Question regarding fillers.

C

cosmicrainbow

Iron
I recently visited my surgeon, where I discussed the differences between implants and fillers. He told me he could inject fillers to give me high cheekbones, and that they would look fantastic. My concern was that fillers are perceived to be temporary. But in response, he told me that while the fillers would last for about a year, with each session, I would see a 30% permanent correction in my cheeks, and that after 2 full sessions annually, and one session with only a partial injection 3 years down the line, that I'd be able to enjoy 100% permanent changes in my cheekbones.

I'm aware that none of us are experts in the field of plastic surgery, and I do trust my surgeon, considering he owns his own practice, graduated from a prestigious Canadian university and practices in Canada, where laws regarding lying to patients are strict, as they are in most first world nations. But I tried googling what he told me about the 30% permanent correction in my cheeks after each session, and I couldn't find anything. So my question is, can anybody corroborate what he told me? Do fillers provide a partial permanent correction with each session, or are they 100% temporary? Like I said, I trust my surgeon as, you know, he's studied this field for years, which is more than any of us can say, but I wanted to know if anybody else had heard something similar. Thanks y'all

Did he explain why they'd be permanent?

He probably meant that only 70% of the fillers would disappear between sessions. There's no way they'd be permanent, gotta use common sense here.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 245
Actually fillers stimulate collagen production in the skin so a portion of the results ARE permanent. But 100% after 3 years? I don't know that seems a bit too good to be true. Never heard of it from any other doctors either.

Are you going to get the filler injected along your zygomatic bone?

What specific fillers did he had in mind? I heard Radiesee has this effect

Did he explain why they'd be permanent?

He probably meant that only 70% of the fillers would disappear between sessions. There's no way they'd be permanent, gotta use common sense here.
He was clear that I would no longer need fillers after a couple sessions. I asked him to clarify on numerous occasions, too. Unfortunately I'm out of town until September; I'll hit him w some more detailed questions then, and clarify which fillers he's referring to, and why they're permanent in the first place.
Are you going to get the filler injected along your zygomatic bone?
That's the plan.
What specific fillers did he had in mind? I heard Radiesee has this effect
I'll be sure to ask him in the next meeting; I did some research and found that polyalkylimide is considered permanent to semi-permanent, since collagen forms over the gel; he could have been referring to polyalkylimide.
Actually fillers stimulate collagen production in the skin so a portion of the results ARE permanent. But 100% after 3 years? I don't know that seems a bit too good to be true. Never heard of it from any other doctors either.
I should clarify; I meant 4 sessions over 4 years; 3 full sessions, and then 1 partial session. I'll ask him for details in our next meeting, for sure.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: bonecel