that prove that it doesn't work. And in science, when you have >1 paper that says something is bunk, it's 100% bunk.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32735021/

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32953277/

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33376284/

Thanks for the post and the link to the studies, definitely taking a look at it later. I was always on the fence about prp, especially because I never fully understood the mechanism of actions behind why it might work for hair. Do you know if the same is true for skin as well (acne-scars, hyperpigementation, photoaging) ?

• +1
Reactions: Fgsfds
If anyone is interested in doing PRP for whatever reason, it is used for many other applications other than the ones listed here, he can try injecting it himself as i did and report back.
Nobody knew minox could grow a full beard years ago and "no studies" showed it's efficacy for growing a beard and reddit is full of users growing beards on minox.
Im pretty sure i have read all the relevant PRP studies, those 3 included, as i wrote there is no standarized method for PRP and hence it is very difficult to asses it's efficacy.

no need to argue gentleman, were all trying to ascend :LOL:

no need to argue gentleman, were all trying to ascend :LOL:
I like to abuse greycels. Had some professor who would tell us that we weren't real human beings until we reached last course, and he was right.

• JFL
I never made any claim about PRP wrt to anything but hair loss. This is not a situation where there are "no studies" showing efficacy, this is a situation where there is 1. a study showing a biochemical mechanism by which PRP may actually hurt hair, and 2. experimental studies that align with the theory by showing no significant results in vivo results. You can't read and get BTFO'd by a greycell, kind of embarrassing.

• +1
Good thread would do if I didn’t faint at the sight of blood :lul: :lul::lul:

Thanks for the post and the link to the studies, definitely taking a look at it later. I was always on the fence about prp, especially because I never fully understood the mechanism of actions behind why it might work for hair. Do you know if the same is true for skin as well (acne-scars, hyperpigementation, photoaging) ?
Sorry haven't read the literature about PRP for use cases other than hair loss.

• +1
I never made any claim about PRP wrt to anything but hair loss. This is not a situation where there are "no studies" showing efficacy, this is a situation where there is 1. a study showing a biochemical mechanism by which PRP may actually hurt hair, and 2. experimental studies that align with the theory by showing no significant results in vivo results. You can't read and get BTFO'd by a greycell, kind of embarrassing.
As i told you already, stupid greycel, you are the fool. You don't understand what you are talking about and make a fool of yourself, you must be wonstopnoodling's alt account.
I will repeat, PRP is not standarized, and different studies use wildly different amounts of platelet concentrations and morphology hence different results.
Now, about the 3 studies you posted:
Whatever method they used for PRP preparation could just not yield enough platelet concentration or produce platelet activation before injection, etc. i don't know since i just have access to the abstract.
" treatment with platelet-rich plasma as a monotherapy "
PRP is usually used in combination with other therapies in the real world, treatments have synergistic effects, like dermarolling with minoxidil.

In vitro study, not the real world, only good for aspies like yourself. This study says one component of PRP could fuck your hair, if that was the case most of PRP reviews would be negative and there would be thousands of them and there aren't. Even if one component of PRP of the hundreds it has, upregulated androgen receptors, the rest of the components may just produce enough benefits to compensate for it.

Whatever method they used for PRP preparation could just not yield enough platelet concentration or produce platelet activation before injection, etc. i don't know since i just have access to the abstract.
"Overall hair density also increased significantly in both the study groups but more in MN + PRP group (14.6 hair/cm2) than the MN group (10.8 hair/cm2). However, the difference between the results of both the groups was not statistically significant. "

Nothing conclusive, stupid greycel.

As i said, if you are doing PRP for whatever reason, just inject some and see how it goes.

• +1
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing
PRP- Platelet Rich Piana

Richpianaismyfavoritepreworkout f242b6 6037846

As i told you already, stupid greycel, you are the fool. You don't understand what you are talking about and make a fool of yourself, you must be wonstopnoodling's alt account.
I will repeat, PRP is not standarized, and different studies use wildly different amounts of platelet concentrations and morphology hence different results.
I agree that the optimal parameters are contentious. If the researchers can't even lock down a protocol that yields predictable and repeatable results, why would anyone bother with this treatment? This isn't a case like microneedling, where you have different magnitudes of success with different protocols, yet all studies show some magnitude of success. With PRP, you have many studies flat-out floundering. And since there's not really any incentive to post negative or inconclusive results, the fact that there are multiple studies published that dump on PRP should raise suspicion.

Here's the pattern for a scam treatment:
You see a few shady studies, with low sample sizes, showing very modest results, often with qualitative measurements. One or two studies will show no statistical improvement.

Here's the pattern for REAL treatments:
Every study you see knocks it out of the park (as it works) with statistically significant quantitative measurements. Example: finasteride. I dare you to find a study on finasteride that does not show statistically significant results.

Now, about the 3 studies you posted:
" treatment with platelet-rich plasma as a monotherapy "
PRP is usually used in combination with other therapies in the real world, treatments have synergistic effects, like dermarolling with minoxidil.
Dermarolling and minoxidil are both proven to work as monotherapies by different MOA, so of course they would synergize when used together. PRP can't stand on its own legs.

In vitro study, not the real world, only good for aspies like yourself. This study says one component of PRP could fuck your hair, if that was the case most of PRP reviews would be negative and there would be thousands of them and there aren't. Even if one component of PRP of the hundreds it has, upregulated androgen receptors, the rest of the components may just produce enough benefits to compensate for it.
PRP is almost ALL negative reviews. Go search on any hair loss forum. The best testimonies are "it maybe reduced shedding a little bit". Meanwhile, even with wacky treatments that are much rarer than PRP, like PGE2+setipiprant, you can find people posting indisputable picture results.

"In this study, we identified that platelet factor 4 (PF4), a component of PRP, significantly suppressed human hair follicle growth and restrained the proliferation of human dermal papilla cells (hDPCs)" Pretty cut and dried, doesn't take an aspie to interpret that.

"Overall hair density also increased significantly in both the study groups but more in MN + PRP group (14.6 hair/cm2) than the MN group (10.8 hair/cm2). However, the difference between the results of both the groups was not statistically significant. "
Are you trolling or this dumb? "the difference between the results of both the groups was not statistically significant" this last sentence literally tells you the difference (a whopping 3.8 hair/cm2) was so small that is was more likely the result of random chance than experimental manipulation. No wonder you avoid studies.

As i said, if you are doing PRP for whatever reason, just inject some and see how it goes.
PRP could be a useful tools for things other than hair loss. But if you're going to recommend it for hair loss, you should at least qualify it with "Yeah, the research backing it is tenuous, but if you're trying PRP for another purpose you may as well inject it into your hair too and monitor what happens".

I agree that the optimal parameters are contentious. If the researchers can't even lock down a protocol that yields predictable and repeatable results, why would anyone bother with this treatment? This isn't a case like microneedling, where you have different magnitudes of success with different protocols, yet all studies show some magnitude of success. With PRP, you have many studies flat-out floundering. And since there's not really any incentive to post negative or inconclusive results, the fact that there are multiple studies published that dump on PRP should raise suspicion.

You see a few shady studies, with low sample sizes, showing very modest results, often with qualitative measurements. One or two studies will show no statistical improvement.

Every study you see knocks it out of the park (as it works) with statistically significant quantitative measurements. Example: finasteride. I dare you to find a study on finasteride that does not show statistically significant results.

Dermarolling and minoxidil are both proven to work as monotherapies by different MOA, so of course they would synergize when used together. PRP can't stand on its own legs.

PRP is almost ALL negative reviews. Go search on any hair loss forum. The best testimonies are "it maybe reduced shedding a little bit". Meanwhile, even with wacky treatments that are much rarer than PRP, like PGE2+setipiprant, you can find people posting indisputable picture results.

"In this study, we identified that platelet factor 4 (PF4), a component of PRP, significantly suppressed human hair follicle growth and restrained the proliferation of human dermal papilla cells (hDPCs)" Pretty cut and dried, doesn't take an aspie to interpret that.

Are you trolling or this dumb? "the difference between the results of both the groups was not statistically significant" this last sentence literally tells you the difference (a whopping 3.8 hair/cm2) was so small that is was more likely the result of random chance than experimental manipulation. No wonder you avoid studies.

PRP could be a useful tools for things other than hair loss. But if you're going to recommend it for hair loss, you should at least qualify it with "Yeah, the research backing it is tenuous, but if you're trying PRP for another purpose you may as well inject it into your hair too and monitor what happens".
@TITUS ur getting steamrolled by a greycel u hispanic baboon

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6997, WadlowMaxxing and TITUS

At least post the complete studies, retarded greycel, so we can see how good they are. In vitro, low participants, can't access the methodology and protocols used. All my previous statements remain. PRP is not standarized yet and you must toy with it to see if it works for you or it doesn't.

Don't have much time to post all the studies showing it works to retarded greycels. There is plenty of studies showing it works and plenty of people who swear by it and others who say it doesn't work.

I got extra growth on the right temple and the only different variable was PRP, so take the studies up your ass stupid greycel, im not a doctor and i don't sell PRP or medical equipment. For those who are already convinced in trying PRP, this is the way to do it orders of magnitude cheaper and with the ability to increase platelet concentration at will by changing the protocol. Even after that im willing to concede it may just have been a coincidence, hence the need for more people to replicate the results, you understand nothing stupid greycel. I talk the talk and walk the walk, you just complaint from your basement.

"Yeah, the research backing it is tenuous, but if you're trying PRP for another purpose you may as well inject it into your hair too and monitor what happens" That's pretty much what i wrote in the guide stupid greycel, and what i did myself.

Keep bumping my thread.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing
At least post the complete studies, retarded greycel, so we can see how good they are. In vitro, low participants, can't access the methodology and protocols used. All my previous statements remain. PRP is not standarized yet and you must toy with it to see if it works for you or it doesn't.

Don't have much time to post all the studies showing it works to retarded greycels. There is plenty of studies showing it works and plenty of people who swear by it and others who say it doesn't work.

I got extra growth on the right temple and the only different variable was PRP, so take the studies up your ass stupid greycel, im not a doctor and i don't sell PRP or medical equipment. For those who are already convinced in trying PRP, this is the way to do it orders of magnitude cheaper and with the ability to increase platelet concentration at will by changing the protocol. Even after that im willing to concede it may just have been a coincidence, hence the need for more people to replicate the results, you understand nothing stupid greycel. I talk the talk and walk the walk, you just complaint from your basement.

"Yeah, the research backing it is tenuous, but if you're trying PRP for another purpose you may as well inject it into your hair too and monitor what happens" That's pretty much what i wrote in the guide stupid greycel, and what i did myself.

Keep bumping my thread.
I actually already tried PRP myself. I had 8 injections back in 2017 when PRP for hair loss was cutting edge. I wouldn't get it today, but based on the research we had at the time, it was worth a shot. No results. I did my part in the experimentation at a time when it was less foolish to do so, and it's all good as I'm regrowing my temples with other experimental things now. For someone who agrees with me, you're awfully salty. I wonder if that's because you spent hundreds on equipment, and hours extracting your own blood, for a dogshit treatment that gets mogged by peasant-tier therapies like Adenosine. Enjoy.

I actually already tried PRP myself. I had 8 injections back in 2017 when PRP for hair loss was cutting edge. I wouldn't get it today, but based on the research we had at the time, it was worth a shot. No results. I did my part in the experimentation at a time when it was less foolish to do so, and it's all good as I'm regrowing my temples with other experimental things now. For someone who agrees with me, you're awfully salty. I wonder if that's because you spent hundreds on equipment, and hours extracting your own blood, for a dogshit treatment that gets mogged by peasant-tier therapies like Adenosine. Enjoy.
You agree with me dog, you just didn't read the guide, started barking like the dog you are and clamining i was fooled, no dog, you are the fool, you paid thousands for PRP i tested it on my hair for "free":
"Since PRP is not done with a standarized method and studies are often contradictory, the only medical consensus seems to be that it helps to accelerate healing, so this is the most you should expect from it. "
" Don't invest into PRP if you aren't content with it just speeding your recovery from needling sessions and being able to produce your own PRP/autologous serum drops for eyes, because it may not do anything else for you (you can also measure your hematocrit though). "

Im doing PRP every month, when i needle my face, when i need eye drops and of course when i inject my hairline, now keep barking dog, you spent thousands for nothing and i spent 150€ and got hairline regrowth. It takes 1-2 minutes to draw the blood, 5 mins to move around and 30 minutes for it to spin on its own, you are very butthurt about PRP not doing anything for you, go cry somewhere else.

Keep bumping my thread.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4887, Deleted member 6382 and WadlowMaxxing
Just gonna bump this thread since its more advanced then mine is.

PRP DIY Guide

PRP stands for Platelet Rich Plasma, and it is used for:
-Improved recovery and maybe performance of microneedling sessions.
-Hair loss treatment.
-Treatment for dry eye.
-Etc.

What do you need to prepare PRP?

- Butterfly needles to draw your own blood: BD Vacutainer Butterfly, 21G 3/4". You want them 20-21G because they are thin enough to not cause much trauma, which could create anomalies in the blood sample but also not too thin, as this would also cause anomalies. G stands for gauge, the higher the number the smaller the needle radius.
-Vacutainer tubes with sodium citrate or ACDA. I use sodium citrate tubes with a special concentration for PRP: 4,5 ml 13x75 mm. Sodium Citrate 0,5 ml 0,129 M.
-Vacutainer tubes with nothing in them or sterile centrifuge tubes to store and spin the plasma. Vacutainer tubes are better to keep sterile conditions, i use centrifuge tubes nevertheless, since they are usually bigger and hold more plasma.
-1ml syringes to store and inject PRP.
-5ml syringes to move plasma around and store it.
-Mesotherapy needles to inject PRP into your scalp 30G. 0,3x4 mm
-Long and short needles to move plasma around and cap syringes. Sterican 19G x 2", 1,10 x 50 mm and 0,9 mm x 25 mm. 19G.
-Alcohol and pads.
-Fast tourniquet.
-Centrifuge. Model 800-1 for 45-70€ on Amazon or China.

The total cost is around 150-175€, and you get 16 PRP sessions from it, after that you would just need to spend around 50€ for another 16 sessions. If you want it even cheaper, you can also buy a sodium citrate vial and use a big syringe to draw the blood, then use smaller syringes as centrifuge tubes, but drawing blood on your own using a syringe is hard.

View attachment 904324

1- Clean the room.

Clean the dust and close windows/doors before you start, to avoid air flows that could introduce particles into your blood samples, wear a mask so you don't breathe into samples. Keep the temperature of the room stable, 20ºC or whatever works for you, not extremes.
I clean the surface of the table that im using with bleach/alcohol and clean every single thing im putting on it with alcohol too, be it syringe boxes or anything else.
Prepare all you will need and put it on the table.
Place the centrifuge on the floor and clean it too.

2- Draw your own blood into vacutainer tubes.

We are using 6 x 4,5 ml tubes to fill the 6 slots of the centrifuge. You can get around 2-2,5ml of PRP from this and around 10ml of PPP (platelet poor plasma that you can use as eyedrops for example).

You should learn how to do this yourself by checking as many youtube videos as you need to feel comfortable before doing it:

Search for "how to do a venipuncture."

If it's the first time you are drawing your own blood i suggest you do a simulacrum 1 day beforehand, on the other arm you were planning to draw blood from, with a butterfly needle and a vacutainer tube or just a thin needle attached to a syringe (harder to do), and draw some blood.

Tips:

To find the veins you can use a tourniquet and alternate between clenching and opening your fist with your arm pointing towards the floor. You can draw the contours of the vein with a pen, so you insert the needle perfectly in line later on.
Use the vein that pops out the most, for me is the accessory cephalic vein:

Clean the area with alcohol and wait 30 seconds before sticking the needle in.
Tight the tourniquet 5-10cm above punction site, tight enough to show veins but it shouldn't hurt. Don't keep it on for more than 1 minute, dislodge it after 1 minute even if you are not done filling the tubes, this will avoid blood abnormalities. Set an alarm on your phone.
Fist clenched at all times (unless you are using the hand) and stop clenching before removing the needle.
Insert the needle (bevel facing up) with a 15-25º inclination and stop pushing once resistance drops, you don't need to dig it in more than 1cm or so usually.
You may need to use both hands to handle vacutainer tubes, keep them near. When filling them up, insert them with the label facing down so you see how much blood goes in, this way you ensure they get completely filled. As soon as you fill the tube with blood, you must gently turn it upside down around 10 times to ensure the blood mixes with the anticoagulant, else it may clot and this is bad news. To sum it up: Fill the tube, place it in a rack, insert another tube in the drawing device, and while it is filling with blood, you turn the first one upside down 10 times, place it in the tube rack, and repeat for the remaining tubes.
Once all the tubes are filled, stop clenching your fist, remove the needle and apply pressure with an alcohol pad for 5 minutes, don't bend the arm.
If something goes wrong, like blood stops flowing, just remove the needle and use the other arm. If this happens again, use another vein.
Store all the needles in a bag and throw them in the needle trash can.

3- Spin the tubes filled with blood in the centrifuge.

There are many protocols for centrifuge speed/force and time. I use a double spin to ensure higher platelet concentration and a low speed method to ensure that platelet morphology doesn't change and that they are easy to resuspend in the plasma, but you can try other protocols if you fancy.

1st spin 130g (130 RCF) 15mins.
2nd spin 250g 15 mins.

After the first spin the tubes should look like this:

View attachment 904369

Once the first spin finishes, you have to suck the PPP and buffy coat (which contains platelets and White Blood Cells) with a syringe, and put it into centrifuge tubes, you don't want RBC (red blood cells). There are 2 ways to do this, you completely avoid RBCs and leave a lot of the buffy coat there, or you take some RBCs and take most of the buffy coat. You use one or the other option depending on the application, i suggest you avoid taking RBCs and don't aspirate all the buffy coat.
Do not disturb the tubes once you have centrifuged them, pick them up gently from the cetrifugue with some clean pliers, place them in the tube rack in which they came packaged or you can buy a tube rack for this purpose. You can whipe with an alcohol pad the cap of the tubes at this or any other point to ensure sterility.

This is how the remnants of a buffy coat look like once you have sucked the plasma and part of the buffy coat, its the whitish layer on top of the RBC :

View attachment 904407

To aspirate the plasma and the buffy coat, you insert 2 needles into the vacutainer tube cap, one to allow airflow and the other to suck the plasma out.
Once you transfer all the plasma and part of the buffy coat into 2 centrifuge tubes, you centrifuge them again with the 2nd spin protocol. Place the tubes on opposing sides in the centrifuge and make sure they measure the same amount of milliliters so they balance each other out.

After the second spin it should look like this:

View attachment 904412

You can see a lot of red blood cells at the bottom since i took most of the buffy coat and got too many RBC with it and the platelets and WBC sitting on top. The liquid part is PPP.
Now suck almost all the PPP but leave 1ml at the bottom of the tube with the platelets, use several 5ml syringes for this. The remaining 1ml with the platelets is the PRP. You have to resuspend the platelets into the plasma, you can do this by sucking some plasma into a 1ml syringe and quickly pushing it back into the tube, you want to resuspend all the platelets with the minimal shock possible. You can also use a vibrating device, etc.
Once the platelets are resuspended in the plasma, store the PRP in a 1ml syringe and keep it for later use.

4- Use the PRP.

I use PRP within an hour of drawing blood
, unless im using it for eye drops, in that case i keep it in the fridge/freezer, the longer you wait the worse.

If you are going to use it for a dermaneedling session, you just spread it on the face, check youtube videos on how they do it in beauty clinics. I do a shallow rolling with 0,5mm needles, then spread some, then do a 1,5mm stamping while adding more prp, and some more right after im done needling.

If you are injecting it in your hairline, you can use 4 mm mesotherapy needles. You just stab it at 90º or less if you have a thin skin, and inject 0,1mm per square cm, or just divide your hairline in 10 sections and do 10 shots per ml, and so on. Once you inject a lump will grow, i have seen many doctors massage it so it goes away, i forgot to massage them the first time and nothing bad happened, they dissolve on their own.

If you are using it for eye drops you can store it in the fridge/freezer, check the guidelines for plasma, platelet, etc, storage and what freezing temperature is your freezer capable of. A good rule of thumb is to freeze anything you wont be using within a week, and only keep plasma in the fridge for a week then discard it. Don't freeze things for longer than a month. You can also do autologous serum drops by using a slightly different method that involves not using anticoagulant and letting the platelets clot, etc. you can search it yourself.

5- Should you bother with PRP?

Since PRP is not done with a standarized method and studies are often contradictory, the only medical consensus seems to be that it helps to accelerate healing, so this is the most you should expect from it. Don't invest into PRP if you aren't content with it just speeding your recovery from needling sessions and being able to produce your own PRP/autologous serum drops for eyes, because it may not do anything else for you (you can also measure your hematocrit though). On the hair loss context some people say it did nothing for them, others say it worked. Nevertheless most complaint that it is too expensive for whatever improvements it gives, but it is not expensive if you DIY.
There is a lot of variance in terms of frequency of injections for hair loss, so choose one protocol that fits you and stick to it, i do it every 4-6 weeks, usually when i deep dermaneedle, and will do 3-4 shots per year or more.
Since i wasn't convinced about PRP for hair loss the first session i injected it just on the right side of my hairline around my temple, and that region regrew forward a few mms more than the other side, the irregularity is very noticeable if i trim my hair short. Since PRP is the only asymmetric treatment i was using at the time, it could be the reason. Nevertheless it could be a cohencidence and my hairline could be irregular for other reasons, so if you are using PRP i suggest you do the same and inject into one side of your hairline only (for the first time), far from the midline, and see if it is doing anything for you, take pictures and report.
I didn't regrew hair just with PRP, and it is normally not used as standalone treatment, i was needling once a month and taking, stemox, alfatradiol, essential oil copes, shiseido adenoside shampoo and nizoral. The regrowth showed within 1-2 months, got a much denser hairline too.

Im uploading my PRP folder so you can check few studies if you fancy:

The DoctorJew is on suicide watch, this is what he wanted to charge you for spinning your own blood:

View attachment 904461

Some videos of the procedure, you can find many more:

I could understand nothing of what he said, but the video is good:

damn son

Pretty cool stuff. How has this effected your hematocrit levels in the long term?

Pretty cool stuff. How has this effected your hematocrit levels in the long term?
It's negligible, few milliliters every 6 weeks wont change anything.