Question to minoxidilcels - how about face aging?

Chico Chicowski

Chico Chicowski

Kraken
Question to only experienced users who used minox

did you experience pre-aging?

I've been using for a beard for a 1,5 month and I do notice results but also notice a slightly more visible forehead creases

Can retin-a be helpful here? Should I worry or quit it? Can it be reversed after quitting? or screw it and use botox in the future?

Im 23

Pretty sure it gave me naso folds using it on my beard area

Which brand and variant of Minoxidil are you using?
You could try switching to a non-alcoholic one.

life s fucking joke

my dad at 26 with a full beard
im at 23 with a shit

I ve been using it for 6 years. Didn’t notice any sides. But if you apply it on the face I guess chances are higher. Also brands that has alcohol in its formula are more likely to cause side effects

I ve been using it for 6 years. Didn’t notice any sides. But if you apply it on the face I guess chances are higher. Also brands that has alcohol in its formula are more likely to cause side effects
can you recommend any specific product-brand?

can you recommend any specific product-brand?
I am using spectral dnc 5%. It is really a good one. Alcohol free so I didn’t have any issues with scalp irritation or face aging

But it has a lot of other ingredients apart from actual minoxidil. And chances are some of them will be suppressing dht locally. So it will be detrimental to beard growth

I used to not have skin care and as I started beardmaxing I also got cerave cream and have better skin now than even before I used it

Do you think its worth to give a try to a professional microneedling procedure? I can't afford the dermapen ($200)

@Nibba

Question to only experienced users who used minox

did you experience pre-aging?

I've been using for a beard for a 1,5 month and I do notice results but also notice a slightly more visible forehead creases

Can retin-a be helpful here? Should I worry or quit it? Can it be reversed after quitting? or screw it and use botox in the future?

Im 23
minoxidil locally decreases collagen production.
tretinoin (retin-A) increases it, so I think tretinoin may counter minoxidil side effects.
(remember tretinoin makes your skin vulnerable to light so you must use sunscreen everyday!)
some people claim when you use minoxidil, it penetrates the skin, enters in blood vessel and becomes systemical, so it ages all your skin in your body. This fact is not scientifically proven and is illogic

Do you think its worth to give a try to a professional microneedling procedure? I can't afford the dermapen ($200)

@Nibba
That's even more expensive. I also use mininoxidil for beard. I'm going to stop after the 1 year mark. But the gains are so slow.

That's even more expensive. I also use mininoxidil for beard. I'm going to stop after the 1 year mark. But the gains are so slow.
where I live the 1 procedure costs around $30 (once per 6 months), dermapen is 200.

Did you notice any negative side effects on your looks?

where I live the 1 procedure costs around $30 (once per 6 months), dermapen is 200.
You're going to need a lot more than microneedling every 6 months to combat the side effects of minoxidil. I use my dermapen every 4-5 days.

Did you notice any negative side effects on your looks?
I always had wrinkles on my forehead because I keep raising my eyebrows. Minox made it worse but my dermapen with hylauronic acid is improving it.

You're going to need a lot more than microneedling every 6 months to combat the side effects of minoxidil. I use my dermapen every 4-5 days.

I always had wrinkles on my forehead because I keep raising my eyebrows. Minox made it worse but my dermapen with hylauronic acid is improving it.

Stretch forehead tight and put on medical tape over night. This alone has nearly erased my forehead lines caused by raising eyebrows. In morning they'll be completely gone then start to come back slowly through day, but each day they reduce permanently. Less effective for aging wrinkles where it's just lack of skin elasticity and collagen. Works amazing when still fairly young and you're not still doing the expressions that caused them.

• +1
Reactions: Zeta ascended