Recession correlation with sloped shoulders? [PLUS highly recessed sportsman]

clockwiseRotator

clockwiseRotator

Iron
I commonly see sloped, narrow shoulders on individuals who have clear signs of downward growth facially. An example is the Indian cricket player who's photo is attached. I doubt there's a direct shared causation, though if there was it would almost certainly be posture. Other possibilities include the shared effect of testosterone on facial width or environmental factors on the development both clavical and facial bones.

If this discussion is meaningless, do enjoy the examples I've posted. He is probably one the most downward-grown well-known individuals out there.

73148038 Jpg

• +1
Reactions: Julius, sensen and Mouthbreath
no one here knows anything tbh

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21531, Slob, klamus and 1 other person
Should not be much of a surprise. If you have bad habits, expect to grow in a bad way.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5891, Effortless and sensen
according to john mew, recession is the product of bad tongue and body posture (i.e. sloped shoulders)

A lot of the best boxers and fighters have naturally sloped shoulders however and have massive lower thirds.

Good example is Conor McGregor

This is true yeah, sloped shoulders automatically makes the neck more curved and makes your head more tilted resulting in a bad slope which pulls on your jaw and tongue

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6723
There’s a difference between sloping shoulders and shoulders that are rolled forward. The former is caused by high trap insertions (see zyzz)

A lot of the best boxers and fighters have naturally sloped shoulders however and have massive lower thirds.

Good example is Conor McGregor

Cap. He beard frauds.

i dont get it. almost every indian is built like that recessed or not

People who have had bimax say their posture corrects it self cause they can actually breathe when they stand straight. This example you showed is someone who is recessed and can’t breathe right so he has bad posture to open his airway

I commonly see sloped, narrow shoulders on individuals who have clear signs of downward growth facially. An example is the Indian cricket player who's photo is attached. I doubt there's a direct shared causation, though if there was it would almost certainly be posture. Other possibilities include the shared effect of testosterone on facial width or environmental factors on the development both clavical and facial bones.

If this discussion is meaningless, do enjoy the examples I've posted. He is probably one the most downward-grown well-known individuals out there.

View attachment 818590View attachment 818591
3B659CBB A078 4638 A513 1FCC46A7E5B5

• JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: Chintuck22 and Mexicanboi
Cap. He beard frauds.
not at all bruh, theres plenty of pics of him without beard. Also if he had a recessed chin, he wouldnt take shots as big as he does. He has a huge lower third

An example of god-tier clavicles/frame but downward grown face:
6a4e5bb43a5393383e9f85fcf84ac59c.jpg

phelps_chest_custom-d239ac79c3c04de45483a17d1ef421f66b2ef812-s800-c85.jpg

An example of god-tier clavicles/frame but downward grown face:
6a4e5bb43a5393383e9f85fcf84ac59c.jpg

phelps_chest_custom-d239ac79c3c04de45483a17d1ef421f66b2ef812-s800-c85.jpg
Phelps is inspiration tbh. He used to train for 8 hours, 365 days a year. Even on his birthday and even on Christmas.

• +1
Reactions: Julius

View attachment 818590View attachment 818591
I actually have my own theory on this. I think that everything is connected to an skeletal frame axis that revolves around habits of breathing.

One clue is the underlooked aspects relating to the sternum, clavicles and the windpipe. These structures' relative positions to eachother are shaped by habitual lung volume (which depends on how well air is accessed by the nose/mouth.) When the lung volume that is habitually collapsed what you get is a sternum thats grows in an orientation thats "downswung" just like the face, this pulls down and recesses the windpipe -> the collar bones also recess as well. Since the windpipe is attached to the hyoid its downward tension also brings the tongue down + facial structures too (gradually over time.) Theres alot of downward slack of hard and soft tissues that help downswing the face too. Just look at the right image of the Indian guy and how he has to kink his neck just to keep his head upright (at the middle of the neck and not at the base.)

The thing is Im not sure if its a problem that is top-down or bottom-up. It might be both simultaneously!

Something to consider that most guys dont know they have is something called Pectus Excavatum which makes it hard to breath. It forces you to have certain poor postures to breath but its happening more and more to men in modernity. Everyone's breast bone position is different depending on their development as it has various degrees but ideally it should be flat. This also causes flaring of the lower ribcage laterally.

When theres some degree of recession of the breast bone and/or collar bones your breathing+posture becomes suboptimal and your body will adapt by changing its posture thats suitable for unconscious breathing. You'll be handicapped to using some passive diffusion of air to aid in breathing since you dont have the rib cage shape to match your true lung volume and lower neck/tongue posture for optimal air flow.

If you puff out your chest and breast bone through inhalation you can see that you have less rounded shoulders and closer to what your genetic potential intended your body to form. Obviously holding this posture isnt sustainable for more than a few seconds because its not the conditions your skeletal frame adapted to grow into. What stops you from maintaining this improved posture is lack of breath, the breast bone and collar bone position being the bottleneck. When you are past 20 your body is trying to work with what it already has, theres a limited amount of what you can do to reverse it.

tldr; recessed and down swung breast bone + recessed clavicles = worse breathing -> lung volume sinks lower along with other connected structures that include the downswinging the face.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Julius, Hightwolf and curryslayerordeath