Questions about palate expansion

M

MD_Hopeful69

Kraken
So I asked my orthodontist that i did braces with years ago if they would be willing to do palate expansion on me, but they said i had braces which was when i was 14 they would have done it but my palate width was normal so they elected not to do it. today my palate is still around average maybe slightly above average, but would expanding really help me at all? I have a relatively narrow jaw compared to my zygo width so i would have to do palate expansion for both lower and upper jaw? I want to try and get the most out of lower jaw expanison until i get my wraparound. also, how much would doing palate expanion cost? another thing is i have 4 wisdom teeth in total from bottom and upper jaws. I was almost going to get em extracted like most people but then i saw everyone on here against wisdom teeth extraction. the wisdom teeth rarely affect anything to be honest, but it could be a good excuse to get my palate expanded
i also heard upper palate expansion could increase IPD, mouth width, and zygo width slightly, which would be a nice addon. i guess lower palate expansion would increase mandible?

• +1
Reactions: AyWiz
DYI, just put a bunch of toothpicks between your teeth.