Reading is underrated

Deleted member 11479

Deleted member 11479

Iron
Imagine some random high iqcel condenses his 20+ years of extensive research into a book you can read anywhere that you can read in 1-2 weeks FOR FREE. Imagine how much you could improve your life if you spent your time reading and gaining knowledge.

Ngl tho most self help books are cope so read the reviews of books you want to read to make sure they are worth it. From my experience I have found the first half of self help books to be more informative then the second. I still think its worth to read even if half the books ends up being useless filler, as long as you gain some useful information, still mogs spending your time rotting away in your basement

I would advise trying to get the main lessons of the books and skimming over anecdotes and the useless stuff

WRITE NOTES OF THE IMPORTANT STUFF WHILE READING

I recommend reading novels as well, they force your brain to be active and be engaged while you imagine the visuals of the story, mogs mindlessly watching tv shows

Try reading for 1/2 hours a day before going to bed to help you sleep better at night, keeps you away from the blue lights from screen and tires out your eyes helping you fall sleep faster.

ALSO you can read while wearing glasses that are weaker than your eyesight which basically gymaxxes your eyeballs and improves your vision overtime
Check out this high iq thread: https://looksmax.org/threads/fix-your-eyesight-without-surgery-myopiacels-gtfih.96209/

Books that I have read and recommend:
Malcolm Gladwell - Blink : the power of thinking without thinking - One of the first "self help" books that I have read, basically going through how we think and how our gut feeling works. Really high iq shit I highly recommend reading it.

Andrew Hallam - Millionaire Teacher: The Nine Rules of Wealth You Should Have Learned in School - Really good book about the basics of managing and growing your wealth

Robert Kiyosaki - Rich Dad, Poor Dad - Pretty good book about money that helped open my eyes to the whole wage slave culture, maybe a little overrated

Anders Ericsson - Peak How to Master Almost Anything - Good book on how to practice and learn basically anything efficiently. A banger quote I got from this book was "We humans are most human when we're improving ourselves"

Robert Greene - The 48 laws of power - Haven't read it myself but I have heard a lot of good things about it

Timothy Gallwey - The Inner Game of Tennis - Also about efficiently practicing and having the right mindset while trying to improve and getting over plateaus but more geared towards athletes so it may not be for everyone. I would still recommend tho

Post your book recommendations bros

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: sub5inchcel, chaddyboi66, fauxfox and 30 others
Damn another high iq thread who is this guy

• JFL
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: chaddyboi66, pwettyboijens, ShtThreadKillYourslf and 14 others
Imagine some random high iqcel condenses his 20+ years of extensive research into a book you can read anywhere that you can read in 1-2 weeks FOR FREE. Imagine how much you could improve your life if you spent your time reading and gaining knowledge.
This is basically the reason I read. I heard a quote along the lines of “life is too short to waste time with your own experiences when you can read entire lifetimes from other people”

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Danish_Retard, chaddyboi66, Deleted member 6128 and 10 others
Excellent thread, followed and bookmarked.
Books that I recommend:
  • Atomic Habits by James Clear
  • How to Win Friends and Influence people by Dale Carnegie
  • 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: sub5inchcel, Deleted member 6128, Alexanderr and 4 others
Excellent thread, followed and bookmarked.
Books that I recommend:
  • Atomic Habits by James Clear
  • How to Win Friends and Influence people by Dale Carnegie
  • 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
Thanks bro will look into them

• +1
Reactions: PrisonMike
greycels carry the site

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 6128, AbuSAF, Cacas112 and 1 other person
This is basically the reason I read. I heard a quote along the lines of “life is too short to waste time with your own experiences when you can read entire lifetimes from other people”
This actually kinda underrated our ability to learn and pass down knowledge is what separates us from literal apes and other animals

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Danish_Retard, agentq123, Golgo13 and 1 other person
reading is retarded unless you actually apply the knowledge you learn into real-life which 99% of reading copers don't do.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: john2, PubertyMaxxer, Landorus and 9 others
Books are for prisoners

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: mogging, pwettyboijens, Landorus and 6 others
There is tons of good movies reading is stupid unless you are reading non fictional things

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 10524

Ngl tho most self help books are cope so read the reviews of books you want to read to make sure they are worth it. From my experience I have found the first half of self help books to be more informative then the second. I still think its worth to read even if half the books ends up being useless filler, as long as you gain some useful information, still mogs spending your time rotting away in your basement

I would advise trying to get the main lessons of the books and skimming over anecdotes and the useless stuff

WRITE NOTES OF THE IMPORTANT STUFF WHILE READING

I recommend reading novels as well, they force your brain to be active and be engaged while you imagine the visuals of the story, mogs mindlessly watching tv shows

Try reading for 1/2 hours a day before going to bed to help you sleep better at night, keeps you away from the blue lights from screen and tires out your eyes helping you fall sleep faster.

ALSO you can read while wearing glasses that are weaker than your eyesight which basically gymaxxes your eyeballs and improves your vision overtime
Check out this high iq thread: https://looksmax.org/threads/fix-your-eyesight-without-surgery-myopiacels-gtfih.96209/

Books that I have read and recommend:
Malcolm Gladwell - Blink : the power of thinking without thinking - One of the first "self help" books that I have read, basically going through how we think and how our gut feeling works. Really high iq shit I highly recommend reading it.

Andrew Hallam - Millionaire Teacher: The Nine Rules of Wealth You Should Have Learned in School - Really good book about the basics of managing and growing your wealth

Robert Kiyosaki - Rich Dad, Poor Dad - Pretty good book about money that helped open my eyes to the whole wage slave culture, maybe a little overrated

Anders Ericsson - Peak How to Master Almost Anything - Good book on how to practice and learn basically anything efficiently. A banger quote I got from this book was "We humans are most human when we're improving ourselves"

Robert Greene - The 48 laws of power - Haven't read it myself but I have heard a lot of good things about it

Timothy Gallwey - The Inner Game of Tennis - Also about efficiently practicing and having the right mindset while trying to improve and getting over plateaus but more geared towards athletes so it may not be for everyone. I would still recommend tho

Post your book recommendations bros
Man nobody on this site wants to read something longer then 5 passages yet you wan't them to read a book jfl

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: mogging, Deleted member 11479 and Need2Ascend
Reading is good and all but again nothing life changing like most copes and kind of low T tbh, I still read occasionally but I'd say it's rather overrated than underrated from mainstream media

Last edited:
reading is good but it wont fix ur uneven jaw tmj tmd face massage crooked face problem

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer and sandcelmuttcel
Reading more and experiencing less leads to mental illness

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer, IdiAmin, Htobrother and 1 other person
>self help books are bad
>posts his list of self help books

• JFL
Reactions: Effortless, AscendingHero, studiocel and 2 others
I read biographies and books about pimps lmao Or some redpill books, I don't have time for the rest

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11479, Deleted member 4797 and Golgo13

• JFL
  • Love it
  • +1
Reactions: mogging, Deleted member 11479 and Deleted member 4797
Reading more and experiencing less leads to mental illness
Im mentally ill now legit
I don’t read anymore only take out what I can implement and do it if I need information

miss me with that nerd shit

Im mentally ill now legit
I don’t read anymore only take out what I can implement and do it if I need information
You should minimize thinking and ego projecting scenarios too, build habbits and have hobbies that demand physical in the moment investment, even this forum is a big no no tbh i ll stop lurking around on week days, if you read you should read practical things.
That s pretty much what the market pays for too for example, what i study and other branches of engineering get right to the meat and core of things, everything you read is practical and demands irl investment you cant just read you have to apply at the very same time. Unlike bs degrees where you also find lots of emo hippies and mentally ill people (liberal arts, gender studies yada yada)
Good luck buddy.

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Htobrother and Need2Ascend
Convict Conditioning. A book about the interesting point of view of a prisoner about strength and muscle training, how he views strength, gym culture, etc. and his mogger system of building progressive calisthenics strength and muscle prison style.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: dopamine-detox, Anaesthesia and Deleted member 11479
> reading is underrated

> didn't read

• JFL
Reactions: Effortless, Deleted member 11479 and warpsociety
I read biographies and books about pimps lmao Or some redpill books, I don't have time for the rest
nice man which ones?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5912
reading is for faggots. base your life in past experiences not fairy tales

• +1
Reactions: Need2Ascend
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 11479, Golgo13 and Deleted member 4797
  • +1
Reactions: Golgo13, IdiAmin and Deleted member 5912
Based. Reading is amazing.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Htobrother, Deleted member 6403 and Deleted member 11479
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11479 and Deleted member 8244
Does reading @kjsbdfiusdf posts count

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 11479, Deleted member 8244 and Deleted member 10042
>48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene
an overhyped book filled with random laws with weak justification that are contradictory and difficult to recall written by a noncredible author. XD
Haven't read it myself but I have heard a lot of good things about it
from normies.

I'll check out The Prince. It's literally written by the man that the word machiavellianism is from. I wouldn't be stunned if it contained many tactics I'm already cognizant of though.

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 11479
>48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene
an overhyped book filled with random laws with weak justification that are contradictory and difficult to recall written by a noncredible author. XD

from normies.
Yea i read the first couple chapters and gave up reading on it lol
I'll check out The Prince. It's literally written by the man that the word machiavellianism is from. I wouldn't be stunned if it contained many tactics I'm already cognizant of though.

Thankfully my library has it, will check it out. Don't know whether to get vii or viii though

• +1
Reactions: Growth Plate
Are audiobooks valid?
Audiobooks are good enough but you cant get the other benefits from actually reading a book. I would make sure to bookmark and write down key points on the app.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8244
reading is for faggots. base your life in past experiences not fairy tales
Why not also read on the past experiences of others. You can literally read a mans life works in the span of 2 weeks.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8244
Atomic Habits is a good book though, I recommend it, you can listen to the audiobook on Spotify and YouTube as well.

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Alexanderr
Can't read for shit cause of adhd, cant even watch movies, series, finish video games, songs etc. The only thing that stimulates me is very bass heavy music, horror movies, and extreme sports like skydiving, going on dangerous mountain trails, drugs etc.

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and Deleted member 11479
Good thread, reading is very underrated.

I read a book of 600+ pages during the summer of 2019, didn't get to read as much last year (apart from a few boring books from my literature class), but I'm looking forward to picking it up again this year.

Some books that I want to read, in the foreseeable future:
- The 33 Strategies Of War, by Robert Greene
- The 48 Laws of Power, also by Robert Greene
- Propaganda, by Edward Bernays
- Fahrenheit 451, by Ray Bradbury
- Brave New World, by Aldous Huxley
- The Prince, by Niccolò Machiavelli
- Rules for Radicals, by Saul Alinsky
- The Art of War, by Sun Tzu

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11479, Alexanderr and Blue
Good thread, reading is very underrated.

I read a book of 600+ pages during the summer of 2019, didn't get to read as much last year (apart from a few boring books from my literature class), but I'm looking forward to picking it up again this year.

Some books that I want to read, in the foreseeable future:
- The 33 Strategies Of War, by Robert Greene
- The 48 Laws of Power, also by Robert Greene
- Propaganda, by Edward Bernays
- Fahrenheit 451, by Ray Bradbury
- Brave New World, by Aldous Huxley
- The Prince, by Niccolò Machiavelli
- Rules for Radicals, by Saul Alinsky
- The Art of War, by Sun Tzu
I don't know what your intentions for wanting to read these two books are, so my comment might be completely obsolete and uncalled for, but be be aware that both of them don't have as much IRL application as people on the internet - particularly redpill and self-help communities - claim. Having read both of them, I can tell you that The Art of War is very understandable, and if you're looking to get into a position where you have to lead people, it's quite an useful read. As for The Prince, even for someone with way above average historical knowledge it can be a tough and exhausting reading experience, since there are a lot of local references from this very period of history, making it hard to grasp what the point of them is. Furthermore, the message Machiavelli tries to convey aren't nearly as clear cut as the ones in Sun Tzu's The Art of War, so keep that in mind as well.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11479 and Gargantuan
Can't read for shit cause of adhd, cant even watch movies, series, finish video games, songs etc. The only thing that stimulates me is very bass heavy music, horror movies, and extreme sports like skydiving, going on dangerous mountain trails, drugs etc.
Try audiobooks bro. You can be doing something else while listening to them.

• +1
Try audiobooks bro. You can be doing something else while listening to them.
Im just going to get day dreaming thought loops about something while the audibook is talking, happens to me everytime. Literally only very high norepinephrine and adrenaline stuff make me concentrate

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and Alexanderr
Im just going to get day dreaming thought loops about something while the audibook is talking, happens to me everytime. Literally only very high norepinephrine and adrenaline stuff make me concentrate
how tf do you study?

• +1
Reactions: TsarTsar444
I don't know what your intentions for wanting to read these two books are, so my comment might be completely obsolete and uncalled for, but be be aware that both of them don't have as much IRL application as people on the internet - particularly redpill and self-help communities - claim. Having read both of them, I can tell you that The Art of War is very understandable, and if you're looking to get into a position where you have to lead people, it's quite an useful read. As for The Prince, even for someone with way above average historical knowledge it can be a tough and exhausting reading experience, since there are a lot of local references from this very period of history, making it hard to grasp what the point of them is. Furthermore, the message Machiavelli tries to convey aren't nearly as clear cut as the ones in Sun Tzu's The Art of War, so keep that in mind as well.
You're not wrong there, I've encountered this problem as well, in the past.
When I tried to read Letters from a Stoic (by Seneca), about 2 years ago, some of the references that were present in the book, were very confusing indeed (as it was first published in 65 AD).

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11479 and Blue