Question about regaining lost bigonial width and maxillary projection

Guccimane2020

Guccimane2020

Iron
So I posed a question to John and Mike Mew on one of their social media groups asking the following question:

“is there any way to reverse the impacts of extractions and two rounds of braces with elastics? My bigonial width, symmetry, and balance has notably dropped since I fell victim to these orthodontic procedures as a child. What can I do to correct this besides surgery? If anything at all? The first picture is as candid a photo as I can take without any angles or deceptive lighting to highlight the difference. The idea of “straight at any cost” teeth is destructive and absurdly barbaric.”

their response was twofold: John mew thinks I should get a biobloc and mike mew believes I should err on the side of MSE.

People on this forum likely have some knowledge as to how to solve this problem so here are the photos I posted on that thread. What can I do to regain my lost bigonial width and structural support aside from surgery? Should I do MSE or biobloc 1 and if so from who and where? Thanks for your time. I know the first photo isn’t exactly excellent but I took it in my room with shit lighting.
984B958B B423 41B3 BFC4 7B578C1C1EF5 50441984 6B41 4838 96CD F0266A9B9D38 23EDC98D 7588 4686 A129 BBB9791AB932

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel
the lack of width is literally bone resorption you got from extractions and realistically, there is no proof that braces recess you

elastics recess you but functionally have 0 effect on your bigonial width

did you look into covering the holes post extraction?? should be thinking about these things before expanding

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: mvp2v1, Deleted member 616, Deleted member 2227 and 2 others
the lack of width is literally bone resorption you got from extractions and realistically, there is no proof that braces recess you

did you look into covering the holes post extraction?? should be thinking about these things before expanding
I was 14 when I had the extractions I didn’t know anything about aesthetics unfortunately.
So I posed a question to John and Mike Mew on one of their social media groups asking the following question:

“is there any way to reverse the impacts of extractions and two rounds of braces with elastics? My bigonial width, symmetry, and balance has notably dropped since I fell victim to these orthodontic procedures as a child. What can I do to correct this besides surgery? If anything at all? The first picture is as candid a photo as I can take without any angles or deceptive lighting to highlight the difference. The idea of “straight at any cost” teeth is destructive and absurdly barbaric.”

their response was twofold: John mew thinks I should get a biobloc and mike mew believes I should err on the side of MSE.

People on this forum likely have some knowledge as to how to solve this problem so here are the photos I posted on that thread. What can I do to regain my lost bigonial width and structural support aside from surgery? Should I do MSE or biobloc 1 and if so from who and where? Thanks for your time. I know the first photo isn’t exactly excellent but I took it in my room with shit lighting.
View attachment 380568View attachment 380567View attachment 380569
To be clear those photos are much earlier than the extractions- approximately taken at preschool age, so about 5 years old

Last edited:
I was 14 when I had the extractions I didn’t know anything about aesthetics unfortunately.

To be clear those photos are much earlier than the extractions- approximately taken at preschool age, so about 5 years old

bone resorption from extractions continues for your entire life dude you should do something about that first

• +1
Reactions: Guccimane2020 and Deleted member 2227
bone resorption from extractions continues for your entire life dude you should do something about that first
How do I do that now? I had 5 total wisdom teeth extracted and 1 other tooth removed besides

How do I do that now? I had 5 total wisdom teeth extracted and 1 other tooth removed besides

5 wisdom teeth?? wtf? you can only have 4 wisdom teeth.. unless you had a supernumerary?

the only way to fix/prevent further resorption is to get replacement teeth with roots that exert the same pressure as normal teeth, but then again that is literally done immediately after extraction and you got that shit done years ago. consult your cucked jewish ortho and ask. maybe if your palate hasnt shifted radically incisions can be made and something can be done about it

im assuming that resorption happens as soon as the following criteria take place

1. your bone isn't covered & there is insufficient blood flow surrounding/enveloping it
2. there is a deviation in terms of force (less) that renders the bone "inactive" and as a result adapts to the lack of force resulting in craniofacial dystrophy

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: mvp2v1, Guccimane2020 and Deleted member 2227
I kn
5 wisdom teeth?? wtf? you can only have 4 wisdom teeth.. unless you had a supernumerary?

the only way to fix/prevent further resorption is to get replacement teeth with roots that exert the same pressure as normal teeth, but then again that is literally done immediately after extraction and you got that shit done years ago. consult your cucked jewish ortho and ask. maybe if your palate hasnt shifted radically incisions can be made and something can be done about it

im assuming that resorption happens as soon as the following criteria take place

1. your bone isn't covered & there is insufficient blood flow surrounding/enveloping it
2. there is a deviation in terms of force (less) that renders the bone "inactive" and as a result adapts to the lack of force resulting in craniofacial dystrophy
I know it was at least 4 wisdom teeth and 2 other extractions, the fifth may have not been a wisdom tooth. Is my only real recourse here maxillary and palatial expansion then? lol is it even possible to get those replacement teeth now? I feel like my palate probably moved too far over 7 years. Keep in mind I was also an extremely late bloomer- I’m still growing height wise, I only just hit 6’5 junior year of college so that may impact my treatment options.

I kn

I know it was at least 4 wisdom teeth and 2 other extractions, the fifth may have not been a wisdom tooth. Is my only real recourse here maxillary and palatial expansion then? lol is it even possible to get those replacement teeth now? I feel like my palate probably moved too far over 7 years. Keep in mind I was also an extremely late bloomer- I’m still growing height wise, I only just hit 6’5 junior year of college so that may impact my treatment options.

holy shit dude

you need to ask an ortho if stopping resorption is possible at this point. if it isn't i'm not sure how effective expansion would be just due to the fact that you already have a preexisting condition that is practically inevitably making you lose bone no matter what you do

• +1
Reactions: Guccimane2020 and Deleted member 2227
holy shit dude

you need to ask an ortho if stopping resorption is possible at this point. if it isn't i'm not sure how effective expansion would be just due to the fact that you already have a preexisting condition that is practically inevitably making you lose bone no matter what you do
Yeah I’m going to prioritize that but do you know of any that specialize in this or where I should look for a based orthodontist that understands this? Do you think I could go back to the guy who originally did the surgery and get him to correct the issue?

Yeah I’m going to prioritize that but do you know of any that specialize in this or where I should look for a based orthodontist that understands this? Do you think I could go back to the guy who originally did the surgery and get him to correct the issue?

consult as many people as possible lol

• +1
Reactions: Guccimane2020
Do you think it might be better to do expansion first so there is more palatial width with which to add in the replacement teeth?
Seems like strategically it might make more sense to widen the area first so that an ortho can add them back in

Do you think it might be better to do expansion first so there is more palatial width with which to add in the replacement teeth?

Seems like strategically it might make more sense to widen the area first so that an ortho can add them back in

i dont even know the semantics
whether you do one or the other first i dont know but you definitely need both

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227
i dont even know the semantics
whether you do one or the other first i dont know but you definitely need both
Thanks. I’m also considering infraorbital implants as recommended by eppley to correct the relatively weak under eye support that I believe to be a result of the extractions and misaligned growth

Thanks. I’m also considering infraorbital implants as recommended by eppley to correct the relatively weak under eye support that I believe to be a result of the extractions and misaligned growth

how about you get your shit filled in and expanded first

you're thinking too far and plus, fillers fucking suck
why would you get fillers? they degrade bone and you have to replace them
get your shit osteotomized nigga

• +1
how about you get your shit filled in and expanded first

you're thinking too far and plus, fillers fucking suck
why would you get fillers? they degrade bone and you have to replace them
get your shit osteotomized nigga

What would you be looking at doing if you were me aside from the extraction reversal via replacement teeth and maxillary expansion?

What would you be looking at doing if you were me aside from the extraction reversal via replacement teeth and maxillary expansion?

send a side profile and a lateral ceph while you're at it

• +1
Lateral ceph? I’m unfamiliar with the term.

basically an xray of your side profile that dentists make
i mean your dentist must have taken lateral cephs/xrays before and after your extractions, you can just ask him for them

• +1
MSE+MSDO -> Bimax

• +1
Reactions: Incoming
I dont understand ,the wisdom teeth dont have any funcționa,and also ,the bimax surgery and associated osteotomies cannot be performed without wisdom teeth extractions ,as I ve read

covering the holes is a bit of a difficult topic because the tooth implants (i'm assuming that's what you're suggesting) will be less mobile and malleable than the rest of the teeth, in case you're trying to expand the palate afterwards or whatever. just a little heads-up for OP.

• +1
Reactions: Guccimane2020
A young Jay Leno.