Raising HYOID BONE

Almu

Almu

No real thread about this so here we go.

1. Mewing
  • I think I don't really have to mention it​
  • Just put your tongue on the roof of your moth -> Profit
2. High-speed-jaw-opening exercise credits: @honkhonkpatna (Just because he posted it first)
  • This study original purpose was to improve swallowing,[ISPOILER] so for the gay NI🅱🅱AS that like to swallow, good for you.[/ISPOILER]​
  • Anyways, even tho this was tested on old people (age 74.0±5.7) I can imagine this also be working on youncels and being very effective for people with really bad hyoid bone. Through this exercise of the mandible movement this contributes to muscle hypertrophy and improves muscle tone, especially of the mylohyoid muscle wich is connected to the hyoid bone wich.​
  • Exercise: The exercise schedule consisted of 3 sets of 20 repetitions each of rapid and maximum jaw-opening movement with a 10-second interval between sets. The exercise was performed twice daily for 4 weeks.
Cia 13 125Fig1
  • Result: There was a significant increase in the vertical position of the hyoid bone at rest.
  • Furthermore, during swallowing, the elevation of the hyoid bone and the velocity of its movement and esophageal sphincter opening increased significantly while the duration of the hyoid elevation and the pharyngeal transit time reduced significantly.
2020 01 08 23 18 21
2020 01 08 23 19 12

3. Stretching (Don't know if this works)
  • I don't think there is a study on this but i can clearly see this working
  • Exercise: Tongue on the roof of your mouth, hardcore smiling, hold swallow and stretch your head upwards and you should feel thee tension in your neck.

• That's the only exercise i have done and I think my hyoid bone actually did go higher but mine was already pretty insane
MshdAXL
Lateral View of the Suprahyoid Muscles of the Neck

• +1
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: flexdyll, Deleted member 51465, anticel and 104 others
Good thread.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: kuroganeikki, ChristianChad, Deleted member 4804 and 1 other person
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 51465, wishIwasSalludon, funkyflamingo and 15 others
good thread OP

• +1
Reactions: m999, 𝐀𝐬𝐬𝐲𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐫, Deleted member 4804 and 1 other person
Great effort

• +1
Reactions: Supernatueal, Deleted member 4804, OOGABOOGA and 1 other person
1. Mewing
All you need to do. The rest is not necessary.

• +1
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Supernatueal, Pimpek3214, IMZLEGEND and 21 others
  • JFL
Reactions: RAMU KAKA, Danish_Retard, Deprived and 2 others
good thread, i'll try the exercises for a while but more frequent and update

• +1
Reactions: Arceustofeus, Usum and Almu

1. Mewing
2. High-speed-jaw-opening exercise credits: @honkhonkpatna (Just because he posted it first)
  • This study original purpose was to improve swallowing,[ISPOILER] so for the gay NI🅱🅱AS that like to swallow, good for you.[/ISPOILER]​
  • Anyways, even tho this was tested on old people (age 74.0±5.7) I can imagine this also be working on youncels and being very effective for people with really bad hyoid bone. Through this exercise of the mandible movement this contributes to muscle hypertrophy and improves muscle tone, especially of the mylohyoid muscle wich is connected to the hyoid bone wich.​
  • Exercise: The exercise schedule consisted of 3 sets of 20 repetitions each of rapid and maximum jaw-opening movement with a 10-second interval between sets. The exercise was performed twice daily for 4 weeks.
  • Result: There was a significant increase in the vertical position of the hyoid bone at rest.
  • Furthermore, during swallowing, the elevation of the hyoid bone and the velocity of its movement and esophageal sphincter opening increased significantly while the duration of the hyoid elevation and the pharyngeal transit time reduced significantly.

• Exercise: Tongue on the roof of your mouth, hardcore smiling, hold swallow and stretch your head upwards and you should feel thee tension in your neck.

• That's the only exercise i have done and I think my hyoid bone actually did go higher but mine was already pretty insane

LMAO did my shit have some validity to it? I have been doing this exercise ever since I came across that paper, unfortunately I don't think that I have noticed a difference yet, but I wont stop until I got the hyoid of Margot Robbie in this photo
D01945ea 7c35 44e9 a8ee 03c0fb9c1c85 getty 903986146

Also off topic, but can you have a mild overbite and a high hyoid? Or does the overbite make it so that the hyoid stays low.

• +1
Reactions: IMZLEGEND, berlin.1969, Deleted member and 1 other person
amazing thread op, do you think it will help define my jaw better?

• +1
Reactions: razerftw and Almu
Good job man thanks for being the 1% that contributes helpful well made threads

• +1
Reactions: Nero III, Deleted member 25245, germcel and 3 others
Were the soycucks onto something? :soy:

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas, Deleted member 10524, Deleted member 4804 and 3 others
source.gif

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: heisenburgertaco, godlikesz and Almu
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: MogTheMogger and Usum

1. Mewing

wouldn't stretches make the muscle looser and thus hang lower?

• +1
Reactions: LooksJourney and Deleted member 6873
@Usum @ritalinredemption
You are contracting the suprahyoid muscles while holding the swallow postion.
So you are only stretching the Sterno- and Omohyoid muscle I think :lul:

Does bimax raise the hyoid?

Mewing works. Mine is already quite high, and I instantly notice improvement when doing it, so I guess it will work even better for low Hyoid Bone cels

• +1
Reactions: IMZLEGEND and Almu
  • +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas, AsGoodAsItGets, Gaia262 and 2 others
This is known since golden times of lookism but Not a single one including myself reported visible results.
So just another cope.

• So Sad
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: aestheticsrespecter, Deleted member 15827, OOGABOOGA and 4 others
  • +1
Reactions: kota
name bruh?
or he doesn't exist
ernest khalimov
and ye, he's morphed

1. Mewing

also OP, i've been doing the High-speed-jaw-opening exercise for 2-3 weeks now + hard mewing and I can notice that my hyoid bone is already higher now

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Itstoolate..., AsGoodAsItGets, Tom2004 and 3 others
ernest khalimov
and ye, he's morphed

also OP, i've been doing the High-speed-jaw-opening exercise for 2-3 weeks now + hard mewing and I can notice that my hyoid bone is already higher now
Good to know

Why would the muscles in your jaw affect the position of the hyoid?

• Hmm...
Reactions: AsGoodAsItGets
  • +1
Reactions: fyte, Deleted member 15827, Preoximerianas and 4 others
Why would strengthening or working a muscle make it tighter? I've never understood this logic.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: LooksJourney, Ethnicsmatter, Deleted member 2378 and 2 others
Best thread of 2020

• +1
Reactions: Almu

1. Mewing

holy fuck man, i can't believe, i just looked in the mirror and took pic and my hyoid bone is LEGIT not visible anymore even tho im about 15% bf, before hard mewing and that high speed jaw opening exercise i was 12% and i had low hyoid bone, I LEGIT can't believe wtf? free surgery tbh ngl

• +1
  • Woah
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 21796, Deleted member 4946, Bobelbrah and 5 others
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3162
Why hioid bone Is important?

• +1
Reactions: leloucheREBORN
ernest khalimov
and ye, he's morphed

Pics?

• +1
Reactions: anti caking agents
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 20327, EverythingMattersCel, TheChosenChad and 1 other person
clockwise maxillary rotation? can it help?

The difference is very hard to notice. Someone in this forum had like really low hyoid bone and it was almost impossible to tell from the front. It was only obvious from the side.

Most people are smaller then you and are looking up to you. It will be noticeable

• +1
Reactions: Indeed
Most people are smaller then you and are looking up to you. It will be noticeable
I guess it will be noticeable in real life , i was only taking about photos

I guess it will be noticeable in real life , i was only taking about photos
How cares about photos. RL is the only thing that counts

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas, Deleted member 4416, SteveRogers and 1 other person
Why only 4 weeks ? I want to do that everyday of my life

The difference is very hard to notice. Someone in this forum had like really low hyoid bone and it was almost impossible to tell from the front. It was only obvious from the side.

Holy shit. Literally impossible to ascend if you have a low hyoid bone. From the front he is top tier slayer but from the side JFL. Over for many including me.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Constantin Denis, AsGoodAsItGets and SteveRogers
@Sergio-OMS which orthognathic or craniofacial procedures would elevate the hyoid? I know of one but would like to know if there’s multiple of them.

And are there any that are meant to directly address a lower hyoid?

Im personally fine with my hyoid but many people on this forum have one they consider too low.

• +1
Reactions: Lihito and forwardgrowth
@Sergio-OMS which orthognathic or craniofacial procedures would elevate the hyoid? I know of one but would like to know if there’s multiple of them.

And are there any that are meant to directly address a lower hyoid?

Im personally fine with my hyoid but many people on this forum have one they consider too low.

Never thought about it in terms of lift, but I think any advancement of the hyoid bone would lift it, because of the biomechanics of all the muscles there. I don't know of any procedure designed to lift the bone in an isolated way, without advancing it.

This list includes procedures such as genioglossus advancement, genioplasties with a high osteotomy that includes the genial tubercules (the insertion points of some muscles) and also movements produced in BSSO with forward movement, IMDO (and mandibular rami distraction technique, by means of autorrotation).... not forgetting Le Fort with impaction, also by means of autorrotation of the mandible.

We could say that forward movement equals hyoid lift.

• +1
Reactions: nobodyspecial369, Deleted member 4416, Usum and 2 others

1. Mewing

And if that don't work the best thing you can do is.

Either hynoid lift.

BSSO

Reverse face lift.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Chadpreetmaybe, Usum and Almu