Realistically what surgeries can make the midface LOOKS shorter?

S

Slyfex8

Sphinx
Yeah it's not actually possible to "shorten" the midface, but I'm pretty sure there is way to make it looks shorter?

CCW Lefort 1, BSSO, ChinWing? What are the ways?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Htobrother
Lip lift if you have long philtrum

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5891, rax1337, Htobrother and 2 others
lefort 2

• +1
Reactions: Htobrother and Deleted member 5385
lip lift and raising the nose tip

Sucking cock often

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5385, Mongrelcel, Deleted member 6892 and 2 others
Yeah it's not actually possible to "shorten" the midface, but I'm pretty sure there is way to make it looks shorter?

CCW Lefort 1, BSSO, ChinWing? Qhat are the ways?
do you have a downturned nosetip?

• +1
Reactions: Slyfex8
Modified Lefort 3

Quatriangular Lefort 2
1 s20 S0278239104003969 gr3a

Probably MSE with FM
Actually everything which give ccw rotation of whole maxilla shorten midface, fix gonial angle etc.

Last edited:
Subnasal Lip Lift can shorten the philtrum (you might need maxillary impaction).
Modified Oblique LeFort 3 can shorten the nose slightly.

• +1
Reactions: WagedandReady and Slyfex8
Yes + narrow nose --> Pushing the skin around my nose ascend me
After raising the nosetip,you'll also have a "longer" philitrum,which should then be corrected with a lip lift.Therefore: nosetiplift + liplift should make your midface a good bit shorter

Subnasal Lip Lift can shorten the philtrum (you might need maxillary impaction).

Is it even possible to get a lip lift without looking high tier fag?

After raising the nosetip,you'll also have a "longer" philitrum,which should then be corrected with a lip lift.Therefore: nosetiplift + liplift should make your midface a good bit shorter

Was thinking the same, but the strong advancement of the lower jaw should make the philtrum looks not that long probably, but I agree the philtrum himself should be longer if the nose tip is raised, but look at my previous post, fucking scared of the lip lift

• +1
Is it even possible to get a lip lift without looking high tier fag?
Yes, as long as you don't shorten it too much it should look good.

• +1
Yes, as long as you don't shorten it too much it should look good.

Isn't it a bit hard for the surgeon ton plan the bimax in anticipation of a lip lift? I mean the bimax surgeon himself doesn't theoretically do lip lifts, so it's with another surgeon, how does the guy cope with that?

CCW Lefort 1, BSSO, ChinWing? What are the ways?

Chin wing makes your ramus vertically longer and increases your bigonial widgth it also brings the chin forward.

Bimax can mix the lefort 1 region of your maxilla shorter due to the rotation you could therotically get a lefort 2 with ccw that makes your whole nose region shorter.

Isn't it a bit hard for the surgeon ton plan the bimax in anticipation of a lip lift? I mean the bimax surgeon himself doesn't theoretically do lip lifts, so it's with another surgeon, how does the guy cope with that?
Because of the possible impaction needed to avoid excess of gum show that could happen after the subnasal lip lift?

• +1
Because of the possible impaction needed to avoid excess of gum show that could happen after the subnasal lip lift?

Basically getting the lip lift before any form of jaw surgery?

Because getting two jaw surgery seems to be a bit harsh

you could therotically get a lefort 2 with ccw that makes your whole nose region shorter.
That would leave you with an overly upturned nose, exposed nostrils and a decreased nasofrontal angle, it is not feasible.

Basically getting the lip lift before any form of jaw surgery?

Because getting two jaw surgery seems to be a bit harsh
Yes, that sounds reasonable, but at the same time you need to take into account that maxillary advancement might make your philtrum appear shorter from the front (this depends on the amount of advancement you get).

People on jawsurgeryforums were discussing this same topic:

I don't know if there's a way to estimate how much the perceived length of your philtrum from the front would decrease according to the amount of maxillary advancement you get.

As for the amount of maxillary impaction needed (assuming that you don't get maxillary advancement or you just don't get enough advancement to affect the perceived length of your philtrum from the front), I guess it equals the amount of shortening of the philtrum length, for example if you have a normal amount of tooth show and you want to shorten your philtrum 3mm, I think you would need to impact the impact the maxilla 3mm as well, but I am not totally sure about this.

how to combine it with bimax?
would not you need the bimax for people with a gummy smile after a lip lift even If you dont have one

would not you need the bimax for people with a gummy smile after a lip lift even If you dont have one
You might need maxillary impaction to avoid excess of gum show, but it depends on the amount of tooth show you have prior to the subnasal lip lift.

Oib5W.jpg