question about braces (high iqcels gtfih)

ineedhelo4844

ineedhelo4844

professional footballer Arsenal FC
Time online
29d 2h 10m
im on a plan for braces then bimax for underbite. with underbite there's a weird lip alignment where bottom lip protrudes over the top lip. Does braces fix this issue or will it only be resolved after bimax

abmonger

abmonger

Zephir
Time online
97d 19h 39m
im on a plan for braces then bimax for underbite. with underbite there's a weird lip alignment where bottom lip protrudes over the top lip. Does braces fix this issue or will it only be resolved after bimax
Bimax

not trolling in this one btw

I have seen evidence that the lip doesn’t stop protruding after braces

ineedhelo4844

ineedhelo4844

Time online
29d 2h 10m
ineedhelo4844

ineedhelo4844

Time online
29d 2h 10m
Bimax

not trolling in this one btw

I have seen evidence that the lip doesn’t stop protruding after braces
I read this on an orthodontist site

'When the braces start taking effect and the front teeth move backwards, thanks to the maxillary labial fraenum, the lips will follow. If the front teeth are equally moved forward, the lips will also move forward. Depending on the original position of your front teeth and the distance they need to move back or forward to the desired position, the final position of your lips may make them look too protrusive. Some lips look bigger than they originally were but in truth it’s just about a change of position.'

is lip alignment determined by teeth position then? so if I move top teeth forward with braces and bottom teeth back wont that sort my lip alignment

abmonger

abmonger

Zephir
Time online
97d 19h 39m
I read this on an orthodontist site

'When the braces start taking effect and the front teeth move backwards, thanks to the maxillary labial fraenum, the lips will follow. If the front teeth are equally moved forward, the lips will also move forward. Depending on the original position of your front teeth and the distance they need to move back or forward to the desired position, the final position of your lips may make them look too protrusive. Some lips look bigger than they originally were but in truth it’s just about a change of position.'

is lip alignment determined by teeth position then? so if I move top teeth forward with braces and bottom teeth back wont that sort my lip alignment
Maybe... do research and if it mostly seems like they do move with braces then go for it

It was actually users pictures on this site that made me think the lips still protrude after braces but idk

ineedhelo4844

ineedhelo4844

Time online
29d 2h 10m
@Sergio-OMS can u help