Reading is underrated

Can't read for shit cause of adhd, cant even watch movies, series, finish video games, songs etc. The only thing that stimulates me is very bass heavy music, horror movies, and extreme sports like skydiving, going on dangerous mountain trails, drugs etc.
Rip your dopamine levels. Does this happen with books/shows you really enjoy too? Try reading harry potter or some shit lmao.

• +1
Reactions: Alexanderr and TsarTsar444
Rip your dopamine levels. Does this happen with books/shows you really enjoy too? Try reading harry potter or some shit lmao.
Yeah i never finished a tv show or a book. The interest fades extremely quickly even if i have it in the first place. Music is the same, i can't listen to the same song for more then 1 minute

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 11479
Im just going to get day dreaming thought loops about something while the audibook is talking, happens to me everytime. Literally only very high norepinephrine and adrenaline stuff make me concentrate
Try playing a game or something else distracting while listening to an audiobook. Its worth trying. Reading is really helpful in all areas of your life.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11479 and TsarTsar444
Yeah i never finished a tv show or a book. The interest fades extremely quickly even if i have it in the first place. Music is the same, i can't listen to the same song for more then 1 minute
Do you have any role models? I love basketball and working out so my role models are Michael Jordan and Arnold Schwarzenegger. Watching videos of them almost everyday, hearing how competitive and hard working they were helped me to become motivated and hard working myself.

• +1
Reactions: TsarTsar444
Do you have any role models? I love basketball and working out so my role models are Michael Jordan and Arnold Schwarzenegger. Watching videos of them almost everyday, hearing how competitive and hard working they were helped me to become motivated and hard working myself.
No i don't, i don't care for any of those motivational stuff, my only goal is being hedonistic, mostly with drugs, food, sports, music, sex. Anything that makes me feel good to me personally is a win in life

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: one job away, Deleted member 11479 and lutte
No i don't, i don't care for any of those motivational stuff, my only goal is being hedonistic, mostly with drugs, food, sports, music, sex. Anything that makes me feel good to me personally is a win in life
I feel like that kind of lifestyle will eventually leave you burned out, you are trying to live the Dan Bilzerian lifestyle.

Imagine some random high iqcel condenses his 20+ years of extensive research into a book you can read anywhere that you can read in 1-2 weeks FOR FREE. Imagine how much you could improve your life if you spent your time reading and gaining knowledge.

Ngl tho most self help books are cope so read the reviews of books you want to read to make sure they are worth it. From my experience I have found the first half of self help books to be more informative then the second. I still think its worth to read even if half the books ends up being useless filler, as long as you gain some useful information, still mogs spending your time rotting away in your basement

I would advise trying to get the main lessons of the books and skimming over anecdotes and the useless stuff

WRITE NOTES OF THE IMPORTANT STUFF WHILE READING

I recommend reading novels as well, they force your brain to be active and be engaged while you imagine the visuals of the story, mogs mindlessly watching tv shows

Try reading for 1/2 hours a day before going to bed to help you sleep better at night, keeps you away from the blue lights from screen and tires out your eyes helping you fall sleep faster.

ALSO you can read while wearing glasses that are weaker than your eyesight which basically gymaxxes your eyeballs and improves your vision overtime
Check out this high iq thread: https://looksmax.org/threads/fix-your-eyesight-without-surgery-myopiacels-gtfih.96209/

Books that I have read and recommend:
Malcolm Gladwell - Blink : the power of thinking without thinking - One of the first "self help" books that I have read, basically going through how we think and how our gut feeling works. Really high iq shit I highly recommend reading it.

Andrew Hallam - Millionaire Teacher: The Nine Rules of Wealth You Should Have Learned in School - Really good book about the basics of managing and growing your wealth

Robert Kiyosaki - Rich Dad, Poor Dad - Pretty good book about money that helped open my eyes to the whole wage slave culture, maybe a little overrated

Anders Ericsson - Peak How to Master Almost Anything - Good book on how to practice and learn basically anything efficiently. A banger quote I got from this book was "We humans are most human when we're improving ourselves"

Robert Greene - The 48 laws of power - Haven't read it myself but I have heard a lot of good things about it

Timothy Gallwey - The Inner Game of Tennis - Also about efficiently practicing and having the right mindset while trying to improve and getting over plateaus but more geared towards athletes so it may not be for everyone. I would still recommend tho

Post your book recommendations bros
I envy those smart guys on Haward. They can read all the books they want while chad has to desperately get validation from fucking Stacy's. What a poor soul...

Why is everyone a red piller all of a sudden ? Reading books, learning how to write to girls... what's that pua bs???? Every minute you wasted reading a book is a minute wasted from getting salary for surgery

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer and Deleted member 11479
I feel like that kind of lifestyle will eventually leave you burned out, you are trying to live the Dan Bilzerian lifestyle.
Not really, i have adhd so i don't think long term for the future or past. I can endlessly find some copes, even if its smoking meth 24/7 and masturbating for a whole week

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 11479
Fuck books
Hit the gym and kick the football

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer
Imagine some random high iqcel condenses his 20+ years of extensive research into a book you can read anywhere that you can read in 1-2 weeks FOR FREE. Imagine how much you could improve your life if you spent your time reading and gaining knowledge.

Ngl tho most self help books are cope so read the reviews of books you want to read to make sure they are worth it. From my experience I have found the first half of self help books to be more informative then the second. I still think its worth to read even if half the books ends up being useless filler, as long as you gain some useful information, still mogs spending your time rotting away in your basement

I would advise trying to get the main lessons of the books and skimming over anecdotes and the useless stuff

WRITE NOTES OF THE IMPORTANT STUFF WHILE READING

I recommend reading novels as well, they force your brain to be active and be engaged while you imagine the visuals of the story, mogs mindlessly watching tv shows

Try reading for 1/2 hours a day before going to bed to help you sleep better at night, keeps you away from the blue lights from screen and tires out your eyes helping you fall sleep faster.

ALSO you can read while wearing glasses that are weaker than your eyesight which basically gymaxxes your eyeballs and improves your vision overtime
Check out this high iq thread: https://looksmax.org/threads/fix-your-eyesight-without-surgery-myopiacels-gtfih.96209/

Books that I have read and recommend:
Malcolm Gladwell - Blink : the power of thinking without thinking - One of the first "self help" books that I have read, basically going through how we think and how our gut feeling works. Really high iq shit I highly recommend reading it.

Andrew Hallam - Millionaire Teacher: The Nine Rules of Wealth You Should Have Learned in School - Really good book about the basics of managing and growing your wealth

Robert Kiyosaki - Rich Dad, Poor Dad - Pretty good book about money that helped open my eyes to the whole wage slave culture, maybe a little overrated

Anders Ericsson - Peak How to Master Almost Anything - Good book on how to practice and learn basically anything efficiently. A banger quote I got from this book was "We humans are most human when we're improving ourselves"

Robert Greene - The 48 laws of power - Haven't read it myself but I have heard a lot of good things about it

Timothy Gallwey - The Inner Game of Tennis - Also about efficiently practicing and having the right mindset while trying to improve and getting over plateaus but more geared towards athletes so it may not be for everyone. I would still recommend tho

Post your book recommendations bros
I disagree

This stuff is cope if you have a shit occupation

You need to gain access to a top elite university and high paying major first ( by learning ONLY the highschool curriculum 24/7) before these self-help books benefit you

masturbating is more fun than reading

• Hmm...
Reactions: chaddyboi66
I disagree

This stuff is cope if you have a shit occupation

You need to gain access to a top elite university and high paying major first ( by learning ONLY the highschool curriculum 24/7) before these self-help books benefit you
Reading books is cope tbh. I'd rather rot here.

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer

J. M. R. Rice - "How to Make Money in Your Spare Time"